Macross Frontier Figures

CF18

Emotion Style Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier: The False Diva

1/8 scale PVC statuette by Bandai

Released: Late February 2010, RRP ¥6,800 (currently about AUD $70) via HobbySearch Japan and HobbyLink Japan.

4419413283_acab1b5edf_m.jpg 4420180110_3e8a8212cf_m.jpg

It came with a pink display platform (in the shape of the SMS logo), and a display stand to keep it upright.

I purchased matching Emotion Style Ranka Lee as well, but haven't got time to take the statue out of the box to take a pic of it (nor do I have the display space). In fact, I'll have to put this statuette into storage as well.

Edited by Joz

Got my Sheryl yesterday along with an 11B :D

DSC06952.jpg

DSC06954.jpg

DSC06955.jpg

I got an extra one but its already spoken for, I did however get these other tidbits and I was wondering if anyone was interested in these. Im only keeping the cup in the the top left corner.

450x600-2010031200003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Ichiban Kuji set, the 2 secret SD figures are a Sheryl Valkyrie Girl and a Ranka in Black Bunny outfit. The body is pretty much a repaint of the regular counterpart (Sheryl Valkgirl body = Ranka Valkgirl body, Black bunny = black bunny).

I'll try and take some pics over the next couple days...

The Sheryl Valk girl has a pink VF-25F "Hat" thats the same mold as the Ranka. The face is the same as the "White Bunny" Sheryl but with pink hair. The body is the same as Ranka Valk-Girl, but with pink highlights instead of red.

The Ranka Black Bunny has the same head as the Ranka Valk girl but with Green/Black hair. The Body is the same as the Sheryl Black Bunny but with some Orange highlights on the boots and straps.

So the two secret figures are basically mix and match with minor repainting from other figures in the series. The stands are unique also.

edit: Oh, and the heads are removable. The figures come in several parts in a plastic bag with partitions like alot of Gashapon figures come.

Edited by Britai 7018

• 3 weeks later...

more nosebleed from animesuki:

post-6173-1271443803_thumb.jpg

i just got mine and i'm trying to figure out how the cape was removed.

it does seem there is some "give" when i move the cape back and forth and that it is not glued to the figure. but i can't seem to get the shoulder pads out of the way so i can pry the cape loose. anybody else tried removing the cape?

would've done a more direct comparison with my other new fig ;)

post-6173-1271446697_thumb.jpg

Edited by Major Focker

Ahhh, still need to get those Bunny and white costume Sheryls, just don't have the money at this point. also, the prices are a bit too high at this point. If anyone knows where to get them at a decent price, or if anyone has extras, let me know. B))

Ahhh, still need to get those Bunny and white costume Sheryls, just don't have the money at this point. also, the prices are a bit too high at this point. If anyone knows where to get them at a decent price, or if anyone has extras, let me know. B))

Got extras, but not at a decent price. =(

Never meant to be removed for ultimate nosebleedness.

shame, really. it would've been a simple matter for banpresto to make the head removable and for the whole cape to just plop down.

anyway, i just contented myself with using this figure for my first ever glamour shoot ^_^

still new to this photo hobby and just coming to grips with my first non-point&shoot camera

sheryldiva-sparkle.jpg

not so happy with the face sculpt but it sure is wicked sexy.

still waiting for the ultimate sheryl figure. hope they make one of my avatar or from episode 10 (shorts, sunglasses, bolero jacket).

Edited by Major Focker

if you do get one, just be sure to use the included support stand.

i found mine keeled over to one side with a very severe ankle sprain.

apparently, bandai didnt use any support rods inside sheryl's very slender legs, and being erm.. well endowed and all, the figure was too top heavy for the svelte ankles.

i now display it with the support stand and fortunately the legs have returned to form.

if you do get one, just be sure to use the included support stand.

i found mine keeled over to one side with a very severe ankle sprain.

apparently, bandai didnt use any support rods inside sheryl's very slender legs, and being erm.. well endowed and all, the figure was too top heavy for the svelte ankles.

i now display it with the support stand and fortunately the legs have returned to form.

are the legs hollow or something? It doesn't look like it should be that top heavy from the pictures.

the feet are one in front of the other so there really is just one point of support, unlike if the legs were a little apart. and with the big red jacket it's like an inverted triangle when viewed from the front.

can't tell for sure if the legs are hollow, but they don't seem so. nonetheless they are very slender towards the ankles, about as thin as lady's cigarettes. but more importantly, they aren't very stiff, bendable like gashapon material. i have other figures with a similar stance, even one standing on just one leg, but they were all very sturdy and seem to be reinforced with a metal rod.