Macross Frontier Figures

CF18

DAMN. In fact, I like their Ichi Kuji prize figures. I like their face scripts better than those from Megahouse. Megahouse has a prettier Sheryl, but the Ichi Kuji ones grasp the Sheryl expression better IMHO.

Alas, obviously they don't give a damn for this cheap figures (1100 yen?). Wasted a good design.

**mourning**

Only 1100 yen?! No wonder looks like that... <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get this one off Ebay and since I don't have time to post pics because I'm watching Bleach online and about to watch Iron Man 2 on Blu-ray on my PS3 later, I just give you the link to my Photobucket accout.

Guess who? She sold out before I got it

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

In my dream world, Figma releases all Macross and Macross Characters (Skull Squad, SMS, multiple Sheryl's) and Yamato releases all VFs.

Bandai still gets the Monster though. :p

Oh, of course, in my dream, they all do it right!

Okay, so I'm wondering, does anybody here actually like their 1/60 VF-25 toys? I know they have their faults, but they still look pretty good aesthetically, at least in Fighter and Battroid mode. I know some people think they look chunky, but I think they look really good. Was thinking of picking up a couple if I can get a good price.

I'll break this down really simply.

I love the VF-25.

What Bandai made is not a VF-25. Because if they had made one, I would love it. Just saying. happy.gif I mean, I like it okay.. but I can say easily that it's the worst representation of any Macross aircraft I own.

Honestly, no, it's not a bad toy. It's just poorly designed, not at all well thought out, badly painted, and a very half-assed representation of what it's supposed to be. If I hadn't seen the show, and didn't own the nearly perfect models (that Bandai also makes, funnily enough), I'd think they were great. What I equate it to roughly is if Hasegawa decided to release a VF-11 kit (finally)... but they decided it was too much work to make a good kit, and decided to make a scaled up version of an old badly proportioned 1/144 kit and pass it off with their other valk kits. The end result fills a need.. but is no where near the same quality as anything else in their model kit lineup.

It's not terrible per-se.. the problem is that compared with any other valk produced in the past 10 years or so, it is just WAY behind the curve. The stupidest part is, Bandai can obviously do much better, since the VF-27 was such a quantum leap ahead of the VF-25. The Monster looks to be another leap beyond that. Knowing how experienced Bandai is with mecha, I get the impression that they really did just half-ass the VF-25, and figured they could get away with it. Given the difference in quality between the VF-25 and VF-27, I'd guess the design team behind the VF-25 was canned, and people who actually give a flying rat's ass replaced them. Nearly every change in the VF-27 is like Bandai saying "Yeah, we shoulda done it this way from the start..." It just reeks of the idea that Bandai didn't do a lick of research about their most direct competition (Yamato) before deciding on a final design for the VF-25.

Long story short... in a world populated by Valks full of realistic detail and features, Bandai went and released something that would have been cool 10 years ago, but now just doesn't hold up.

I know I'm being pretty harsh, but I'm really darn picky when it comes to engineering, and the design choices in the VF-25 make me cringe.

Edited by Chronocidal

I don't see why we can't have mention of Valk action figures, but yeah, mainly a statue thread.

I guess since every other thread is about Valks, this one being dedicate to just statues of scantily dressed anime characters seems fair. Personally, I would like to get a Sheryl figure, but only if it was fully articulated like a Figma or Revoltech with plenty of accessories. Since that doesn't seem like it'll happen, I guess I'm in for a long wait. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Super Klan Klang available for pre-order today from your favourite webshops:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10119516

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=FIG-MOE-1917&template=default/product/e_display.html

Taken from amiami:

Complete Pre-painted Figure

Non-scale (appx. 1/72)

Details Sculpted by Mohio

Production Support by Uplark

Color by Tc

Just got my payment confirmation.

Payment method: PayPal

Shipping method: EMS

Shipping Fee: 4000

TOTAL: 13580JPY

Hey baby, reckon you could wear those FP's i bought you tonight? You know it will make me really happy, ah come on, let's have some fun..

just checked, got my confo too, nice.

gonna slap these on hakufu too for a laugh. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Have yet to look at my E-mail to see if I got a comfirmation, I'm afraid what the total is going to be, even after spending 400+ on parts for my car. But it look like I will be having two Klangs in my collection

Go wait and drool at the doorstep!

I really like this Klan.

Actually at my job, I'm having it delivered there like all my packages, the mailman and everyone at my job practically knows it's for me. They even predicted that I would be expecting another package from HLJ coming in sometime soon this month.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

could anybody (UN Spacy :rolleyes: ) who got theirs from Amiami post a pic of the box that Klan came in...

just paid for mine. i'm having it shipped to my cousin's to avoid customs, haha :ph34r: ... just curious how much extra space is in there...

this will probably be my first and last static anime fig that i will be keeping... i previously bought a couple but decided to sell them off coz i realized i'm not really cut out to be an anime figure collector. i usually just like the mecha... but for the uber hotness that is Klan Klan w/ them super packs, i'm making an exception. :D