Where to next?

RedWolf

I don't think sword based melee weapon will be introduced in Macross, however we do have a plasma spear in Metal Siren. Variable fighter, IMO, is not a close-combat-mecha, it relies on speed and maneuverability. Sometimes we do have melee combat such as YF-19 vs YF-21 and the VF-25 vs Lobster knife fight is shown just to tell the audience that the lobster is nearly immune to gunpod/missile but not immortal as a knife could take it out.

BTW, SMS Macross Quarter does have a PPB-Sword on the tip of its Macross Cannon when they sliced Battle Galaxy in epi.25 ^_^

I thought the melee combat in M+ was especially well done, and conveyed the message that Isamu and Guld were basically two overgrown kids roughing it up, except with multi-ton war machines, very well.

The central motif of the variable fighter is "a fighter plane that is also a big soldier" and I don't see that much changing any time soon. With that in mind, and the particular modern rather than historical military spin, I see battroids with gunpod-rifles, knives, and the occasional bayonet(rifle+knife) being the norm for the foreseeable future of the franchise rather than any departure into ancient weapon flavors.

Unless it's a deliberately goofy series, then all bets are off.

this time the pirates can be the good guy's though fighting against the tyranny of the New UNG and they'd fly around in valks that are have big skulls on them and fight with cutlasses and gunpods that look like muskets and they'd have capes and...

Crossbone Gundam is one of the best mecha comics ever put to paper.

Where to next?

Inner Space.

Due to an unfortunate incident with a super-charged micronization chamber, Alto and Ranka in a VF25 are shrunk to microscopic size and placed inside Sheryl Nome's body.

Triangle is finally resolved. and the resolution WILL SHOCK YOU!

And they even find Megaroad 1 before they return to normal size.

Damn, i sure hope i'm not serious. :ph34r::p

Where to next?

Inner Space.

Due to an unfortunate incident with a super-charged micronization chamber, Alto and Ranka in a VF25 are shrunk to microscopic size and placed inside Sheryl Nome's body.

Triangle is finally resolved. and the resolution WILL SHOCK YOU!

And they even find Megaroad 1 before they return to normal size.

Damn, i sure hope i'm not serious. :ph34r::p

I'm just glad that you are not part of Macross production staff........

Ok, here's an idea.

Macross OVA named Macross Journey

It follows the testing of the original Ex-Gear testing aboard the 28th Ultra-Long Distance Colonization Fleet, Macross Journey. Also, there is testing on new planet to the universe, "Exodus". It ends with the battle at the 117th research fleet.

That all hinged on the question "Why the hell did Ozma have a 171 before it was rolled out, and why was he in an Ex-Gear?" :)

That all hinged on the question "Why the hell did Ozma have a 171 before it was rolled out, and why was he in an Ex-Gear?" :)

Did we ever know why Ozma quit the military?

Speculation: Betcha he was a part of a NUNS special force (which got equipment supplied by SMS), that's why he got a special VF-171 with an Ex-gear cockpit.

Gril love triangle. :p

Grill?

Edward Lasalle: Hmm...American Burger...

Seriously though I would like to a Macross that shows how the Zentradi adapted to the idea of religion.

They already have. Just look at Richard Bilrer and Chlore. Its called Deculture.

Grill?

Edward Lasalle: Hmm...American Burger...

They already have. Just look at Richard Bilrer and Chlore. Its called Deculture.

that only shows how zentradi adapted to pop idols. what would a zentran clone trooper think about the idea of supreme beings, spirits, after life, heaven, hell, morality, sin, supernatural?

colony fleet discovers a system with a potentially habitable planet.

sends a scout ship to recon.

ship reports back that the planet has signs of intelligent, but technologically primitive life.

as the scout ship nears orbit, it gets blasted by a strangely familiar beam emanating from an island on the water planet...

Did we ever know why Ozma quit the military?

Speculation: Betcha he was a part of a NUNS special force (which got equipment supplied by SMS), that's why he got a special VF-171 with an Ex-gear cockpit.

Mine explains it as, after saving Ranka, but failing to save the rest of her family, he adopts her as his sister, quits the Spacy, emigrates to Frontier, eventually joins SMS there.

He was just a pilot in a fictional squadron, flying a teal VF-17D. No SpecFor or anything.

that only shows how zentradi adapted to pop idols. what would a zentran clone trooper think about the idea of supreme beings, spirits, after life, heaven, hell, morality, sin, supernatural?

