• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey jvmacross,

1) Did you buy the chronicles as a set?

2) Does it come with the binder?

The third question will really help me:

3) May I know the ISBN numbers of these books/magazines

Thanks a lot!

edit: just to be sure I'm talking about the new Macross Chronicles by DeAgostini.

Edited by Bub

Hey jvmacross,

1) Did you buy the chronicles as a set?

2) Does it come with the binder?

The third question will really help me:

3) May I know the ISBN numbers of these books/magazines

Thanks a lot!

edit: just to be sure I'm talking about the new Macross Chronicles by DeAgostini.

Not to answer on jvmacross behalf, but those issues are from the Hiroshima-only limited test print run. They were sold only from bookestores in that area and only for 10 issues. As such, I recommend you wait for the official weekly release of this new edition (therefore available via online retailers as well) from Jan. 15.

http://deagostini.jp/mcr/

Not to answer on jvmacross behalf, but those issues are from the Hiroshima-only limited test print run. They were sold only from bookestores in that area and only for 10 issues. As such, I recommend you wait for the official weekly release of this new edition (therefore available via online retailers as well) from Jan. 15.

Site looks beautiful, how do I order from there ? :p

Yeah...what he said.... ^_^

Toshiro...anyway you can snap a pic of the Hiroshima issue 10? i believe you have a full set...Only one I am missing ;) ....hopefully the re-releases for the 1st 10 will be the same....

Can anyone recommend a good site to order the new Macross Chronicle from? I don't see it listed at HLJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks jvmacross but I want to try and subscribe it through this bookstore I frequent.

Due to language barrier with the bookstore owner, letting him know the ISBN number may prove very helpful. (HLJ and amazon don't post theISBN on the website)

Thanks jvmacross but I want to try and subscribe it through this bookstore I frequent.

Due to language barrier with the bookstore owner, letting him know the ISBN number may prove very helpful. (HLJ and amazon don't post theISBN on the website)

isbnmc1%20%28Medium%29.JPG

It is from the original Hiroshima release issue 1....so I am not sure if the recent re-release of the same issue would have a different ISBN

Edited by jvmacross

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. Saw that on auction too. No way I could pay the going price. A Macross 7 bluray set would've been cheaper lol.

Still available if you change your mind! :rolleyes:

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k153033832

The seller has had it listed for over a year. And I think he had it listed before........Started at 29000 JPY.....guess he thinks marking it up an additional 60000 JPY will make it sell quicker?

I have been searching for this particular book for years along with the Macross 7 Materials Book part A (which I was able to find last year).....

No idea why these are two books are so difficult to locate....but my long quest to find them both is finally over.......... ^_^

Still available if you change your mind! :rolleyes:

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k153033832

The seller has had it listed for over a year. And I think he had it listed before........Started at 29000 JPY.....guess he thinks marking it up an additional 60000 JPY will make it sell quicker?

I have been searching for this particular book for years along with the Macross 7 Materials Book part A (which I was able to find last year).....

No idea why these are two books are so difficult to locate....but my long quest to find them both is finally over.......... ^_^

That's just a ridiculous price for that. Even at the 29000 JPY, that's more than the Gold book.

That's just a ridiculous price for that. Even at the 29000 JPY, that's more than the Gold book.

Agreed....he is basing his price on its scarcity/rarity.....and indeed it is, but for over a year I couldn't get myself to pay that much for it and I am a completist....glad I didn't....

For old school Macross Book collectors....it is the one book that will most likely not be in their collection....I was very lucky to find one at a price I could rationalize....

Are you still looking for the Macross 7 Sketchbook Part A?

Agreed....he is basing his price on its scarcity/rarity.....and indeed it is, but for over a year I couldn't get myself to pay that much for it and I am a completist....glad I didn't....

For old school Macross Book collectors....it is the one book that will most likely not be in their collection....I was very lucky to find one at a price I could rationalize....

Are you still looking for the Macross 7 Sketchbook Part A?

Yeah, still looking for it. I haven't been looking as hard as I once was, simply due to the fact that I've been looking so long, I've just been a little burned out with looking. As of now, I'm also playing catchup to the new Mac Chronicles magazines. Kinokuniya is just now getting them in, but I'm a few short. If you do find a sketchbook A, let me know.

Yeah, still looking for it. I haven't been looking as hard as I once was, simply due to the fact that I've been looking so long, I've just been a little burned out with looking. As of now, I'm also playing catchup to the new Mac Chronicles magazines. Kinokuniya is just now getting them in, but I'm a few short. If you do find a sketchbook A, let me know.

Do you have a price range?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought some of you guys might be able to help, any idea what the Macross Frontier Key Animation is about?

Is it just a collection of copy draft pencil cel collection from all the different Macross Frontier anime? Is it worth getting?

Thought some of you guys might be able to help, any idea what the Macross Frontier Key Animation is about?

Is it just a collection of copy draft pencil cel collection from all the different Macross Frontier anime? Is it worth getting?

Yes....that is what it is....

Not worth getting for the casual Macross Book collector....I would recommend trying to get a copy of the 30th Anniversary Exhibit companion book instead....I have posted some pics from that book in this thread....similar stuff is in the book you are inquiring about....but you also get samples from all of the various Macross series....