Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

Yes, according to the intel collected from members on this board. Save also mentioned that he did not see any Beagle 1/10 Mospeada put out so that is clearly not a good sign. I mean, it is a toyshow or toyfair after all.

Dang. I'm screwed on getting one for a good price then.

The bad part is that the Toynami version has 3,000 pieces. Mine is in the late 300s.

I've heard that the Stick / Scott run for Beagle and Toynami is a combined total of about 3,000 not a run of 3,000 just for Toynami.

I'm sure that if there was demand for up to 3,000 Beagle could make them for Toynami. I seriously don't think there are 3,000 collectors minus the ones who already purchased theirs willing to fork out money for an additional run, with out QC issues fixed. If any more get made it will be the same as the first release no 2.0's here.

Edited by Save

We know from Toynami's MPC Alphas that they were releasing production in waves. While Toynami capped production at 3000 I'd guess less than 1500 have been made so far. In no way does that mean they won't ever make the remainder though. The line might be dead in that there won't be a Rook or Yellow but it's not dead in some way where they've tossed out the existing materials.

The Shadow/Legioss Fighter & Tread/Beta looks lethal together!!! getting that one for sure!! B))

No Synchro-Cannon on the Shadow Beta? :huh:

I thought they were gonna add that to this release.

Whoa, thanks for reminding me, I updated my Robotech Panel post to include the following bit:

In one of the more awkward moments, Tommy asked the crowd "Hey, how many of you would like an MPC Beta with a Synchro cannon?" There wasn't a single enthusiastic person in the crowd.

The Fighter/Tread together look fantastic & I may break down & get them,even tho they arn`t 1/18th scale.

Gilermo,I`m so tempted to get the Beagle even tho it`s not my prefered scale & yea with the amount of CM one`s I`ve got,I could have gotten three Beagle ones. Just the scale that stopped me. Tho they are tempting.

I`m really hoping we WILL SEE more Mospeada/RT New Gen merchandise in all scales & thos finished 1/18th CM figures in civil attire are sweet. Wooo Hooo the Gallant rifle version is coming too,awesome.

Gilermo,I`m so tempted to get the Beagle even tho it`s not my prefered scale & yea with the amount of CM one`s I`ve got,I could have gotten three Beagle ones. Just the scale that stopped me. Tho they are tempting.

The scale does not bother me at all. I have masterpiece and normal transformers standing side by side. And that is how i look at these MPC Cyclones,

As masterpieces. Objects in their own scale.

scottrand.jpg

Edited by gilermo

Considering they sell from $170 to $190 at various booth, it was a good deal. I believe they have an online store called "Phatcollectible."
I saw those too and thought I was seeing things at first. Definitely a great deal and if I wanted something that large I would of picked some up. Although not as great of a deal I found a booth selling Stick and Rays Toynami re branded Megahouse Ride Armours for $40 and did not hesitate to pick them up. I also saw a Yellow for $50 at another booth which is pretty good because it's the rarest release thus far I believe. Incidentally the same booth that had the yellow wanted $60 for Ray, I don't know WTF was up with that lol.

I guess if everything has gone cold cross company in the Ride Armour department I'll just have to give up on waiting for a Megahouse houquet.

OK - QUESTION FOR THE GROUP:

IF Toynami took over the Fuke CAD schtuff from Beagle and went to the same factory for production --

HOW MANY MORE ROOK MPCs WOULD THEY SELL THAN SAY, THEIR RED BETA FIGHTER??????

IMO - Toynami sells 5X as many Rook MPCs, even at $50 more a pop than the Beta.

(I think they could go up to $250 and not loose any buyers that would have bought at $200. That's $100 more than the Red Beta to cover ramp up costs)

That HAS to be tempting to Toynami - or am I just being delusional??

IF Toynami took over the Fuke CAD schtuff from Beagle and went to the same factory for production --

(I think they could go up to $250 and not loose any buyers that would have bought at $200. That's $100 more than the Red Beta to cover ramp up costs)

I'd buy it at $250, for sure. I need a MPC Rook :lol: .

No Synchro-Cannon on the Shadow Beta? :huh:

I thought they were gonna add that to this release.

maybe they forgot to show it when those pics were taken, Hope thats included too!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

JENIUS? You out there? Back from Comic-Con? Thanks for all the field reports.

Can you weigh in on this?

Would Toynami sell 5X as many Rook MPCs, even at $50 to $100 more a pop than their Beta line?

(in other mospeada news; I pre-ordered the new book on nippon-express)

I hate to burst any bubbles or be a party pooper but I think we're all being delusional :(

We are doomed if (as said earlier in this thread) only 3000 of each release were produced, and it has not sold out yet. Stick and Rei are still available. If there's no more than 6000, let's push those numbers more, say 10.000 potential buyers all over the world then we are screwed.

We're not able to gather 3000 Mospeada fans from only 10 countries (300 each!)?????????????

Macross 7 and Dynamite 7 had a great audience in Japan back in the day, and the 1/60 VF-22 is still available (Yamato claimed only 1000 units have been produced??). It's not a good sign.

JENIUS? You out there? Back from Comic-Con? Thanks for all the field reports.

Can you weigh in on this?

Would Toynami sell 5X as many Rook MPCs, even at $50 to $100 more a pop than their Beta line?

(in other mospeada news; I pre-ordered the new book on nippon-express)

Ignacio pretty much nailed it right on the head. I have no idea how many MPC Cyclones Toynami ordered but I would guess that if they capped their production at 3,000 then they've probably only produced about half that and would wait until demand warrants the second half to be made. Remember the MPC Alpha is capped at 15K and they haven't made that many of those. Does anyone have a high serial number MPC Cyclone? I'd venture Beagle and Toynami probably only made like 1500 each and they didn't manage to sell out... that's bad news. I did hear that the Stick version was a solid seller for Beagle though.

