Macross Books

Penguin

53 minutes ago, rdenham said:

I am getting a new bookcase so in order to make everything fit I needs a few more books Haha

OUT Magazine Feb. 1984 - Macross & Orguss

OUT Magazine Feb. 1984 - Macross & Orguss.jpg

Genesis Climber Mospeada Coloring Book

Genesis Climber Mospeada Coloring Book.jpg

Nice stuff.....but

There is a Macross magazine thread here.....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/29270-macross-magazines/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-1525170

...and a Mospeada thread here....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/48306-mospeada/page/291/?tab=comments#comment-1575488

On 12/31/2020 at 1:56 PM, sketchley said:

Agreed!  I like how they not only came up with a new alternate head turret, but also revised the transformation (the parts that become the chest/upper legs).  The way the gun pod is "held" in fighter—not to mention loading a missile on top of it—is intriguing.

I'm wondering how available (or rare) this doujinshi is.

It is current and in stock in most Dojin stores, also, Vol 11 is out now

R-Area11.jpg

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

Easily avaiable via Mandarake.....

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1158662998&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Very cool doujin with some cool customs...it is interesting seeing Evolution Toys' VF-2SS used prominently in this issue....a couple of cool ET VF-2SS customs can be found in this issue....

large.thumbnail_20210413_210551.jpg.5ecd

large.thumbnail_20210413_210601.jpg.261b

large.thumbnail_20210413_210715.jpg.3155

large.thumbnail_20210413_210719.jpg.d5a2

large.thumbnail_20210413_210732.jpg.ca7d

large.thumbnail_20210413_210750.jpg.0b2b

large.thumbnail_20210413_210813.jpg.e571

large.thumbnail_20210413_210833.jpg.caf8

large.thumbnail_20210413_210952.jpg.cf61

large.thumbnail_20210413_211105.jpg.817a

These doujins are really nice.....looking forward to more Macross issues! :good:

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Good to know they are still busy......unfortunately, not interested in anything other than Macross...hope they can move onto the Destroids and Enemy Mecha, but may not be their thing

Circle FANKY?  Ships are kind of their thing, so I'd expect they're probably more or less done with Macross.

The last time I talked to Mr. Fuso of FANKY企画 was quite some time ago before the COVID stuff. But I specifically asked him if he would be willing to write another Macross Ships dojin featuring other races ships like Meltran or Protoculture. He said he didn't consider the Meltran ships to be real, and had already started work on LOGH book.

Meltran ships  are not real?  Or does he mean they are equivalent to the Zentran ships?  That may be true for the SDFM versions (other than color variations)...but they seem completely different as depicted in DYRL......but DYRL is a "dramatization" of the events of SDFM so maybe they really are not different "in-universe"???

Sounds like a question Seto could entertain....:unknw:

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Meltran ships  are not real?  Or does he mean they are equivalent to the Zentran ships?  That may be true for the SDFM versions (other than color variations)...but they seem completely different as depicted in DYRL......but DYRL is a "dramatization" of the events of SDFM so maybe they really are not different "in-universe"???

Well, the "Meltrandi Assault Landing Ship" appears in VF-X2 as the "Embaterion Transport".  It's not expressly described as a Meltrandi Ship.  Just a fleet of transports being attacked by the enemy.

A couple of "Medium Gunships" (Miria's Ship) also show up at various stages in the game, but just like the Embaterion, they're not clearly identified as Meltrandi (one is over an enemy base—said enemy uses Destroids and the VB-6), and another is part of an allied Valkyrie-using fleet (one led by one of the Jiinasu daughters, no less!)

So, there's that to muddy the waters.  A couple of equally valid explanations are that they're: 1) Meltrandi (as depicted in DYRL) exist, 2) Zentradi ships with different designs than the classic ones, 3) human-made ships, or 4) Inspection Forces' ships.

Pick your poison, but I'm semi-partial to 4 (the Inspection Forces are apparently a mix of human-sized Protoculture and giant-sized Zentradi [thus hardly any conversion for different sized crew], we don't see very many of them, and it explains why they're depicted as the "enemy" in DYRL.)

Edited by sketchley

Yeah...there are some definite differences between the Meltran ships as seen on DYRL vs SDFM......the TV versions just seem like purple versions of the Zentran ships....

large.gallery_12176_600_185846.jpg.cdc71

However, the DYRL Meltran ships have a more angular look to them than their organic looking Zentran counterparts.....

1000?cb=20180913173337

1000?cb=20180912144417

800?cb=20180916193425

Still....since there really is no definitive information as to what is the "true" version of what things look like in Macross "in-universe" Mr. Fuso's assessment on them may be true....."from a certain point of view".....:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I decided to drop the question after that, and talk about legend of the galactic heroes instead. After I get to know him better I might revisit the subject.

• 4 weeks later...

These guys are moving fast!  Another issue coming out end of May....

resize_image.php?image=212001303304.jpg

Looks like a mashup issue!  SDF-1 with Yamato and Arcadia "arms", Cosmo Tiger VF-25 and the infamous Orguss Valk (they are calling it the VF-1 "Orguss Pack"...looks like another must-buy....:good:

resize_image.php?image=212001303304c.jpg

resize_image.php?image=212001303304a.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for sharing that, JVM! :good: 

Nikick... Megahouse need to make a Variable Action Hi-Spec figure of that to complete the Orguss set. Seriously. :aggressive:

:drinks:

I actually bought one of those Megahouse Orguss toys out of pure nostalgia..........never even watched a single episode, but always say I will someday....the toy is still MISB...;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...