Macross Books

Penguin

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Not sure what you are referring to but the VF-1C Shawn and I were commenting on was the "alternate" VF-1D found in these pics....

As far as I know it was only referenced as a VF-1C in this booklet.....

Ah, OK... I had not seen that one referred to as "VF-1C" before.

IIRC, Kawamori revisited that style in one of the draft versions of the VF-0B/D head.

Do you have a pic of the VF-1C you are referring to from Macross Frontier?

Not an exterior one.  I think there might be an interior picture of the cockpit in Macross Ace?  It's described as being a vanilla VF-1A that's been detuned for civilian use.

Also some rough VF-1SOL lineart was already included in the Kawamori EXPO book from a short while ago....but yeah hoping for more...

Still haven't been able to get my hands on that EXPO book... if you know anyone who's selling one, let me know.

17 hours ago, sh9000 said:

My 2 copies shipped from Amazon JP as well and they should be here on the 9th.

I put an order in to CD Japan, and its been 'shipping processing' for days. Shoulda waited for Amazon but MOFO got me.

Oh well. CDJ is not bad at all, just wish they'd get it out the door.

Wow! Ordered on the 6th, got the book today.
Very large box, very heavy book. Lots and lots of pictures, many I've never seen before.

Order this book now and get it by the weekend for some nice reading! YES it has English translations (And Zentradi too LOL)
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/4797397187

For you game fans, there are entire sections devoted. Some nice nuggets for toy fans too-like a design for an integrated heat shield.

Gonna go away now and read more, but order this if you haven't, I think you will be very happy!!
S

20201208_134901.jpg

20201208_134916.jpg

20201208_135011.jpg

20201208_135141.jpg

20201208_135442.jpg

20201208_135630.jpg

20201208_140800.jpg

Also received mine from AmazonJP (located in Canada, ordered last weekend). Though I received the box somewhat beat up and one of the sides almost open. The books are shrink wrapped inside so fortunately no damage on the books, considering that it's winter here and there's a possibility that it might get wet if exposed.  Also have another one coming from Amiami (originally PO'ed there)

20201208_151844.jpg

Edited by pafy6285

I accidently picked up mine by the obi slip and it promptly unrolled and crashed down on the floor, so be careful of the extra heft in the book
Almost lost a toe.

What exactly is in the other book you got from Amazon? I've not bought that one yet.

12 minutes ago, Shawn said:

OMG-Genocide Valkyrie toy mockup!
Wow....gotta get this pic to the 1/55 customizers here to let them know this NEEDS to be done  :)

(Sorry crappy phone pics, but it gives you motivation to go buy the book!)

20201208_142742.jpg

20201208_142758.jpg

20201208_143416.jpg

20201208_143502.jpg

It's about time we get more stuff translated into Zentradi!!! :drinks:

4plf9p.jpg

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

What exactly is in the other book you got from Amazon? I've not bought that one yet.

It's about the history of Macross Music (1982 - 2018) with interviews from creators, producers, artists, etc. It has some art/illustrations but majority of the contents are text (in Japanese): https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/4758016070/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

13 hours ago, spanner said:

Thanks JV but I can't seem to get that website registration to work.. is there any other site offering this?

Hey Spanner. If you're still having hard time registering, might want to reach out to our trusted Proxy sites and see if they can get it for you. ;)