Macross Frontier Figures

CF18

Funny thing is, I just started displaying my blue one like that as I got tired of the full dress (which i greatly prefer to the castoff). Though it's partly because the alternate arms and suspenders are in the box in the garage. Having the pants without midsection looks way too odd. The arm does make getting them on/off tricky. I've also noticed that it's scratched the paint on her underboob. This was common on this figure. I'd love to pick up the red one, especially at the sale price, but I'm glad I have the blue one; I like it better.

I guess I'm missing out on Klan, though I did hint it as a birthday gift to a friend.

i still don't have this latest sheryl, and as if to torment me even more, it seems a recolor version is coming (or is already out):

W.jpg

unfortunately, i lost track of my friend who used to buy stuff for me at yahoo auctions. those of you who bought at YA, how did you do it? you read japanese, or you have a contact who does?

if anyone can help me purchase this figure, please PM me. i'd prefer to get the black kimono version, but i'd consider the regular one as well. heck, i just might get both :wacko::D

I just bought the Megahouse Sheryl blue version and Megahouse Klan loli version, they weren't cheap. I wish I had bought them when they came out, would have saved alot of money.

But I'm glad I finally have them in my collection :)

i still don't have this latest sheryl, and as if to torment me even more, it seems a recolor version is coming (or is already out):

W.jpg

unfortunately, i lost track of my friend who used to buy stuff for me at yahoo auctions. those of you who bought at YA, how did you do it? you read japanese, or you have a contact who does?

if anyone can help me purchase this figure, please PM me. i'd prefer to get the black kimono version, but i'd consider the regular one as well. heck, i just might get both :wacko::D

I use rinkya.com as a proxy bidder. It's even more expensive than the auction, and the shipping is ugh, but it's worth it to get some items there that you just won't find on ebay. BTW, I did get that new Sheryl finally yesterday, and it is by far, the best sculpt of Sheryl out there, IMO. The attention to detail, and what the colors and shades of paint, is simply amazing. This is definitely the pride and joy of my statue collection. I won't bother putting up pics, as the ones above and on previous pages are very good, but it's still much more beautiful in person. I guess now I can hold out for a bit, and get the Black/White bunny Sheryls eventually. Gotta recover from this purchase, and gotta save up for the YF-29, and the VF-19 Kai coming very soon.

Got the White Bunny from Ebay from the same guy in Japan where I got the Black Bunny Sheryl from ninjalyzamurai358. Good seller, if your are in need of looking up items that are not usuallly sold the usual E-tailer haunts,this guy would have it. Come to thing of it, I think I also got my Ichiban Klan Klang from him too. here is a link to my photobucket page that has the newest aqquisition on it.

White Bunny Sheryl

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I use rinkya.com as a proxy bidder. It's even more expensive than the auction, and the shipping is ugh, but it's worth it to get some items there that you just won't find on ebay.

I think jauce.com has cheaper fees then rinkya.com

tokyo-hunter.com seems to have reasonable rates.

thanks for the tips. tokyo-hunter though hasn't listed this figure, unlike the black bunny. so i suppose it has to be requested specifically?

perhaps i'm using the wrong search terms, but i still haven't seen any auctions for the black kimono version. has anyone spotted it?

also wondering why this latest batch isn't as widely available (relatively) as the previous rounds. before, there were a number of webshops who put up pre-orders, and others who bought entire sets wholesale and then retailed the items individually. so did banpresto not do any wholesale this time? is this batch a more limited run?

The blue does it too. It's one of the minor issues with it. The other being the potential for pant scuffs. Such is the fate of cast-offs.

Great Sheryl collection. I used to build mini shines as well (I still have a general Asuka one), but I mostly put the figures where I can fit them.

On another note, are there really THAT MANY Sheryl's out there? I know a lot are repaints, and I don't really keep track of gashipons, but geez.

Nice CC's as well. I've got about half of those. Where'd the brunette one come from?

Anyone have trouble fastening Last Frontier Sheryl's top together? The pegs dont seem to want to fit .