That's a can of worms on which the lid is best kept tightly sealed. ^_^

colony fleet discovers a system with a potentially habitable planet.

sends a scout ship to recon.

ship reports back that the planet has signs of intelligent, but technologically primitive life.

as the scout ship nears orbit, it gets blasted by a strangely familiar beam emanating from an island on the water planet...

Interesting...

and do they eventually discover that the source of the strangely familiar beam was a crashlanded and re-designed Megaroad 1? :ph34r:

He was just a pilot in a fictional squadron, flying a teal VF-17D. No SpecFor or anything.

Lest the speculation begin. What is the name of Ozma VF-171 Squadron during SDF-4 Global disaster? :lol:

My pick: Bomba Squadron....

Lest the speculation begin. What is the name of Ozma VF-171 Squadron during SDF-4 Global disaster? :lol:

My pick: Bomba Squadron....

It's said in the series - "Pink Pecker" (if memory serves correctly, and the translator was accurate).

Gah! I recently acquired the Macross 7 remastered set and watched the M7 Plus episodes, concurrently to rewatching MF episodes... :wacko:

As long as you don't think it was Ai-kun that came from the dinosaur planet... ^_^

And, if Ray was from the Pink Pecker Squadron, maybe Ozma was from the Blue Balls Squadron.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I'll be at the Laugh Factory's open mike night every Tuesday!

you know i don't think its really been covered in macross how religion recovered after space war 1. Macross needs more Miko

I'd imagine that religion never recovered after Space War I; after all humanity's origins were uncovered, thus eliminating the need for creation myths.

I'd imagine that religion never recovered after Space War I; after all humanity's origins were uncovered, thus eliminating the need for creation myths.

Actually there still is or the funeral service wouldn't have priests. Like in Top Gamrin or Top Gamlin of Macross 7 PLUS.

Not to mention that Buddhist monk in Macross Plus.

Remember the whole point of emigration is to keep culture alive.

Religion is part of culture.

(...)

And culture is inseperable from language.

Anyhow, I think "mankind sowing [seeding] plan" is the term used to describe it, in Macross (as it's far more broad than just emigration).

Actually there still is or the funeral service wouldn't have priests. Like in Top Gamrin or Top Gamlin of Macross 7 PLUS.

Not to mention that Buddhist monk in Macross Plus.

I would argue that religious symbolism,tradition, and language become part of culture, but that the faith/belief systems are not essential in modern pluralistic cultures. However I'm not saying that symbolism or tradition with religious roots is likely to disappear; just the underlying religions themselves.

Just look at Chrismas for an example of a tradition that has been effectively secularized and repackaged for non-Christians, just as it was originally a Pagan festival that was repackaged for Christians. After all most of what we associate with Christmas, the decorated trees, the exchange of wrapped gifts, and even the Dec 25th date is all derived from Yule, a pre-Christian feast. The Christians later appropriated the holiday, retconning the birth of their prophet to coincide with it, and from them it has spread all over the world. Today Christmas is celebrated all over the non-Christian world as a secular holiday; and so carries on a tradition that has been associated with several religions; and for many in contemporary times, none at all.

Edited by Sketch

What about adding a faction of humanity who became a cult which are worshiping the Protoculture and trying to bring back the protoculture order, eg: making Zentraedi slave to humanity.

• 1 year later...

<!--quoteo(post=715996:date=Feb 15 2009, 06:08 PM:name=SchizophrenicMC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SchizophrenicMC @ Feb 15 2009, 06:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=715996"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Because not every VF is titled Valkyrie.

Only the VF-1 Valkyrie is a Valkyrie.

The VF-4 is not the VF-4 Valkyrie and the VF-17 isn't the VF-17 Valkyrie...

That's why.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Eugimon's exactly right. "Valkyrie" is a blanket term referring to any VF, and it's used as such in almost every Macross series.

[/q

(VF) stands for Valkrie Fighter

What about adding a faction of humanity who became a cult which are worshiping the Protoculture and trying to bring back the protoculture order, eg: making Zentraedi slave to humanity.

Now that would be a cool idea. Could be based on a newer colony planet where law and order were still being established so the group could get a better foothold and not get snuffed out before getting some momentum to it's cause.

One of the members of the triangle could be an ex-NUNG pilot that joined the local Law Enforcment group then tried to infiltrate the cult to try and take it down but started drinking the cool-aid.

The 2nd could be his commanding officer that was aware of his infiltration attempt but not his conversion as he begins to feel false info back to the "Cops".

The 3rd could be a female politician that both are wooing and trying to get on their side of the movement, the 1st guy wants her to pass a law making zent slavery legal and the 2nd wants government backing to go all Waco, TX on the cult's headquarters.