Yamato 1/60 v.2 Cannon Fodder

ff95gj

I really like. But still gonna wait for the Focker Low-vis and the MwM Valks first.

Though I do have question. Is the white that stormtrooper white, or the 1S greyish white?

Well, it's not my fault that at times there are glitches in all the little things that link the internet on a global scale.

Though for a Moderator instead of politely asking why this happened and deleting the additional posts, you certainly lined yourself up for the cock of the year award. :)

It looks too me like that pilot has a green helmet and not another Hayao yellow shade.

You, sir, are completely correct!

10086194a10.th.jpg

Even bigger here...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10086194a13/20/13

Also, if you look closely, it seems that a few of the tiny yellow rescue markings are now tampo-ed also.

Edited by blackwater_park

You, sir, are completely correct!

10086194a10.th.jpg

Even bigger here...

10086194a10.jpg

Also, if you look closely, it seems that a few of the tiny yellow rescue markings are now tampo-ed also.

It sure does, more and more are tampo printed now. I hope they are all tampo printed... B))

10086194a11.jpg

10086194a12.jpg

10086194a13.jpg

It seems that the legs are the same shade of brown as kakizaki TV, wich IMO looks totally off with the rest of the valk. But I'm tempted to buy anyways :p

I just got my shipping notice, should be in my hands the next couple days....... :lol:

It seems that the legs are the same shade of brown as kakizaki TV, wich IMO looks totally off with the rest of the valk. But I'm tempted to buy anyways :p

Yeah, I was wavering on this one but the pilot and increased tampo swung it. Probably going to have this one displayed with fast packs so the mismatched colouring of the legs won't be much of an issue.

Probably not that noticeable in the flesh - the harsh light in those pics won't have done it any favours.

Yes, the 1J CF brown color is intentionally lighter to be different from the VF-1A CF, so said Yamato.

I thought the VF-1J head is quite differentiate from each other and I really don't know why they have to do so.

I don't like the the color appear on this CF 1J and Kakizaki 1A as well, but I did get them both no matter what. They should have gone for something more grayish tan instead of dessert tan color if they do wanna differentiate them, but it's just me.

tan_color_background.jpg

It's primarily a lighting effect, the same thing you'll see when people use bright lights to photograph Bandai's DX line. It's probably not noticeable under natural light conditions but it might be something to consider if you're going to have the toy in an extremely well lit display case. Generally it's caused by two different compositions of plastic being used so the toy manufacturer then has to choose if they want the toy to look right in a natural setting or under extreme light.

• 2 weeks later...

e.g.

VF-1A TV Max - WITHOUT red triangle marking tampoed near cockpit area

VF-1A TV Kakizaki - WITH red triangle marking tampoed...

consistent? NO.

also, i'm waiting to see if they tampoed the UN Spacy kite on the new YF-19 repaints.

Edited by m0n5t3r

The Triangle has been on all the valks except the TV Max. I think they plain screwed up that batch.

all DYRL valks so far have them... Hik's VF-1J w/ SPs don't... VF-1D, yes... Max TV 1A, no... Kaki TV 1A, yes...

not really a big deal, a minor nitpick at best, but still the usual Yamato-lottery... and i'm one of those guys to who doesn't like to sticker their valks. :ph34r:

I agree, I even leave the SP blank.

Don't like the stickers either, I have my Roy v2.0 on display in battroid mode and only put the skull sticker on the cannon side of the SP as it looked weird without it as that was something the v1.0 did actually have tampoed. You can't see the other side of new Roy so left it blank for now.

Took delivery of TV Super parts for the 1J today and I'm going to bite the bullet and put the kites on - only because I have another unused pair and I will be able to use the SP for the CFs if the fancy takes me. Completely anal about the stickers being precisely aligned so it's comforting to have a bit of back up in case of shaky hands. As has been mentioned previously, the VF-19 repaints are still pending a "buy" decision that will be based on increased tampo.

Looking forward to receiving the CF. It should be inbound to Coventry, England, customs right now ( going for four in a row!). HLJ shipped late because of their annual stocktake - it was a frustrating few days of "Items being processed for shipping" before they left the warehouse. The aforementioned super parts arrived from an eBay seller in Hong Kong, very nicely packed in less than week so at least arrivals are staggered.

Think I'll display the CF with cockpit open - really like that pilot helmet.

At first glance I do not like the color of the CF 1J at all, but then again I hated the orange they picked for the 1D when I first saw it. But now I don't notice its brightness and love it on display.

For those with the 1J CF - does it look too light of a brown or does it grow on you?

Edited by DarrinG

I'd love that CF 1J but I need to save money for the VE-1. :mellow:

same boat, must have the VE-1, and the Max-1J and the Milia-1J... :rolleyes:

no CF's or Non-cannon's or any other cool stuff for me til September. :(