Yamato 1/60 v.2 Cannon Fodder

ff95gj

So is there a good reason not to release this sucker with two heads? I think they'd sell like hotcakes with a 1A and a 1J head.

because they make more money if you have to buy two toys to get both heads?

So is there a good reason not to release this sucker with two heads? I think they'd sell like hotcakes with a 1A and a 1J head.

that gets me thinking, if/when they do the CF 1A will it be a DYRL? brownie or a TV brownie? (they'll probably do both :wacko: )

that gets me thinking, if/when they do the CF 1A will it be a DYRL? brownie or a TV brownie? (they'll probably do both :wacko: )

I tend to think people who want multiple variant heads with their valkyries are being unrealistic or even a bit greedy but in this case...

I'm not in favor of the "include two heads" or "include three heads" idea.

It actually makes no sense.

I want to have a 1A Hikaru and a 1S Hikaru. And I want to be able to put them side by side - not have one body and be forced t always had a head lying around in storage.

As for cannon fodder - again - I would like to have several of these - so what's the point of multiple heads?

If they included multiple heads then someone (me) would start pestering Yamato to sell hedless Valkyrie for my multiple heads.

That's ridiculous.

So - what they are doing here is just fine :)

Pete

Call me crazy, but the more I look at the CF-1J, the more it's growing on me. It's canon, yet a variant all at the same time..unlike the completely made-up stealth and lo-vis Valkyries. I have yet to purchase any of the V2 1/60s, but I MAY take the plunge on this one. Like a few others on here, I've been holding out for a V2 Elintseeker, but this is seriously tempting me to change my mind on which to get first.

On a side note, I have a quick question about the V2 1/60s, since I can't seem to find a specific answer in the tons of other threads. The V2s are basically just the 1/48s shrunken down to 1/60 scale, correct?

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

I want to have a 1A Hikaru and a 1S Hikaru. And I want to be able to put them side by side - not have one body and be forced t always had a head lying around in storage.

You could buy two.

As for having extra heads lying around, you already have extra hands and missiles.

What I was asking was, is there some difference between the CF 1A and the CF 1J besides the heads, like color scheme differences or numbering differences.

While it may not be something you would prefer, to say it makes no sense is just ignorant. Think of someone who has enough money to buy ONE toy and he likes the Cannon Fodder (in this case). By including two heads he can swap up the toy wherever it is occasionally to freshen it up and get some more enjoyment out of it. It also adds flexibility if you are someone who plans on buying lots of them. You might have a display where a bunch of 1As are flying with a hero valk as squad leader. Later you might decide it'd be cool if there were two squadrons of 1As and a Vermillion squad instead. You would want two 1Js to head the sqads of 1As you already have. If the 1J heads came with the 1As it'd be a simple matter of a parts swap.

Edited by jenius

i think they should do it for the vf-1a cf and dyrl vf-1a cf because its just the head that's different right? because that'll be another $100 or more for just the different head unless they change the color too.

i think they should do it for the vf-1a cf and dyrl vf-1a cf because its just the head that's different right? because that'll be another $100 or more for just the different head unless they change the color too.

My understanding was always that the TV CF and DYRL CF were different colors. The TV CF is a lighter tan, like this new VF-1J CF, and the DYRL one was a darker brown color. For instance, the TRU-limited original 1/60 VF-1A CF was termed DYRL, while the larger release version which had a lighter color was called a TV version (even though that was before Yamato was making different heads).

Though it may not make sense to Mr. Pete, putting a TV -1A head in with the -1J CF would be smart. Want one of both? Buy two. The argument of the fact it would make more loose parts to keep track of doesn't hold much water considering we're talking about a toy that's already rife with loose bits. Don't like the other head? Leave it in the box and forget it exists. I don't see why this requires an arrogant diatribe.

Vostok 7

the TV VF-1A brownie is identical to the TV 1J brownie except for a head. the difference between the TV 1A brownie and the DYRL? 1A brownie are a different head, different forearms and the color is slightly different. also the the TV and DYRL? valks have different style fixed pose hands and different style pilots.

I think they should do the cannon fodders as a TV version and a DYRL? version. the DYRL? would be the 1A with DYRL? accurate head, arms, color and accessories. the TV version should have all the right TV stuff and come with both 1A and 1J heads.

God, Yamato is really pumping these things out! They must be pretty proud of this line since they didn't give the 1/48's this kind of love.

I don't know if I would buy this one...I probably would but as one of the last valks as I still got Kakizaki, Max's two types, and Hikaru's VF-1S to go.

But I do think this'll be kind of cool that you can finally put squads together like Vermillion and Skull...and some Cannon fodder units eventually. So I do hope they come out with VF-1A cannon fodders based on either DYRL or the series.

CF 1J goodness!!! Although, I do admit, at this point, it'd be nice if they did add a 1A head in the box. So, now, if they produce a CF 1A later, are we supposed to buy that as well? I think that would cause me not to buy every one of them. I still have yet to get the Hikky DYRL 1S for this same reason.

On the color of the brown, I think it's just fine. I like the lighter color, not so doodoo brown if you know what I mean. I welcome the obscure valks. So with that, bring on the Alaska green, the black valks, and all the others, yes even the angel bird.

1J CF scheduled for June release. Damn, the release pace is too fast. Hope Yamato can slow it down.

I will get two pcs of 1As CF (if Yamato releases it) & pair it with the 1J CF as squad leader. Just like Hikky's vermilliion squadron, yeah!

Edited by Javabean

If Yamato was very kind they would give us 4 heads for each valk: A/D/J/S

maybe for non-canon paint schemes. But to do that for hero valks would be shooting themselves in the foot. Plus it would mean less tampo printing.

besides, even if yamato gave us 4 heads, then people would be asking for tv a and dyrl 1 variant heads and then whine for TV style arms to be included with their DYRL valks, and then multiple pilots, the list is endless. :lol:

release 1 cf valk with 4 different heads. then release 1 dyrl cf valk with 4 different heads.

Yamato will never do that since they want you to buy all four valks to collect all four different heads. <_< It makes good business sense especially in this economic environment.

But they can provide four different heads easily, since they already provide several different hands in the package.

On a side note, I have a quick question about the V2 1/60s, since I can't seem to find a specific answer in the tons of other threads. The V2s are basically just the 1/48s shrunken down to 1/60 scale, correct?

Cyclone Trooper, the v.2 1/60 VF-1 is a completely new figure, and not simply a scaled-down rendition of the 1/48.

• 3 weeks later...