VF-1 Enters GN-U Dou Line

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Those elbows and that heat shield are not line-art accurate to my eyes.

And when I say something different I mean like Zentraedi soldiers in a 2 pack, one green, the other brown or something.

Someone also said here they could fit into the 1/60 pods Yamato hopefully is working on - who wouldn't want that!?!

post-8486-1236360726_thumb.jpg

You're absolutely right, the elbows and and heatshield are not lineart accurate. What my original post was about was lineart proportions.

>>Those elbows and that heat shield are not line-art accurate to my eyes.

Yeah but the lineart elbows are just a combination of 2-3 marshmallow blocks stuck end to end. It really doesn't have a clear mecha elbow joint like the knees, so this is a fair interpretation of it imo.

Also where are the GN-Us heavily discounted? :)

OK - let me revise my "Zentraedi soldiers in a 2 pack" comment.

After reviewing my Perfect Memory book size chart, a Z soldier height will only come up to the top of a VF chest.

This is likely too small and obscure for a company to take a chance on as a separate release. I would buy them but I might be in the minority. So we're not liable to get Zentraedi soldiers unless they come with a really large Regult release. Hopefully they'll have the guts to do 1/60 Regults eventually.

So back to the GN-U line and what it would take for them to get my money; A Glaug, Q-rau, Hovertank, ride armors or even Legioss! - we have enough VFs!!

(doubt they have the mospeada license though)

If there going to do these why not do Zentradi figs and less known valks and enemy mecha? People here would be gobbling them up if they just hadn't spent small fortunes on VF-1 1/60s and/or 1/48s.

Edited by logos

So I guess fast packs/armor will be sold separately for 2,000yen or more. That'll bring the total cost to over 6,000yen...

Yikes.

I'd like to get one nonetheless. Maybe it'll go on sale at HLJ...

Edited by Vifam7

• 4 weeks later...

Figures are getting smaller and more expensive...

If you think these are over priced, go and check out Alter's FMP Mech, 120 to 140 Dollars, no diecast, ABS, a collection of interchangeable hands and swords, and just 14cm tall!!! :blink:

• 4 weeks later...
Nah - not buying. Don't like the front green face visor, something is wrong there.

Hate the heat-shield, still.

And what are those giant fault lines running down the front of both legs?!?

That does look nice. Is the GNU planning on adding MacII series? or Mac7? I wasn't sure if it was covered before, but thought i'd ask anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Nah - not buying. Don't like the front green face visor, something is wrong there.

Hate the heat-shield, still.

And what are those giant fault lines running down the front of both legs?!?

Those are actually painted lines.

Vostok 7

I cant say I dislike the GN-U series, but I'd rather save up for more of the V.2 1/60's.

The VF-1S looks terrible, yet the VF-1A CF looks pretty good.

Heh, the 1S head looks like someone dropped an anvil on it. It's so squat and wide.

Edit:

Actually, maybe not. it's the head lasers being so freaking thick and huge that makes the head look that way.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

And if they had more mechanical hands, then no doubt somebody else would be complaining that hey are not 'anime accurate' to the TV series.

Graham

I'm in the "mechanical hands" band :lol:

Are we going to get both types of hands? The previous pictures show the VF-1A CF with DYRL? hands.

It's so hard to please all the fans ^_^