Macross Books

Penguin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Your collection is insane jvmacross. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Thanks Marzan!.....the 80's SDFM merchandising machine was prolific, only the MacF one can rival it........just when I think I am "done"....somethings pops up that I have never seen....keeps collecting Macross interesting!

^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Some guy posted it in our local forum claiming that it's concept art and won't divulge where he got it. Nutjob keeps on claiming that this and that are his property when they're clearly just stuff that he got from the Internet. Good thing he isn't a member here as he's a headache to deal with.

Google image search comes up zero as well.

Would still want to find the source. Would also be quite surprised if it's really concept art as I haven't seen an art book with images drawn and colored this way. So I asked here in case somebody has seen this before.

Edited by kyan

Looks Zentraedi by way of ORGUSS...

Not an Orguss fan so had to look up some of the line art...but yeah...I see the references....especially the side cannons/guns....

The art resembles no current style used by any of the major Macross mecha illustrators (Kawamori, Miyatake, and Tenjin).....sooner it looks like something you'd find done by a fan on Deviantart....kind of like this...

marcoss___mecha_by_randis.jpg

The only other "Japanese" quasi-official source could be a doujin featuring Macross artists' take on futuristic/alternate takes on Macross designs...

I believe there was a pic of an "updated" destroid in on of the Macross F doujins.....here:

005.JPG

So what forum is it? Who knows maybe it is concept art for the Robotech live-action movie :rolleyes:

The katakana descriptions kinda threw me off that maybe it was a book from Japan or something.

Thanks for the info. I'll post here if we ever get the source. But yeah, I suspect it's just from some deviant art page or some Japanese guy's fan art.

yeah...the Japanese text could have been easily 'lifted" from the existing line art for the Regult...or from any other mecha really....it's just generic names for the weapons and features...nothing that distinguishes anything as "Macross" specific.....

"Main Cannon"...."Rear laser machine gun"...."missle pods"...."Sensor"...etc

it's a nice illustration....just don't think it is an official Big West illustration.... ^_^

Yeah. Just go to the site sankakucomplex.com and image search "macross" on their little album on the left.

Sometimes, the Japanese are just plain weird... and sick...

The places I end up at just for Macross hahaha.

Yeah. Just go to the site sankakucomplex.com and image search "macross" on their little album on the left.

Sometimes, the Japanese are just plain weird... and sick...

The places I end up at just for Macross hahaha.

Searching "Macross" comes up with 8000+ pics....how about just posting the direct link to the pic? :rolleyes: Using advanced search isn't helpful either...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, the Hagane Bito book is mainly Gundam and Votoms....the three pics I posted from Macross are the extent of Macross coverage...

The Shogakukan set is from the SDFM era....so 1983...off the top of my head I would say about 15 "pages" each...

There is also a softcover set....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29133&p=1054637

....and a book with a "flexi-record".....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29133&p=1122653

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Need help finding which Macross frontier book came from ?

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossf/vf-25f/vf-25-lineart1.gif

If memory serves, that artwork was originally released as part of a monthly column or article in a modelling magazine, and collected in "Macross Frontier Archives".

I've translated parts of that book, but I'm pasting the linky for you (and others) for the publisher/date info at the top: http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/OTMiscBooks/MacrossFarchives.php

The lineart in your link comes from Pgs. 069 and 070.

If memory serves, that artwork was originally released as part of a monthly column or article in a modelling magazine, and collected in "Macross Frontier Archives".

I've translated parts of that book, but I'm pasting the linky for you (and others) for the publisher/date info at the top: http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/OTMiscBooks/MacrossFarchives.php

The lineart in your link comes from Pgs. 069 and 070.

Thank you for the information.

Every Macross frontier artbook I bought, always showing 3d render of the valks. Latest frontier book is the red and blue book. No VF-25 or VF-171 lineart though :(

Sadly, there's next to no lineart for the Valkyries in Frontier. Either they're deliberately preventing it from being released, the publication market doesn't support its release (people just don't buy that stuff anymore, unlike the '80's), or it just doesn't exist, and the closest thing to it is the wireframe models for the CG. T.T

Edited by sketchley