1/48 GBP-1S Set

Vostok 7

So, I just got my Woodland Camo 1/48 GBP-1S set from Kev @ Valkyrie-Exchange (couldn't beat $75 for the set!!) and now I'm mad.

Why am I mad?

Because no one ever told me how cool these things are!!!!! The awesome fixed pose hands? The side covers? The huge sticker sheet? The pure awesomeness that is the GBP-1S armor? Oh my, I got it today and looking over the parts was like being in Macross heaven.

Now, will work get over so I can put it on my 1/48 LV2?

Vostok 7

I'd recommend the Urban Camo GBPS if you have a Low Vis 1... screw it, just (IMHO) get the urban camo

I had an LV1 but I sold it. Not a fan of the "Stealth VF-1J". The Urban Camo set sure is cool, though, just don't know how it would look on the LV2 :lol:

Vostok 7

I just got my armor today too!!! It's freaking awesome. I'll have to watch Wizartar's "how to" video to make sure I don't break something the first time around putting it on. :D

It's not hard, I figured it out with just the instructions. Just beware, if your valk has even the slightest hint of loose joints in the legs, this thing will magnify them A LOT! :wacko::blink:

But it sure looks cool!!! Pictures soon.

Vostok 7

I think the GBP-1S is one of my favorite display pieces. It wasn't so when I first got it though. Out of the box, I thought it looked chunky and boring, but after I applied the stickers to it and did some panel lining to bring out the detail better, it transformed into a truly awesome thing. I just have the original, not the urban camo version though. The urban camo one looks pretty cool already without having to do much extra work, I think.

post-10222-1233202581_thumb.jpg

I think the GBP-1S on a VF-1J is just one of those iconic toys that everybody should have. And the bigger the better, so I think the 1/48 scale won't be beat by any future releases.

I expect the 1/60 GBP V.2 to beat it. How?

1. Tampo Printing

2. Weathering (would be nice)

3. Better and more stable attachment so that it can allow for smoother posing

We'll see :)

Pete

The GBP-1S set is really a true work of art. The dimensions are a little wonky, but all in all it is nothing short of awesome. There are so many parts to this that it really amazes me just how intricate and detailed a toy can be.

I love these. I have six in Standard Blue, two in Urban Camo and one in LV II. Now I just need to finish setting up my shop before I can display these.

:rolleyes:

Edited by nightmareB4macross

common vostok you need to have the gbp 1s urban camo with the 1:48 vf1s roy fokker is the best valkrye that match with.....buy it buy it buy it ^_^;)

How did you manage to resist the US$50 deal for the GBP? :rolleyes:

I know I couldn't. :ph34r:

P.S. Ah, that's why the fins are now foldable.

the only thing that put me off from buying the 1/48 GBP for my 1J are the leg armor/s... too bulky indeed, otherwise it looks great... hope the new 1/60 will look better w/ the thinner legs + foldable fins.
Edited by ff95gj

How did you manage to resist the US$50 deal for the GBP? :rolleyes:

I know I couldn't. :ph34r:

P.S. Ah, that's why the fins are now foldable.

it went on sale here locally for around $65 (and ver.1 1/60 1J w/ GBP for $40 :blink: )... but the OCD corner of my brain just couldn't take the chunky leg armors :wacko:... i'm patient anyways, so i'll just wait for the 1/60 ver. for my 1/60 1J... ^_^

EDIT - i want it to look like the gasha in the middle of the pic below... :)

pic link

Edited by m0n5t3r

whats OCD?

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. A case example would be when a panel doesn't line up just right on your valkyrie, you can't fix it no matter what you try, and it drives you NUTS. Or when transforming things look like crap in certain modes but great in others and it drives you bonkers every time you look at them.

Vostok 7

it went on sale here locally for around $65 (and ver.1 1/60 1J w/ GBP for $40 :blink: )... but the OCD corner of my brain just couldn't take the chunky leg armors :wacko:...

You just need the proper "accessory" to make the leg armor all sorts of awesome ;) : Link.

Well, I think Yamato has made me OCD. Them and Bandai.

Before Yamato's Valkyrie and Bandai's Gundam models, all I had was Transformers. Now, it's hard to look at even the "better" Transformers lines without thinking "that is so icky poo!"

Heck - I'm even annoyed that my Masterpiece seekers don't have nice cockpits, but rather these hollow areas behind the pilot's chair - and not screen or controls.

What's with that? :)

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Just put this guy together, a new 1/48 Focker with the Urban Camo GBP-1S. Combined both stickers sheets as well to get the most details out of this design. While I encountered some QC issues (like usual <_< ), this turn out to be my current favorite incarnation of the VF-1. Can't believe I currently like this more than my favorite anime color GBP with 1J. The colors and camo pattern on this just add a lot more contrast to the figure, without being too loud. Picked more yellow colored stickers to echo the paint scheme. Really loving this one, even though the whole thing really needs something to support it to stand right, thanks to the brand new wobbly knee ratchets of this particular 1S.

UrbanCamoVF1S.jpg

Heh, and did this quick photoshop mock-up ad for my boy. ^_^