Admit it. You just don't like anything with V-fins. :lol:

I freely admit it.

When I first saw the Unicorn in closed mode, I was like wow, a decent looking Gundam and they've actually had the courage to break away from the V-fin and tradtional Gundam type face.................................but no, then I discover that the head opens and .........yawn......same ol' Gundam face and V-fin.

Graham

I freely admit it.

When I first saw the Unicorn in closed mode, I was like wow, a decent looking Gundam and they've actually had the courage to break away from the V-fin and tradtional Gundam type face.................................but no, then I discover that the head opens and .........yawn......same ol' Gundam face and V-fin.

Graham

To be fair the V-fin is iconic to Gundam as the variable fighters are to Macross. Removing them would remove the Gundam-ness to it.

That said, the only Gundam without a V-fin I know was the Turn-A and indeed i wished it wasn't under the Gundam franchise. Might've gotten more exposure that way.

To be fair the V-fin is iconic to Gundam as the variable fighters are to Macross. Removing them would remove the Gundam-ness to it.

That said, the only Gundam without a V-fin I know was the Turn-A and indeed i wished it wasn't under the Gundam franchise. Might've gotten more exposure that way.

Hmm-hmm, I've always argued Turn-A is a pretty good science-fiction series in its own right and its reasonably possible to watch it without really knowing anything about previous Gundams, perhaps its biggest advantage over the original UC series in an international market. Which again makes it all the stranger we still don't have a a Western release yet...

I thought I would post this link I don't think it has been posted http://www.gundam-unicorn.net/ for the ( I assume) OVA,tv series or move that is coming out ? A quick question what is that light coming from inside of the Unicorn Gundam ?

Newtype-glow? :lol:

Its the glow from the psycho-frame of the Unicorn Gundam.

Newtype-glow? :lol:

Its the glow from the psycho-frame of the Unicorn Gundam.

Thanks for the info on the glow I'll have to wear shades now B)) . I think the site has been updated since I last looked at it I don't recall the Unicorn Gundam destroy mode being on there last time I looked. Gundam Unicorn looks like an interesting anime.

I freely admit it.

Graham

What about the Turn-A? :lol:

Anyhow, I get what you mean, Gundam is my favorite, and it does get old. In most series lately, I like the enemy/misc. suits more. I mean really, Gundam did give us the ultimate mecha (Sazabi) and the GM's, EZ-8, Zeta etc. are different (at least face wise). Also, you have to give respect to 00 because it's pretty refreshing in terms of design, especially the Exia itself and the Union Flags. I don't know why your bashing V-fins though, I remember getting into a debate with you over "clown feet" on gundams before, I thought they were your big thing against Gundams.

Does anyone know if there's an official english site up yet? I haven't had any luck so far.

Imagine how awkward it would be to show to your friends your new gundam toy. "It's called Unicorn Gundam. Yes it's named after a fictional creature that little girls wants to see and ride. And it's color is not pink! (NTD mode)" :lol:

The prototype was called Donkey Gundam, so be happy with what you have now. :lol:

A UC Gundam show, so let's hope for the best. I'm still waiting to see some actual clips from the Anime.

The prototype was called Donkey Gundam, so be happy with what you have now. :lol:

A UC Gundam show, so let's hope for the best. I'm still waiting to see some actual clips from the Anime.

Hey! don't give them any idea!!

• 2 months later...
That is good, I perfer OVA rather than TV series.

Keep it short and sweet. :)

50 minutes each also means that it won't be too short as a movie would have been. This setup gives it as much time as a trilogy, which is what I had been saying from the start would have been enough space to tell this story sufficiently. I still hope someone translates the novels though. I'd really like to read them.

That is good, I perfer OVA rather than TV series.

Keep it short and sweet. :)

2010年春スタート

OVA 1話50分 全6話

原案: 富野 由悠季・矢立 肇

監督: 古橋 一浩

脚本: むとうやすゆき

キャラクターデザイン原案:安彦 良和

アニメーションキャラクターデザイン:高橋久美子

モビルスーツ原案:大河原 邦男

メカニカルデザイン: カトキハジメ・石垣純哉・玄馬 宣彦

メカニカルデザイン協力: 明貴 美加

設定考証:小倉信也

ストーリー:福井 晴敏

音楽: 澤野 弘之

音楽監督:木村 絵里子

スタッフ陣は、

バナージ・リンクス・・・内山 昴輝

オードリー・バーン・・・藤村 歩

リディ・マーセス・・・浪川 大輔

マリーダ・クルス・・・甲斐田 裕子

フル・フロンタル・・・池田 秀一《---------------------------CV of Char's Counterattack (機動戦士ガンダム 逆襲のシャア)

サイアム・ビスト・・・永井 一郎

タクヤ・イレイ・・・下野 絋

ミコット・バーチ・・・戸松 遥

ミヒロ・オイワッケン・・・豊口 めぐみ

アルベルト・・・高木 渉

アンジェロ・ザウパー・・・柿原 徹也

カーディアス・ビスト・・・菅生 隆之

フラスト・スコール・・・小山 力也

スベロア・ジンネマン・・・手塚 秀彰

ダグザ・マッコール・・・東地 宏樹

090822-gu-1.jpg

090822-gu-2.jpg

090822-gu-3.jpg

090822-gu-4.jpg

090822-gu-5.jpg

090822-gu-6.jpg

Edited by kresphy

I'm not a huge Gundam fan, but out of the UC and AU, the UC always looked much better to me and that trailer looked gorgeous. Looking forward to getting a better view of the animation quality. Struck me as very 80's looking. From the Mikimoto style characters to the 80's style cel shading on everything. Two things I adore.

Looking up at the director worked on in the past. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuhiro_Furuhashi

* Chōjin Locke: Lord Reon (1989; storyboards)

* Ranma ½: Nettō Utagassen (1990; director)

* Ranma ½: Kessen Tōgenkyō! Hanayome wo Torimodose!! (1992; director)

* Taiho Shichauzo (1994-1995; director, storyboards, episode direction)

* Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkyaku Rōmantan: Tsuioku-hen (1999; director)

* Reinō Tantei Miko (2000; director, storyboards)

* Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkyaku Rōmantan: Seisō-hen (2001; director)

It's a bit worry some, I can't say I like any of those animes above. But the Unicorn Gundam animation is looking really good. I can't wait!! ^_^

Cool, I can suck up a 6 part 50 minute OVA series, that's better than having 30 minutes, or 2 hours in 1 flick. Very nice, I'm down.

The only thing that kind of bugs me is that while so many mecha influenced animes are going CG in their animations, Gundam still has not. Hmhmhm.

The only thing that kind of bugs me is that while so many mecha influenced animes are going CG in their animations, Gundam still has not. Hmhmhm.

And thank God for that.

From what what I've seen of the shaky cam trailer, the mecha are oozing a certain lushness and emotion that really pulls you in.

I can do without the sterile CG tech demo that is in Macross Frontier.

Really can't wait for this to land on western shores.

• 2 weeks later...