Macross Books

Penguin

Got my HMR Mook today...very nice Macross coverage inside! All the new stuff, and they also do the original Strike/VE/VT/1990 series VF-1s too!
Great pictures and details about all the above
And there is a giant 2 page dedication on the Genocide Valkyrie, loaded with all sorts of pictures and details

Get this book!! :)

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

No....the pics used are basically the promo pics used in each of their individual releases, including some of the diorama-type promo pics....

What magazine issue  is that pic from?

I'm not sure but I'd like to get that magazine issue to get a clearer pic.  The pic was originally posted in the HMR thread.

29 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I'm not sure but I'd like to get that magazine issue to get a clearer pic.  The pic was originally posted in the HMR thread.

Must be one of the toy mags....the pic on the left seems to show the HMR Defender.....so maybe a 2017 Figure King issue?

On 7/13/2022 at 3:33 PM, jvmacross said:

Must be one of the toy mags....the pic on the left seems to show the HMR Defender.....so maybe a 2017 Figure King issue?

Let me know if you find out what magazine issue it's from.

D8C3412C-E748-438F-8890-7B6DB86352A9.jpeg.da0e43575203199e26a57d3e79e3bc2b.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/Hidetaka-Tenjins-Artistry-Macross-Frontier/dp/1772942499

15 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Let me know if you find out what magazine issue it's from.

D8C3412C-E748-438F-8890-7B6DB86352A9.jpeg.da0e43575203199e26a57d3e79e3bc2b.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/Hidetaka-Tenjins-Artistry-Macross-Frontier/dp/1772942499

Cheaper here and there is a 10% discount available if you sign up for their newsletter....

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Hidetaka-Tenjins-Artistry-of-Macross-From-Flash-Back-2012-to-Macross-Frontier-Artbook-Hardcover

Still on the fence on this one....may wait to find out if Tenjin did anything new for this specific release

On 7/15/2022 at 9:10 PM, jvmacross said:

Cheaper here and there is a 10% discount available if you sign up for their newsletter....

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Hidetaka-Tenjins-Artistry-of-Macross-From-Flash-Back-2012-to-Macross-Frontier-Artbook-Hardcover

Still on the fence on this one....may wait to find out if Tenjin did anything new for this specific release

Cool.  Ordered from both stores.  I'll keep the one that arrives in better condition and return the other back to Amazon.  I hope they don't get shipped in bubble envelopes.

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Cool.  Ordered from both stores.  I'll keep the one that arrives in better condition and return the other back to Amazon.  I hope they don't get shipped in bubble envelopes.

Amazon's US shipping for hardcover books has been hit or miss for me...

Its hard to not be bitter about them choosing to cut the proverbial baby in half..., but there could be new art in here to appreciate...I don't remember if the vf-4 was in his sortie #3 Suspect the vf-0s HMR will be in the new book too.
I'll be getting it to show Tenjin some support even though it misses out my personal favorites...that being the original TV/Movie art.
The entire splitting of the license is so damn silly, I hope in time they can figure out a joint license release option.. Baby steps I suppose.

image.png.0d2fb55bdf5eac2c84dc5cd5825db17d.png

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

Its hard to not be bitter about them choosing to cut the proverbial baby in half..., but there could be new art in here to appreciate...I don't remember if the vf-4 was in his sortie #3 Suspect the vf-0s HMR will be in the new book too.
I'll be getting it to show Tenjin some support even though it misses out my personal favorites...that being the original TV/Movie art.
The entire splitting of the license is so damn silly, I hope in time they can figure out a joint license release option.. Baby steps I suppose.

image.png.0d2fb55bdf5eac2c84dc5cd5825db17d.png

The HMR VF-4 illustration did not make it onto the Third Sortie....

Definitely getting the book to support more books in the future...maybe it may even lead to WWM releases...maybe Tenjin's Fourth Sortie?

If anything, it will be nice to have several of the Macross Chronicle illustrations collected into one book

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 8:45 PM, jvmacross said:

No....the pics used are basically the promo pics used in each of their individual releases, including some of the diorama-type promo pics....

What magazine issue  is that pic from?