Macross Frontier Figures

CF18

Are the Frontier character gashapons (the ones that look like the Macross CMS figures) getting harder to come across? The only ones I see for sale these days are the super-deformed character figures. I haven't been able to find a set of them for a good price under $70 on eB like I was able to do for the older CMS sets. Heck I haven't even seen them at Frank & Sons where they usually have character sets for a good price.

Check post #503!

Should've been more clear, I know that picture, I was talking about one with a close up of the text and the right side of that scan...now I can't find it here nor on the scoop thread, maybe it was someplace else? but where if not mw????

Should've been more clear, I know that picture, I was talking about one with a close up of the text and the right side of that scan...now I can't find it here nor on the scoop thread, maybe it was someplace else? but where if not mw????

is this it?

Rad... am I the only guy here that wants a poseable Klan to pose around my yammie(and i guess eventually bandai) 1/60's? And Britai.

I want both. Unfortunately, most poseable figures/figurines has very bad quality joints and look bad. Definitely NOT LEGO quality. So far, all the poseable ones I bought (Volks, MaxFactory, Kaiyodo, Yamato) have poor quality loose joints (and are not racheted). Robot poseable figures looks great. But not their humanoid counterparts.

Megahouse's next Queen's Blade (Rebellion) figure Vengt is a premium poseable figure selling at 8000yen (before discounts). I do hope the joint quality is much better. So far, the figure looks alright (the joints are hidden/follow the form of the actual character)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10108889

Edited by blacklotus

I like the klan and her ex gear but something about this figure looks off.

The pose doesn't seem very dynamic and what's with the facial expression? She looks like she's wondering if she left the stove on back home...?

I know what you mean, but would you prefer the angry face when she was screaming "Michel, Michel!!" instead? I bet they thought about that, or even tested it.

I thought the same thing right after I posted. Not sure that angry face Klan would have looked better. At the same time, I'm surprised they didn't choose something in between.

At any rate, still a relatively cool looking figure but I will probably pass on this one.

That Klan looks fantastic. Looks like there is a hinge joint in the backpack for posing. :unsure:

sooo back heavy..

but sadly, still a must have ^_^

There's something about describing Klan as "back heavy" that doesn't seem right... :wacko:

That Klan looks fantastic. Looks like there is a hinge joint in the backpack for posing. :unsure:

There's something about describing Klan as "back heavy" that doesn't seem right... :wacko:

This actually looks not half as bad as I thought. At least the armors are drawing attention away from her "supa boobs". <_<

the pose seems a bit off... back heavy as people already mention.

I hope there is an option to rotate the backpack into a vertical postion.

I also think the pink color is "too pink", a slightly deeper saturated red would be better.

Edited by macrossnake

too early to tell about the colors, they may completely change them, like they did with the banpresto statue, with pastel tones on the initial sample and then completely metallic sheen on the final, which is much more appealing to the eyes, but not necessarily anime-accurate.

I think that the Banpresto colors have somehow become canon for Klan's flightsuit!

I dunno, I'm not one to normally complain about show accuracy, but that one screams more to me "Valk Girl" and less "Klan as she appeared with armor packs." She had a more simplified look with boosters & backpack straps, not the entire VF-27G Super Pack set.

I dunno, I'm not one to normally complain about show accuracy, but that one screams more to me "Valk Girl" and less "Klan as she appeared with armor packs." She had a more simplified look with boosters & backpack straps, not the entire VF-27G Super Pack set.

no, that's pretty much how it is in the show.

post-4286-1266220751_thumb.jpg

not that it matters, she looks hot and that's all that counts.