Yamato stands

EXO

Someone sent me these pics... hopefully they're equal to the cost of the Bandai stands and I love that they are stackable... I'm gonna get a bunch of these if they are not too expensive, at least hold up 1/60 VF-1 v.2s.

I dont see the gun for the 1/60 though

sadly it doesn't look too sturdy... but i guess it's better to have proper yamato parts to fit valks than the gundam stands...

and even when they're stackable.. you can't put anything but revoltech's in between them.... not sure what i would put in there to display...

yea, a SV-51 might just topple that thing. Looks a little flimsy. The other thing is that I'm pretty sure that even a 1/60 yammie, if balanced, will be too large to position on a lower tier, because it'll obstruct the columns around it.

However, if its cheap enough, I'd want to put a 1/60 version of each plane on the mounting arm and its respective GNU battroid underneath.

Also, they really shoulda sold something like this with their GNUs... having a figure without a stand to pose it on is kinda dumb. I didn't mind them cutting out super packs as much as that.

Edited by Cent

If they really are under $20US a piece I might order 1 or 2 with my next valk order to try them out. Hopefully my flexi stands ship this week...... ^_^

I'd definitely get one to display v.2 1/60 VF-1s but first I'd like to know if it can support the figure in all 3 modes w/ super parts. The low price and clear plastic make it much more desirable to me than the pricey launch arm display stand. It's an added bonus that it can be used for other types of figures as well.

Edited by IXTL

May get a few, but the base + stand is $30... Getting 2 Flexidisplays is around that price. Regardless, one or two wouldn't hurt, but they're not going to replace the Flexis at that price.

Edited by Cent

Is it supposed to be compatible with the existing connectors that come with many of yamato's valks or are you stuck with using the pieces that come with the stand?

Also, I wonder what the red text mentioning the 1/60 YF-21 and SV-51 is saying. Something comparing these stands with the ones that come with those toys?

Is it supposed to be compatible with the existing connectors that come with many of yamato's valks or are you stuck with using the pieces that come with the stand?

Also, I wonder what the red text mentioning the 1/60 YF-21 and SV-51 is saying. Something comparing these stands with the ones that come with those toys?

Some additional info from 1999.co.jp which might answer your questions:

Info in Japanese

Info in Engrish

- It corresponds to "Attachment for Macrosstand". 1/60VF-1 can also decorate the Battiri. It is attached in Macrosstand and attached to the commodity since various attachments of the attachment and "1/60VF-0" of connected parts corresponding to a special attachment of the attachment. It is fit in the display of latest "1/60VF-1 series".

The Engrish makes it a little hard to understand but it seems to say that it can use the connectors provided with 1/60 Macross figures from VF-0 onwards and that the stand works best for the v.2 1/60 VF-1 series.

- It non-corresponds to 1/60YF-21 and SV-51. Moreover, it might not be able to be a display by the size and the form of the item.
Edited by IXTL

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the version 1's of the VF-0 line has that issue. I think some of the VF-0As had it too. All of the VF-0S V.1 has that problem.

Its to do with the gap between the intakes and the body of the plane that leads to a drooping fuselage when the nose section is not being directly held up.

Edited by Cent

Tough call, they're pretty simple, I'd buy 'em if they wer elike as cheap as the Bandai stands, but atleast these work better since they're purpose is for Yamato toys....but then I'd be a tad bummed spending 40 dollars on stands for most of my collection.

$1554yen is like $20Can. That's pleny cheap enough for me. I just bought the set of 3 flexi stands for $45US so at $20Can that's perfect for me. I like the semi clear plastic as it dosen't distrack like the Yamato Chrome wonder that I have. <_<

FYI I also really like the flexi stands too.....at least I will need to buy a few more valks before I need new stands. :lol:

Edited by logos