Yamato 1/60 v.2 Cannon Fodder

ff95gj

Not getting the 1J CF, I'll wait for a 1A CF. I still have to order my Kaki TV 1A, and I think that's why they're doing the CF as a 1J b/c it's very similar to the Kaki TV version. I still want a 1A CF tho.

To be honest, I'd rather have an Alaska Base generic (same as CF except green) as I'll have the Kaki.

Edited by atreyu2112

Isn't a VF-1A Kakizaki TV basically a VF-1A TV CF? If it isn't you would think that it would be close enough that yamy wouldn't bother.

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...roducts_id=1198

CF is all brown with white trim, Kakizaki is white with patches of brown. BIG difference. That's like saying that Max's TV-1A is close enough to the TV-1J, so they shouldn't bother.

Vostok 7

Plus we fans have been dying for this one much like the Max TV version. It is sad to know that Toynami beat them to the punch with an inferior toy but they had a VF-1A Kakizaki (or Ben Dixon to then) in their first lineup of releases and here we are in what our third line of VF-1s and just now getting it. I have been waiting for the entire vermilion squadron for some time now. Just a few months left.

same here.

am only waiting for the CF 1A

and the stealth 1J.

how about a low vis? isn't it

also a shade of grey? i want

something which looks more

"real world".

Don't tell me that they're not going to make a 1/60 V2 Stealth...because that's one of the repaints I've been looking forward to... :(

Still not interested in the ver2 1/60's, the nose cone is all wrong to me, looks too much like jetfire and not like macross.

I have 2 of the first run 1/60 VF-1's, and I love the long sweeping nose on it.

Still not interested in the ver2 1/60's, the nose cone is all wrong to me, looks too much like jetfire and not like macross.

I have 2 of the first run 1/60 VF-1's, and I love the long sweeping nose on it.

That's what I used to think, and I resisted mightily until just sheer curiosity got the better of me.

Even when my first v2 showed up on my doorstep, even while I was opening up the shipping box, I was still hanging tenaciously to my mental comparisons of the v1's elegant nose versus the "snub nose" I'd been seeing in online photos of the v2.

When I finally lifted up the outer flap to reveal the valk in the window, I could see that I was wrong. And when I lifted the valk out of the plastic cradle and could see the offending nose in 3D, I could see I was completely wrong. I don't know what it is about the photos, but in person the sculpt is spot on. And the mosquito nose of the v1 really, kinda, sorta is relatively insect-like by comparison.

That's what I used to think, and I resisted mightily until just sheer curiosity got the better of me.

Even when my first v2 showed up on my doorstep, even while I was opening up the shipping box, I was still hanging tenaciously to my mental comparisons of the v1's elegant nose versus the "snub nose" I'd been seeing in online photos of the v2.

When I finally lifted up the outer flap to reveal the valk in the window, I could see that I was wrong. And when I lifted the valk out of the plastic cradle and could see the offending nose in 3D, I could see I was completely wrong. I don't know what it is about the photos, but in person the sculpt is spot on. And the mosquito nose of the v1 really, kinda, sorta is relatively insect-like by comparison.

Felt exactly the same way about the nose when I got my v2.0 Hikaru 1A. I still like the v1.0 though. The skinny nose and low lying canopy has that "TV anime" look whereas the v2.0 has a refined/balanced look.

Edited by Vifam7

The 1/48s are still very nice toys. Many people are selling them and switching to the 1/60s for a variety of reasons:

- Some prefer the proportions of the 1/60 toys

- Some wish to have all 1/60 scale valks, since Yamato decided to standardize the various series all in 1/60 scale

I'm in the latter group. I sold my 1/48s because I like having all my valks in the same scale. There was certainly nothing wrong with my 1/48s and they even have some details missing in the 1/60s, like functioning air brakes and wing flaps, as well as a removable nose cone.

The 1/48s are still very nice toys. Many people are selling them and switching to the 1/60s for a variety of reasons:

- Some prefer the proportions of the 1/60 toys

- Some wish to have all 1/60 scale valks, since Yamato decided to standardize the various series all in 1/60 scale

I'm in the latter group. I sold my 1/48s because I like having all my valks in the same scale. There was certainly nothing wrong with my 1/48s and they even have some details missing in the 1/60s, like functioning air brakes and wing flaps, as well as a removable nose cone.

Don't tell me you got rid of them all! You must of at least kept 1 or 2 didn't you?

Edited by logos

Well I had to get rid of my low viz v1 (on ebay now actually) to get some more 1/60's... Still fingers crossed (though wont be disappointed if they dont) for a 1/60 rendition

• 1 month later...
I agree with you man, i still prefer VF-1A's brown to be exact..

+ 1 on that one....

So, the CF 1J is supposed to be DYRL or TV? I assumed it was TV, but the color change for the TV CF 1A just makes me wonder, I mean if they were both TV versions they should be on the same shade of brown, right?

Anyways... I´m getting both :p

Edited by Zar

+ 1 on that one....

So, the CF 1J is supposed to be DYRL or TV? I assumed it was TV, but the color change for the TV CF 1A just makes me wonder, I mean if they were both TV versions they should be on the same shade of brown, right?

it's probably to differentiate the CF 1J from the CF 1A better. so their not exactly the same besides the head.

+ 1 on that one....

Its cfmd a TV version as mentioned in the website (TV版)

I sure like this dark brown shade than the 1J CF

I must be crazy because I like the VF-1J CF the best. I may have to wait until it goes on sale though before I get one and that may take a long time.

I'm with you! Besides, I already have a 1/48 fodder 1a. I'm trying not to dupe.

And yes, I know it's a tv 1a... but that's what my max tv 1a is for.

I usually buy 1 piece of each VF-1 release but I hv said myself b4 that I will get 2 pieces of 1A CF if ever released. Dreams coming true now.

Hey Agent-GHQ, an army not a bad idea...how many u reckon need to buy?

Edited by Javabean