1/72 Centipede Heavy Transport Truck

ahiachris

You build it at work! Wish I had time for that! It's looking good so far. The wheels look on the smaller side, but I'm also guessing you're adding tread to them and not cutting into them? Keep it up! - MT

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus - hope this is one vehicle whic makes it all the way to the paintshop! ^_^

Most of the load could be vacform I'd think.

I agree with the good captain, those containers would look good in vac-form, and it would cut down the weight.

Edited by Vile

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Not a big update. And thanks for the inputs. The driver cab will be trim later. I'd finished the air ducts and the flat bed. Will start on the axles on the coming weeks. Picture uploaded was the comparison on the truck with the FUCHS armored vehicle and the partial leg of a Gerwalk. B))

post-7569-1238345870_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1238345882_thumb.jpg

You have a job now, that's great to hear!

Yeah I was very lucky this one came along straight away and after christmas and all the reference checks etc I was only out for two months. Friends of mine are still out. the I.T industry has taken a big knock as companies shed the expensive I.T workers who cost and dont produce a product.

This thread is gonna turnout to be one of those great ones. Makes a change to see some thing from the background made all "real"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

After a lot of research and 'd finally decided on the design of the suspension and drive axle for the Centipede. It will be a having a all wheel individual hydraulic suspension and all wheel drive system. Pictures uploaded will be the setup of all the rear axles. Individual axles may be able to fit with ball-joints so that it'll be steerable. Still haven't make the front axle yet. I'm glad that things are starting to take shape.

post-7569-1239206743_thumb.gif

post-7569-1239206793_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1239206804_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1239206812_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1239206821_thumb.jpg

ff-desmon-1.jpg

randomly found this pic. Not sure if the Monster is 1/160 or 1/200 but the Centipede stand in looks pretty good. Whatever that truck kit/toy is maybe if its 1/200ish it would be suitable to customise for mechtech`s needs?

I saw that years ago somewhere. I think he scratch built it, I forgot. I think the truck is a Roco HO model (I have one ^_^ ). What I can use are Z gauge or Herpa 1/200 aircraft accessories that I know of SO FAR! Thanks MilSpex!

Hi everyone,

After a lot of research and 'd finally decided on the design of the suspension and drive axle for the Centipede. It will be a having a all wheel individual hydraulic suspension and all wheel drive system. Pictures uploaded will be the setup of all the rear axles. Individual axles may be able to fit with ball-joints so that it'll be steerable. Still haven't make the front axle yet. I'm glad that things are starting to take shape.

The chassis frame of the truck was finished and I'd managed to attach the rear axles to the chassis frame. The tyre tread of of the wheel was sculpted. I am now starting to sculpt the front axle will try so see how it goes when added with ball joints in the front wheels. Please enjoy...

post-7569-1240593235_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1240593688_thumb.jpg

Edited by ahiachris

• 2 weeks later...

quote name='neptunesurvey' post='751946' date='May 18 2009, 08:03 PM']It is coming along nicely.

Awesome work so far! I think there's going to be some jealous people if you don't sell this as a kit! - MT

Thanks everyone for checking this project :rolleyes: . There's still a lot of work to do if it's gonna be release as a kit. Have to design it so that my caster can make molds of this kit and have to design it so that everyone can build it easily. Another thing is about the cargoes. should it be hollow or solid/ styrene or resin.

post-7569-1243005535_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1243005576_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1243005786_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1243005812_thumb.jpg

Edited by ahiachris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, thank you all for the encouragments given for the past months. No photo update on the truck yet since I am putting details on to the driver compartment. All the duplicate parts like the wheels and the suspension were sent for casting. I'm surely going to finish this project.

But.... your encouragements push me past my limits and.... :lol:

post-7569-1244908657_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1244908685_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1244908701_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1244908709_thumb.jpg

post-7569-1244908718_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I saw Honneamise's six wheeler and love to grab one. BTW where is he now?

He's still scratchbuilding models, just not Macross. He's done a few commissioned master builds for Starship Modeler, including a 1/72 Raptor from BSG, and the nazi flying wing plane from Indiana Jones. His work is still top-notch.

He's still scratchbuilding models, just not Macross. He's done a few commissioned master builds for Starship Modeler, including a 1/72 Raptor from BSG, and the nazi flying wing plane from Indiana Jones. His work is still top-notch.

My god I didnt realise that was his work. Top notch indead.

Now that I see it better in the first pic the narrow half side of the mini truck is on the front and in the second pic the same front half is on the back..!!?? what a puzzling picture.

I would prefer the wider half on the back..

How do i sign up for one of these minis?

Edited by 007-vf1