Mine was a bit challenging to get them all together, but they do seem to do it. It takes a little playing around with the connector pieces.

Anyone have trouble fastening Last Frontier Sheryl's top together? The pegs dont seem to want to fit .

They shouldn't have made the cast off clothing underneath her right arm connect by those two pegs.

It's ridiculous trying to get em to stay together.

I think jauce.com has cheaper fees then rinkya.com

Woah. I didn't know such services existed! Thanks.

Also, does Bandai do fully articulated female figures (eg: like Figmas?) I know I probably mentioned this before, but I'd KILL for a Figma-like Sheryl.

Woah. I didn't know such services existed! Thanks.

Also, does Bandai do fully articulated female figures (eg: like Figmas?) I know I probably mentioned this before, but I'd KILL for a Figma-like Sheryl.

Bandai has a range of S. H. Figuarts but that's mostly used for kamen riders and precure female figures so they do have a range for that. However a Figma sculpt will probably be your best bet, as they beat kaiyodo's Fraulein hands down, imo.

Picked up a few new items when I was in Tokyo last month.

Black/White Bunny Sheryl-

For a game prize figure, it's quite nice... except the face! Gah! The sculpt and paint job all around are good, but the face... I haven't seen Sheryl with such a stoned, dead expression since the Emotion Style release. A shame really, because it's a great figure from the neck down.

Ranka SQ Figure-

I've been hoping that they'd release a figure of Ranka in her white dress and oversized boots, and Banpresto finally delivers! And it does not disappoint. I absolutely love this figure. Like B/W Bunny Sheryl, it's a great figure, made all the more impressive that it's also a relatively cheap game prize figure. But unlike B/W Sheryl, she has a good face sculpt, better than the first Ichiban Kuji figures IMO. She's the same size as Super Dimension Cinderella Ranka. If there has to be something to gripe about, it's that her hair is a lighter, more yellowish green than is normal for Ranka. But that's a minor quibble.

Can't wait to get the last episode Sheryl to go with it.

What can I say? I love girls with a penchant for big boots, be it Ranka or the real life Megumi. :)

Ranka Valkyrie Shoujo-

Smaller than the SQ figure, but I like it a lot. Definitely worth the 1100 yen. Also actually looks like Ranka, unlike Love Slinger Sheryl, whose face is... off. (Why does Banpresto have such a hard time with Sheryl's face?)

I wish I could see some good Valkyrie Girl cosplayers in the real world!

Also picked up a Maiko Ranka from Yahoo Auctions recently. Everyone's busy drooling over Oiran Sheryl, but no love for Maiko Ranka? :(

post-5703-0-39625400-1305607963_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-73548600-1305607984_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-60109800-1305608009_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-78145300-1305608054_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-11330900-1305608081_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-77095800-1305608115_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-07283400-1305608129_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-07252000-1305608248_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-72061900-1305608272_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-76514700-1305608286_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-79252000-1305608328_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-99519300-1305608342_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-44961000-1305608369_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-91471900-1305608382_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the update, Lolicon! I may have to keep an eye out for those Rankas at Fanime. They look great for cheapos, and I could use some nice Rankas. As for the Sheryl, I remember the source art looking rather odd as well.

Out of boredom, I picked up a couple new items recently. :blink:

post-5703-0-96099200-1306799624_thumb.jpg

There's been plenty posted about the Sheryl rabbit figures, so I'll skip those and go straight to Maiko Ranka, my new favorite Ranka figure. :D

I was quite disappointed by the first wave of Frontier Ichiban Kuji figures, and even the Sheryl rabbit figures, though a vast improvement, have faces that don't really look like Sheryl.

Banpresto finally gets it right with the release of Maiko Ranka and Oiran Sheryl (which I'll also pick up if I can find one reasonably priced).

