Last thing I heard that would be a remake of Gundam 0083.

This is a completely false rumor. Bandai has been releasing a bunch of wallpaper of Gundam art with the 30th anniversary logo stamped on it. In the case of 0083, it's new art with "modern" character designs, which fans took to mean a remake. But it's just a picture and nothing more.

Also, since it has come up in this topic (including the OP), any claim that Unicorn is being animated is false. We won't know what the 30th anniversary project is until 00 ends, so any noise about Unicorn is at this point just baseless fan speculation.

Edited by ChrisG

This is a completely false rumor. Bandai has been releasing a bunch of wallpaper of Gundam art with the 30th anniversary logo stamped on it. In the case of 0083, it's new art with "modern" character designs, which fans took to mean a remake. But it's just a picture and nothing more.

Also, since it has come up in this topic (including the OP), any claim that Unicorn is being animated is false. We won't know what the 30th anniversary project is until 00 ends, so any noise about Unicorn is at this point just baseless fan speculation.

Well, I'm glad to hear it's not 0083. As far as Unicorn goes, I don't think anyone's asserting that it's getting animated, just wishing.

Well, I'm glad to hear it's not 0083. As far as Unicorn goes, I don't think anyone's asserting that it's getting animated, just wishing.

The problem is that some people are in fact asserting that an anime adaptation is coming, and that's where the confusion comes in. Just look at the first post in this thread:

Anyone... Reading some information, very limited right now, on the new Gundam Unicorn 0096. So far it is a novel base anime with the anime series in the works or in the process of being made.

Aside from a model kit promo video, there is nothing anime-related involved with Unicorn.

The problem is that some people are in fact asserting that an anime adaptation is coming, and that's where the confusion comes in. Just look at the first post in this thread:

Aside from a model kit promo video, there is nothing anime-related involved with Unicorn.

Ah, you're right, I didn't read the first post carefully. I thought we were just talking about the novel, and wishing an anime'd get made.

Got a link for those wallpapers, I think I would like them..

Taksraven

Le's add some juice to the thread...

Unicorn Gundam and Banshee, I'm pretty sure these images will make you want a new series :)

Quite the opposite.

Those look like all the other gundam things we've been seing for years. Subtle variations here and there, but more of the same.

MSG, and Zeta, and ZZ, and Turn A...now those had some interesting designs. I'd like to see a return to things like Quebleys and Zetas and The Os, and Turn Xs, and Goufs, and all that than more Freedoms/Strikes/generic super gundams.

Kind of sad how fan's most wished for titles are just remakes or animated versions of stories that have already been told.

[...]

Already told, yes, but in a bastardized way which didn't have a lot to do with the original idea, at least concerning First; and that is not kind of sad, it is sad all short: I already explained my point of view in the Gundam Show Thread and I don't feel like explaining it once again, but it's in the very last post of the topic if you're interested in

For Bandai at least, the advantage would be pretty obvious: such remake would probably bring more interest for the original franchise, which in turn would help to sell the rest of it in the various areas of the world which still have to get their own UC releases (like in my country for example...)

Concerning Sentinel, it'll be more appealing once animated, for obvious reasons, expecially if you don't feel like reading poor/amateur english translations

Got a link for those wallpapers, I think I would like them..

Taksraven

The only ones I ever saw were one for 0083 and F91. They're somewhere in my ginormous image folder, but I'm too lazy at the moment to look for them. :mellow: Maybe I can find them after lunch and post them somewhere.

Quite the opposite.

Those look like all the other gundam things we've been seing for years. Subtle variations here and there, but more of the same.

MSG, and Zeta, and ZZ, and Turn A...now those had some interesting designs. I'd like to see a return to things like Quebleys and Zetas and The Os, and Turn Xs, and Goufs, and all that than more Freedoms/Strikes/generic super gundams.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with you. From a visual standpoint, Unicorn in it's "Magenta Fury" mode is too super-robotish for me.

• 3 months later...
Not much seen there, but I got a nice "old school" feel from that. Proper Gundam!

Am the only one who reads "Gundam Unicorn" as "Gundam Unicron"...? :)

wth??? i kept saying "gundam unicron" and thinking of transformers the movie.

Wait, that PV is way old...it's just one of the deals promoting the novels, nothing in there at all signify s that a TV/Movie/OVA is even in the works.

Did you watch it till the end? There's animation that will be used in the new show. And there's also a voice over from Char's seiyuu at the end *hint hint*

quoted From Shiro of Megatokyo forums,

I'm hearing that Unicorn will be a ONA (just like Stargazer), together with animation directors for the first two episodes.