I imagine sells of the MPC Beta line haven't been all that phenomenal either but since the only thing changing between each is the head and the paint it would make almost no sense at all for Toynami not to produce at least a thousand of each variant.. all costs with that line are essentially sunk at this point. I believe the delay with the greeny has to do with Aoshima getting the orders filled for their Japanese release which I believe is due any day now.

maybe they forgot to show it when those pics were taken, Hope thats included too!!

My guess is that there will be a standard Shadow Beta release and they are debating on doing a Shadow Chronicles Maia Beta release with Synchro cannon. I don't know that things look good for Shadow Chronicles merchandise though, there's no longer talk of a Marcus Rush MPC Alpha and the superposeables and I-men haven't been shown since the Comic-con after Shadow Chronicles' release. I'm guessing Tommy is pressuring for a Maia Beta with Synchro and Toynami is reluctant to the idea... the dead silence at Comic-con regarding interest probably didn't help Tommy's case.

EDIT - there is still interest in Mospeada and I would be surprised if all the merchandise for it dries up, even in these tough times. Still, I think if we get anything more it will be expensive with small releases.

Edited by jenius

S I G H

Yes - if they only made 1,500 Stick and Ley and did not sell out, that might be the last straw.

I realize that the only thing left on the Betas to change is the color, but I'm hoping Beagle had 80% of the hard work done on the red cyclone and maybe Toynami could just ---

--- I sound pathetic typing this, even to myself. As you've stated it will probably never happen.

I can't believe I'm still this bummed about it though . . .

S I G H

I can't believe I'm still this bummed about it though . . .

You have all the right to feel that way, believe me, I feel the same way :(

So close and so distant at the same time!!! I wonder who will get those two Fuke prototypes??? They'll be more expensive than the Landsay Tread back in the day!!! The Holy Grail of any Mospeada collection!!!!

Well speaking to various sources, Japan says that Toynami cut their order to a third, so that would mean there's 1000 MPCs out there of each Scott and Rand, but Toynami/HG insists that they were more successful in selling it than Beagle. But seriously... not being to save the line with a worldwide market tells you how much of an influence Robotech.com and Toynami is. They don't really advertise and rely on word of mouth. I'm kinda more opt to believe the other side of the story and think that the Toynami's more successful rate is a spin (once again.) But none of us here will ever know.

Counting on them to buy the designs is a hopeless dream also. We're talking about a company that can't afford to make a small regult toy and opted to make it in vinyl.

Hmmmmm :unsure:

It's definitely more of a "display piece" than a toy... even more than yamato's valkyries. But the engineering and craftsmanship is really great. It's not a knock on it at all, it's an amazing translation of a design that relies heavily on anime magic.

edit:: I just spent 30 mins fiddling with the BG motoslave... so nevermind, the Beagle is fracking masterpiece and it's stable as a rock.

class picture!

_DSC6042.jpg

Edited by eugimon

I maybe in denial because of this speculation regarding the discontinue of the 1/10 Beagle, but I want confirmation or proof damn it!!

Did you not read the part where I talked to the team who worked on the Beagle Ride Armor, and that they are pretty bummed. As far as they are concerned the game is over.

I hate to burst any bubbles or be a party pooper but I think we're all being delusional :(

Give that man a cigar.

Stick was a decent seller from the distributor to the retailers. It was just barley an average seller from retailer to the collector (in Japan plus over seas online orders). HLJ has sold out of their stock, but only after they discounted it to move it prior to the end of the tax year here in Japan. Reason they pay more in taxes for what is on the shelf than actually selling the item. If Stick was hot seller distributors would have made orders for more, but nobody was going to them with out of stock orders.

As of last month I saw about 4 or 5 boxes (4 in a box) of Stick over at Over-Drive, I'm guess they are still there and haven't moved either.

The Fuke I was told was pretty much done as far as the development, CAD and even the final head sculpt the next step would have been to send off to be made into a mold. Molds are expensive as hell and Beagle did the math and the numbers for both Beagle and Toynami did not cover the cost to go further. They also have to take into consideration the scrap rate of each piece, which is very very very high.

Beagle owns what was so far made on the Fuke, so the TAF sample (which is not PVC) is sitting in their office. The guy in charge of the development left the company, the people who are at Beagle I would say are not Mospeada fans and are moving on to other products.

Edited by Save

As of last month I saw about 4 or 5 boxes (4 in a box) of Stick over at Over-Drive, I'm guess they are still there and haven't moved either.

The Fuke I was told was pretty much done as far as the development, CAD and even the final head sculpt the next step would have been to send off to be made into a mold. Molds are expensive as hell and Beagle did the math and the numbers for both Beagle and Toynami did not cover the cost to go further. They also have to take into consideration the scrap rate of each piece, which is very very very high.

Beagle owns what was so far made on the Fuke, so the TAF sample (which is not PVC) is sitting in their office. The guy in charge of the development left the company, the people who are at Beagle I would say are not Mospeada fans and are moving on to other products.

Well. I decided against getting a Cyclone at this point in time. Maybe I will change my mind if OverDrive discounts them drastically. I'm sad :( that I won't be able to get Fuke. She's who I was holding out for ultimately. So cute.

Maybe I will change my mind if OverDrive discounts them drastically. I'm sad :( that I won't be able to get Fuke.

:blink: Your rational is the reason for your own sadness. (Shakes head)