The pictures tell you pretty much all you need to know. She's a little taller than the other 1/8 Ranka figures I have, but they got her bust (or lack thereof) correct. :)

post-5703-0-44613100-1306799629_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-93556200-1306799633_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-61631600-1306799638_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-94842700-1306799642_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-19986400-1306799647_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-78658000-1306799651_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-09351500-1306799666_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-57792500-1306799680_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-63104200-1306799685_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-25918500-1306799696_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-84942900-1306799703_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-56564600-1306799711_thumb.jpg

Just got back from Fanime. The swap meet and dealers hall were driving me nuts, and I kept passing up relatively good deals. There was one seller with the IK Bunnies, the mini figures for 5 bucks each (still wondering why I didn't get around to getting any). She wanted 70 for the Black Bunnie and offered two of the mini figures with it (WB was 60). Unfortunately, I hadn't seen the dealers hall (which turned out to be way overpriced in everything I wanted [Lucky Star Macross for 50 each with the Miyuki a whopping 100]) and that would've been probably my only major purchase; I don't impulse buy. Didn't help that she downplayed how nice it was versus price. By the time I came back to possible deal, she had left and wasn't coming to the next meet. Funny thing is, I kept running into her, and even got an email to make a deal, but no way to send it. So I let Black Bunny slip away. Hopefully, I didn't screw up too harshly though there were others I passed up. Wound up mostly getting artist ally things. In retrospect though, I'm still wondering more why I didn't get the little figures. She had them all.

I did get the last two of the Minmay set I needed for 4 bucks. The real steal was the Black and White Bunny for $12!! I wavered on it's initial $20, but it didn't sell. I got to see it out of the box, offered 10, he countered 12. I have no clue what the dealers hall would've sold her for, but I know it's not that cheap.

In counter to Lolicon, I must say, I actually really like this one. It looks A LOT better than the promo pics, and I think I like the face better than the source art. I think she looks quite fearful, and it has personality. It's no Megahouse, but for a prize figure, it's pretty nice and works well from different angles.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Slowly updating my Macross room and just wanted to share pics of my Sheryl shrine, finally was able to get the new Ichiban kuji figs:

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/26608/Macross+F+Sheryl+and+other+character+shrines.html#image-220157

Sweet collection, you have the megahouse Sheryl Nome AFC, I notice on mine that the black shorts are leaving black scuff marks on the lower torso, is there any way to clean It off? and is there a remedy to get it to stop. Thanks

Banpresto finally gets it right with the release of Maiko Ranka and Oiran Sheryl (which I'll also pick up if I can find one reasonably priced).

this might be your best bet: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-638925.html

been watching yahoo auctions and it rarely goes below this price, and if you go through a bid service the fees can easily add another Y2-3k. i think mandarake charges just Y500 handling and ships internationally.

i was (maybe)lucky to win an auction for Y15k but that was because the box was damaged. but in nearly a month of monitoring yahoo auctions i have yet to spot the black kimono version (see my earlier post) or the version 2 color variants seen here: http://www.1kuji.com/maf-2nd

maybe i'm using the wrong search terms. has anyone spotted these variants? appreciate any info. thanks

Lolicon I love your photos. Really nice pictures of the figures. I actually downloaded some and I've been using them for reference while working on my figure drawing. Just wanted to let you know and hope you keep posting such great photos of your collection.

so i was in HK the past few days and stumbled upon the sheryl geisha figure. in a stroke of stupid impulsiveness i picked her up even though i already have one in transit. talk about failing the marshmallow test. big time.

i guess i'll be displaying one in kimono and the other in bikini. that is, unless someone would be interested in assuaging my buyer's remorse by taking one off my hands..

still haven't found any trace of the black kimono version. losing hope that it'll ever pop up on yahoo auctions.

so i was in HK the past few days and stumbled upon the sheryl geisha figure. in a stroke of stupid impulsiveness i picked her up even though i already have one in transit. talk about failing the marshmallow test. big time.

i guess i'll be displaying one in kimono and the other in bikini. that is, unless someone would be interested in assuaging my buyer's remorse by taking one off my hands..

still haven't found any trace of the black kimono version. losing hope that it'll ever pop up on yahoo auctions.

What in particular is wrong with it?

I'd be interested in it, unless what you have to say really about it is really that bad... :huh:

if Lolicon decides not to take it, Ill gladly take it off your hands.