Ep 1 Animation Director :-Kumiko Takahashi &Atsushi Shigeta

Ep 2 Animation Director :- Yuriko Chiba & Eiji Nakata

This was posted by Orochi over on animesuki, and says it's from a very reliable source. Let's just wait for an official announcement first.

Thought I saw Unicron. Nevermind. Could never get that much into Gundam. How does the original hold up in comparison to Macross SDF?

Thought I saw Unicron. Nevermind. Could never get that much into Gundam. How does the original hold up in comparison to Macross SDF?

It's very, very different.

No love triangle, no singing, and no transforming jets.

It's a very good show, though.

roy fokker is based on a character from the original gundam. they are both ladies men.

they both die.

gundam (the original) is boring but they make up for it when you watch the final episode and they finally explain everything. plus, gundam influences every "real" robot show like macross. before that you only had "super" robot show (mazinger, voltron, ect.) nge is a new genre called "super real/real super" robot.

Did you watch it till the end? There's animation that will be used in the new show. And there's also a voice over from Char's seiyuu at the end *hint hint*

Yep....when it comes too UC based Gundam, you hear a lot of Char's Seiyuu doing narration parts, kind of like how Amuro's Seiyuu was not only a narrator in 00, but a character as well.

I mean, that PV is like 4 months old or so if not older. There are several PV's out there and they really just promote the novels.

Yep....when it comes too UC based Gundam, you hear a lot of Char's Seiyuu doing narration parts, kind of like how Amuro's Seiyuu was not only a narrator in 00, but a character as well.

I mean, that PV is like 4 months old or so if not older. There are several PV's out there and they really just promote the novels.

I don't know...i was closely following the developments for Unicorn and the animation shorts was definately new material to me.

Some "reliable" dude on 2chan mentioned few days ago that Unicorn TV series is slated for release by winter 2009. No official news yet.

http://2chan.us/linkblog/2009/05/16/2chgun...-on-tbs-others/

The animation in there I'm sure has been around for a while, I've seen it lots of times before.

When I see a trailer that's all animation and not a few clips here and there with water paint style art fading in and out...then I'll be going "Okay yep, movie!" or whatever.

Imagine how awkward it would be to show to your friends your new gundam toy. "It's called Unicorn Gundam. Yes it's named after a fictional creature that little girls wants to see and ride. And it's color is not pink! (NTD mode)" :lol:

Imagine how awkward it would be to show to your friends your new gundam toy. "It's called Unicorn Gundam. Yes it's named after a fictional creature that little girls wants to see and ride. And it's color is not pink! (NTD mode)" :lol:

To quote Granny Weatherwax:

"See clear! Don't let the glamour get you! See whats in front of your eyes! Its a damn great horse with a horn on the end!"

You going to be the one to tell Amuro Ray and Shin from Area 88 that they play with the My Little Ponies? :)

I don't know much about Shin and i haven't watch Area 88 yet, but i know for sure Amuro's trademark symbol looks like a Unicorn. ^_^ I do think the Unicorn is a noble creature, but people perceive Unicorn as something for young girls. :(

I don't know much about Shin and i haven't watch Area 88 yet, but i know for sure Amuro's trademark symbol looks like a Unicorn. ^_^ I do think the Unicorn is a noble creature, but people perceive Unicorn as something for young girls. :(

Shin has a flaming unicorn symbol as his personal insignia. So not only is he a killer ace pilot, he sets unicorns on fire just to have a cool image. :lol:

It worked well with the Macross Valkyries. Basically they named them after warrior women angels.

It worked well with the Macross Valkyries. Basically they named them after warrior women angels.

Yeah the Valkyries are damn awesome! But Unicorns can be awesome too, like in the animated movie The Last Unicorn where the titular last unicorn fought that flaming bull. I was around 8yrs. old when i first watched it.

Shin has a flaming unicorn symbol as his personal insignia. So not only is he a killer ace pilot, he sets unicorns on fire just to have a cool image. :lol:

:lol::lol: :lol:

You know, I'd been having a pretty crappy day overall, and then I read that. Now everything's better. Thanks!

The Unicorn Gundam is actually one of the few Mobile Suits that I actually like the design of, but only in it's closed mode. I really don't like the open AKA 'diseased running sores' look. :p

Graham

Admit it. You just don't like anything with V-fins. :lol: