Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

:blink: Your rational is the reason for your own sadness. (Shakes head)

I'm just saying that I would only buy Rey or Stick if they were discounted. Fuke I would be happy to pay full price for after selling one of my organs.

Some people can't drop a quarter grand on a toy.

Exactly. That's why I am part of the PPMTCSG.

Welcome to the club Eugimon. It really is a fine piece, and in my reckoning the in-hand experience is well worth the pricetag. This is one of those few modern toys which is actually more impressive in person than it is in photos.

Grats dude! ^_^

Welcome to the club Eugimon. It really is a fine piece, and in my reckoning the in-hand experience is well worth the pricetag. This is one of those few modern toys which is actually more impressive in person than it is in photos.

Grats dude! ^_^

Thanks... it's a mixed bag in terms of posability but it's just so phenomenally engineered!

I definitely think $200 was a fair price for the Beagle Ride Armor. The classic Gakken used to easily fetch that much and more and it isn't even in a league anywhere near the Beagle. I now own both Beagle releases and a Toynami Scott... I will definitely pick up a Toynami Rand at some point... hopefully at a good price :).

You know would be sweet? If a really talented person on these boards (that does not describe me) was able to come up with a Rand to Rook conversion kit using the prototype shots from the Beagle. The hardest part might be the figure but you could probably cheat at that by just creating a new head (maybe only the helmetless one) and new boots.

There was some talk earlier of what an "appendix" kit for these toys should come with. Even if the MPCs are off the table, and an appendix is now even less likely, what did we think were good items to include? Here are my thoughts:

1) Scott's pendant. I would like it so that it could be flipped open and there would be a little peg in the middle where you could attach a little plastic Marlene figure so you could make it look like Scott was looking at the hologram.

2) Saddle bags, accessory bags, etc like those recently sold at Wonderfest

3) Annie/Mint figures just like CMs did them, one standing and one crouching... Hell, they could sell these separately for like $5 each.

4) Now that they're not making them, Rook, Yellow, and Jim figures would be cool too like CMs is doing.

5) A headless helmet so you could make it look like Rand or Scott was about to put the helmet on or just taken it off.

6) ?

yeah, i agree, they're worth the money. they're pretty remarkable toys. Some smart use of metal as well on important hinges, joints and structures and nice and beefy metal, not all thin and cheap like some other companies do or loaded up in odd areas.

could have used some paint on the engine block and a better locking system on the front of the bike in both bike and armor mode.. putting the screw for the neck on the side was kinda bonehead too.

I'm sad to see this line go, it really deserves to be more successful.

On a less depressing note, my MPC Cyclone is number 1302 so we know they must have made at least 1500 of the 3000 Scott Ride Armors.

EDIT - by the way, I think the stat that Toynami cut their order into a third comes from Toynami's original 10K limit on the toys. Before anyone gets angry at Toynami for cutting their own order way down, I'm pretty sure Beagle also produced way fewer for themselves also. The economy took a crap.

Edited by jenius

The part of me that gets angry at HG (actually) is that they have a stranglehold on a license that they don't really push. The big what if is, what if Beagle was able to profit fully without having to to repackage part of their stock. The only product I can compare it with is CMs Legioss and Tlead combo. No toynami involvement and even has a competing product at almost the same scale and still manages to get a re-release. I know CMs is a slightly larger company but remember, when they were making Macross figures, we have never heard of them. Two Ride armors toys that Toynami supported = dead... Mospeada toys by a non Toynami supported company = completed.

Who else wants Big West to make that deal with HG so that Toynami can import Macross toys?

Great pics. They are making me slightly regret my decision to purchase a Cyclone (I keep saying Cyclone cause I won't be able to afford the Beagle version ever)

On a less depressing note, my MPC Cyclone is number 1302 so we know they must have made at least 1500 of the 3000 Scott Ride Armors.

The economy took a crap.

That is good news! And the latter of course we all know is too true...and not good news.

The part of me that gets angry at HG (actually) is that they have a stranglehold on a license that they don't really push.

Two Ride armors toys that Toynami supported = dead... Mospeada toys by a non Toynami supported company = completed.

I completely agree with you on both notes. If you own the license and can make something of it, then do it already. That second part just makes me sick.

GREAT pics Eugimon.

I will still allow myself a 5% hope that the ride-armor line will be brought back some day. My other 95% will try to forget about it.

I think Toynami only helped Beagle. And I think they will look into what it would take to do the Fuke armor on there own.

But given all we discussed they will likely discover that is is not financially wise, even if she might move 1,000 more units than a Stick version . . .

It's definitely more of a "display piece" than a toy... even more than yamato's valkyries. But the engineering and craftsmanship is really great. It's not a knock on it at all, it's an amazing translation of a design that relies heavily on anime magic.

edit:: I just spent 30 mins fiddling with the BG motoslave... so nevermind, the Beagle is fracking masterpiece and it's stable as a rock.

class picture!

_DSC6042.jpg

Nice pic. Similar to how I have all my variable bikes displayed, though I do tend to group them by scale.

I agree that the Beagle, despite solid engineering and nothing breaking (yet) is more of a display piece. Then again, so are the various Yamato Garlands. My CMs, as much as they may be intended to be playable, are too fidgety and all of mine are just display pieces. The only ones that I really "play" with are my BGC Motoslave (don't know why people complain about these; I have the metallic Priss and it's fun and durable) and Transformers.

Finaly got my MPC alpha (scott bernard) in the mail today ^_^. This thing is a hard (and expencive) SOAB to track down.

To bad i had to go buy a new one becouse my old one fell apart :angry:.

I'm not transforming this one ever again.

Now that Alpha and Beta are finaly connected i'm psyched. They look soooooo good together.

After 20 years of waiting.. B)) . Pics don't do it justice... All thats left is getting the rest :lol:

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

Edited by gilermo

Nice pic. Similar to how I have all my variable bikes displayed, though I do tend to group them by scale.

I agree that the Beagle, despite solid engineering and nothing breaking (yet) is more of a display piece. Then again, so are the various Yamato Garlands. My CMs, as much as they may be intended to be playable, are too fidgety and all of mine are just display pieces. The only ones that I really "play" with are my BGC Motoslave (don't know why people complain about these; I have the metallic Priss and it's fun and durable) and Transformers.

the motoslave by itself is okay though I think the the rear wheel/leg lock thing is kinda weak. It's when you do the combined mode that the posing gets tough trying to keep the hardsuit and the motoslave legs together the way they should be.

What if .... what if ... Toynami and Beagle is pulling a fast one on us; that this news of no more 1/10 cyclones is a ploy to get everyone to buy, buy, buy!!!

After all, sales were not that good with the first two due to the fact that their original $79.99 exploded to $220 or so. Anyone have any idea why the companies decided to mark up the price to almost 3 times the original price? WTF?

Well anyhow, I'm deciding whether to pick up Rand for $170 shipped. I got Stick at the Comic Con.

What if .... what if ... Toynami and Beagle is pulling a fast one on us; that this news of no more 1/10 cyclones is a ploy to get everyone to buy, buy, buy!!!

After all, sales were not that good with the first two due to the fact that their original $79.99 exploded to $220 or so. Anyone have any idea why the companies decided to mark up the price to almost 3 times the original price? WTF?

Well anyhow, I'm deciding whether to pick up Rand for $170 shipped. I got Stick at the Comic Con.

Unlikely scenario. The pure awesomeness of the Beagle should be all the impetus you hobos need to "buy, buy, buy". Read Save's posts.

It's a misconception that Toynami marked up the toy from $79.99. Here's what happened:

1) Toynami developed a kinda crappy Cyclone toy they were going to call an MPC and charge $79.99 for it.

2) Right before Toynami was to begin production on this toy they saw what Beagle was cooking and realized they'd look retarded selling their toy as a "masterpiece" when a Japanese company was putting out such an obviously superior product.

3) Toynami scrapped their idea to make their own crappy toy (for $79.99) and instead offered to buy several thousand units from Beagle of the toy they had designed.

4) Beagle's toy, being absolutely amazing in comparison to the crappy Toynami design, was ALWAYS going to be a $200+ toy. Never, ever, not once, did Beagle imagine their toy would be under $100 and never ever did they say so.

5) Toynami notified retellers that they would be supplying an MPC Cyclone, but not the $79.99 one but an improved $200 one. A better way to think of it is that Toynami notified retailers that the $79.99 MPC Cyclone was CANCELED. Then, they announced that a new vastly superior toy, going by the same name, would be made and cost quite a bit more.

Anyone who handles the Beagle/Toynami Cyclone that eventually was released and thinks "This toy should only cost $80" is straight up insane.

Edited by jenius

You know would be sweet? If a really talented person on these boards (that does not describe me) was able to come up with a Rand to Rook conversion kit using the prototype shots from the Beagle. The hardest part might be the figure but you could probably cheat at that by just creating a new head (maybe only the helmetless one) and new boots.

