Yamato 1/60 v.2 Cannon Fodder

ff95gj

Good for you OD decided not to email me back. I went with HLJ. SAL Post...

But at least they answered me back.

It's business... anyways HLJ kinda expensive.. unfortunately Hobbywave Japan dun have much macross stuff, otherwise i'd recommend them to you, they usually reply my emails within a day or two..

Rainbow ten emails almost instantly... Anyways my VF-1A will be reaching next week only :angry:

So um I paid HLJ by paypal on the 10th and today on the 16th my VF-1A is still listed as Items Being Processed for Shipping. Last time I bought $20 in Gundam models they shipped in a couple of days. This Toy cost a lot more. Time is sorta of the essence for me as I'll be going on Vacation next month.

So um I paid HLJ by paypal on the 10th and today on the 16th my VF-1A is still listed as Items Being Processed for Shipping. Last time I bought $20 in Gundam models they shipped in a couple of days. This Toy cost a lot more. Time is sorta of the essence for me as I'll be going on Vacation next month.

everyone is on holiday until tomorrow.

Hope you got your shipping notice soon..

HLJ takes abit more time, but they get your items shipped out.

At least i like the account settings more then HWjapan .. B))haha..

ARRGGGHHH!!! My order is sitting in the (now closed) Post Office around the corner from my house...DOH!

my order is getting "retention" status and have been sitting in the post office for 3 days to be released. damn those suckers.

my order is getting "retention" status and have been sitting in the post office for 3 days to be released. damn those suckers.

What does that mean in practice? Retention? Not enough post workers to deliver the package? Retain for customs inspection?

I'm surprised an "advanced" country like USA has such bad postal service, if the the Saturday Night Life and Seinfield jokes about post workers are to be believed. :unsure:

Finally got my notice.

Postal and Delivery Service can be odd in practice. For example a recent UPS order of mine arrived in town two days before it was actual delivered. No reason why. They just decide to wait till the last day and hour.

Finally got my notice.

Postal and Delivery Service can be odd in practice. For example a recent UPS order of mine arrived in town two days before it was actual delivered. No reason why. They just decide to wait till the last day and hour.

UPS doesn't deliver anything but their premium services on weekends and then only Saturday IIRC (and UPS ground is a crapshoot in regards with getting things out for delivery promptly in the first place), and the USPS doesn't deliver Express/EMS items on Sundays or Holidays without an additional fee paid.

The only reason I can think of retaining package at facilty without a noted delivery attempt is probably a customs snafu of some sort.

Edited by Letigre

Fresh outta the box and ready for the front lines!!!! Just a few quick pics. The feet, and intake covers are dark brown, not the usual greys....kinda strange to get used to...I'm gonna call it the chocolate lovers Valk! :-)

post-11393-1250639172_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1250639192_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1250639213_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1250639231_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1250639246_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Fresh outta the box and ready for the front lines!!!! Just a few quick pics. The feet, and intake covers are dark brown, not the usual greys....kinda strange to get used to...I'm gonna call it the chocolate lovers Valk! :-)

I got mine yesterday, both are fine.

The feet, intake are meant to be brown as seen in line art.

Did you notice that Yamato actually custom made a plastic cover on the main wings to protect the white paint? sweet.

I can't get used to the color yet because it looks like a sun tan version of the CF 1J.

CF 1J is the only release that has the most complete tampo.

What does that mean in practice? Retention? Not enough post workers to deliver the package? Retain for customs inspection?

I'm surprised an "advanced" country like USA has such bad postal service, if the the Saturday Night Life and Seinfield jokes about post workers are to be believed. :unsure:

Retained for custom inspection.

I got mine yesterday, both are fine.

The feet, intake are meant to be brown as seen in line art.

Did you notice that Yamato actually custom made a plastic cover on the main wings to protect the white paint? sweet.

I can't get used to the color yet because it looks like a sun tan version of the CF 1J.

CF 1J is the only release that has the most complete tampo.

I was a little dissapointed that they didn't include all the tampo on the 1A like they did on the 1J...........and yes i did notice they wing cover, and my front landing gear wheels were also wrapped up in plastic......nice

I was a little dissapointed that they didn't include all the tampo on the 1A like they did on the 1J...........and yes i did notice they wing cover, and my front landing gear wheels were also wrapped up in plastic......nice

I only notice the landing gear wrapped until yesterday. The CF 1A is the most fragile and have a greater risk than any other else to get paint loss since the wings and landing gear compartment are painted on. Gotta be very careful when swinging the wings or might eventually scratched the white paint.

DSC01088.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

How do the DRYL Strike/Super packs or TV Super packs look on the CF VF-1A? I'm thinking that the darker DRYL packs would look better on it due to the darker brown, kinda like how the TV Super looks good on the CF1J due to the lighter shade.

I will try to put on the TV armor on CF 1A, I like how it looks on CF 1J. Here are some pictures I have taken last night when I was toying with my CF 1A:

DSC01102.jpg

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

I only notice the landing gear wrapped until yesterday. The CF 1A is the most fragile and have a greater risk than any other else to get paint loss since the wings and landing gear compartment are painted on. Gotta be very careful when swinging the wings or might eventually scratched the white paint.

I will try to put on the TV armor on CF 1A, I like how it looks on CF 1J. Here are some pictures I have taken last night when I was toying with my CF 1A:

So which 1A is that one with the white around the wings instead of the white stripe? I like that one with the white around the wings much more than the other.

So which 1A is that one with the white around the wings instead of the white stripe? I like that one with the white around the wings much more than the other.

It's the TV VF-1A Cannon Fodder. The other one (with the white stripe on the wings) is the VF-1J Cannon Fodder that Hikaru used when he was training.

The VF-1J has a lighter shade and has much more tampo printed markings.

You will love the CF 1J too. :)

Edited by Vi-RS

It's the TV VF-1A Cannon Fodder. The other one (with the white stripe on the wings) is the VF-1J Cannon Fodder that Hikaru used when he was training.

The VF-1J has a lighter shade and has much more tampo printed markings.

OH! I'm silly. I thought there was a TV 1A and a DYRL 1A out. I did not realize the 1J was the one with the white stripe down the wing.

You will love the CF 1J too. :)

I do I do. I just wish the wings were the same as the 1A. I don't much care for the stripe down the center of the wing on that.

OH! I'm silly. I thought there was a TV 1A and a DYRL 1A out. I did not realize the 1J was the one with the white stripe down the wing.

I do I do. I just wish the wings were the same as the 1A. I don't much care for the stripe down the center of the wing on that.

I will probably get another CF 1J later, too sweet with all the tempo printing.

All CF with fastpack in fighter mode in the pictures that I posted is CF 1J, the one standing behind in battroid mode is CF 1A.

Hmmm, So if I buy all the 1/60 newer versions, that means all of them will at least have the kites tampoed on the side of the cockpit... right? I'm curious. I have all the old school 1/60 and just the new VF-1D. If all of the new 1/60 include at least the kite and the UN SPACY tampoed on on the side of the leg, I might start collecting them. I've been out of the loop for a long while. I'm working on a new scy-fi animation and it leaves no time for anything.. I have not even looked at my 1/48 for months, maybe even a year :(

I really have the hots for Kakizaki and Max's TV valk. I just hope these valks wont break at the shoulders. Thanks for the responses guys. It has been a very long time.

only the first 1s had a wide spread problem with the shoulders. A handful of hikaru's 1a had them and then it just kind of got resolved. After Max yamato switched to a non-knurled hinge pin... I have the TV max and haven't had a problem.