I was thinking alot about this too. A conversion kit for the Bartley would be difficult - her cowling is quite different as well as her armour. The Bartley and Blowsperior share the same different engine block but different tail pieces, weapons and helmets. Is that all? (Heads too obviously).

You'd have to ask someone with actual product design experience. >EXO< ? .

I created a 3D Blowsperior for fun, but it can't be used for 3D output like rapid prototyping.

Creating a Blowsperior conversion kit might not be that difficult tho... Otherwise hopefully in the future when 3D printers are more readily available there will be conversion kits available for download, but that could be about 5 years away.

I'm thinking on getting one, but I need some convincing.

From my strictly unbiased :rolleyes::lol: opinion, you should definitely buy the Beta.

It is one solid, solid piece (and about $50 less than the ride armors).

Granted, there are some unsightly gaps in the undercarriage and between the missile rack and the legs/boosters. They could have added a weapon and some shoulder-mounted missiles to pop up like the CMs version. And yes, the cockpit just folds down rather noticeably in battloid mode.

But, the Beta has:

* Solid-as-hell ratchet joints all over the place;

* Die-cast metal in the right places (all in the legs, none in the arms);

* None of the floppiness or ridculously small design tolerances that plagued the Alphas;

* Awesome stickers with none of that ugly, murky haze;

* Fairly good posing options (including the ability to do an A stance); and

* A much better, flush looking fighter combo mode.

I love the big blue bastard!! B))

post-3595-1248934094_thumb.jpg post-3595-1248934124_thumb.jpg

@Eugimon: If you're going M:I2, you need to add some flying doves in those pics! :lol:

Edited by Mog

I needs to get me a beta and sadly and MPC alpha. What are the chances I'll get an alpha with tight joints a non crooked head and non exploding hands?

Don't forget intake ratchets that don't just fall apart one day and leg locks that actually support the weight of the alpha in bot mode...

your chances are nil. those are your chances.

I needs to get me a beta and sadly and MPC alpha. What are the chances I'll get an alpha with tight joints a non crooked head and non exploding hands?

They are out there, just don't transform them (ever). I've so many of these things. :angry:

Blue Alpha: Split in half at the chest (bad glue)

Blue Alpha: Hand broke off

Red Alpha: Hand broke off

Red Alpha: Arm broke off at elbow joint

Green Alpha: Arm broke off

Green Alpha: Hand broke off

Shadow Alpha: Arm broke off

Now 8 Alpha's later i have 1 unbroken blue alpha. Witch i am not transforming.

I've send toynami emails about this but never recieved an answer back.

So i sold off the rest as spare parts, and boy did people neem them :lol: .

They are out there, just don't transform them (ever). I've so many of these things. :angry:

Blue Alpha: Split in half at the chest (bad glue)

Blue Alpha: Hand broke off

Red Alpha: Hand broke off

Red Alpha: Arm broke off at elbow joint

Green Alpha: Arm broke off

Green Alpha: Hand broke off

Shadow Alpha: Arm broke off

Now 8 Alpha's later i have 1 unbroken blue alpha. Witch i am not transforming.

I've send toynami emails about this but never recieved an answer back.

So i sold off the rest as spare parts, and boy did people neem them :lol: .

those things have every QC issue that yamato *ever* had but all in one toy... :angry:

Anyways, I'm just going to keep gushing over the beagle... sad I waited this long

_DSC6094.jpg

_DSC6087.jpg

Edited by eugimon

Regarding the Alphas, don't forget:

* The arms that can't hold a gun and stay parallel to the ground.

* The torso that plops down in battroid mode.

* The landing gear that barely makes the Alpha's ground clearance less than 1mm.

* And praying that all the parts get assembled just well enough that your Alpha will NOT have its nose slope upward in fighter mode.

Just to name a few. ;)

......Dang it eugi, where's my DOVES!!? :p

Edited by Mog

I have a Stick's/Scott's alpha I got new for $50 at a Software etc years ago and it's just a huge floppy mess. Nothing broken (as of yet) but I transformed it only a couple of times and decided it was much better in the box :lol: I'd really like to get a Houquet/Rook alpha so I'd have kind of a max and milia thing going on but damn once bitten twice shy and all that.

Has anyone had any success tightening the joints on these things? Clear nail polish? The one I have won't stand and the arms just flop at the sides.