Macross II Lovers Again (Sequel)

ruskiiVFaussie

Choose one for fun,  

55 members have voted

1. 1. If you like, please include reasons. No flame war please, play nice.

• Da!
    • Niet...

I'd love to see Feff and Ishtar again, how about a Marduk heavy movie/ova(series??) and give the humans a rest lol.

Of course include humans, like peace keepers helping the Marduk on their new mission of re-building the Marduk race and culture.

Bring back Nexx, Hibiki and Silvie. Give them their own capital cruiser, with fancy high-end VF's fighting along side variable Meltran and Zentran mecha and of course Gilgamesh..

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

cool, i didn't know that! What ends up happening?

I haven't read it, but it's up at macrosshare, if you want to check it out.

I'm not sure how official it is, though...it was made in America, and I'm not sure it was exported back to Japan.

And to answer the opening question...I wouldn't be terribly excited to see a MacII sequel, but I wouldn't be terribly excited about seeing a direct sequel to ANY Macross series. Keep pushing forward, Studio Nue, keep pushing forward...

Who isn't? Rrrrooowwrr!

I'm not :) I don't even know what she looks like.

Since we're on the subject of Macross II... other than the NUNS - is there anything (aka scenes/looks/climate/aesthetic) from Macross II that made it into Frontier? I haven't seen MII, mind you, and don't particularly want to - but just wondering.

Pete

Since we're on the subject of Macross II... other than the NUNS - is there anything (aka scenes/looks/climate/aesthetic) from Macross II that made it into Frontier? I haven't seen MII, mind you, and don't particularly want to - but just wondering.

Pete

well considering how much Macross II copies DYRL, any time they reference something from DYRL in Frontier, you could construe that to be from MacII as well.

and Ishtar in the slave Leia-esque Emulator outfit is undeniably hot.

Macross.II.1.JPG

Go Mikimoto!

also there was the mistery fighter from the galaxy fleet which some people will tell you is the VF-2SS WHICH IT'S NOT!!!

Pete

I wouldn't be so pressured into staying away from Macross II, be your own man and check it out to make up your own mind. :p

Ishtar is probably the hottest Macross chick out there, innocent and very cute, right up your alley Mr Lingerie. Feff (Ishtar's man) is badass.

I haven't read it, but it's up at macrosshare, if you want to check it out.

I'm not sure how official it is, though...it was made in America, and I'm not sure it was exported back to Japan.

And to answer the opening question...I wouldn't be terribly excited to see a MacII sequel, but I wouldn't be terribly excited about seeing a direct sequel to ANY Macross series. Keep pushing forward, Studio Nue, keep pushing forward...

By all means keep pushing forward! :D I'm only asking for a small OVA series.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

But if Macross II is a sequal to DYRL, and Macross II also completely rips off the story structure of DYRL nearly scene for scene, then wouldn't a sequal to Macross II be Macross II?

:)

Sigh, come on Keith. =( Where's the third race in DYRL? that we're introduced to? Where's the news reporter as the main character? Where's the new fighter? Where are the mind controlled Zentraedi? Where are the Macross Cannon Class type ships? Where's the Zentraedi emulator? Where do we see a destroyed/bombarded earth in Macross II? Where's the population living in space, onboard a ship, in Macross II? Where's the Protoculture city in II? There's been a 'damsel in distress' in Zero, Plus, Frontier, as well as II. Zero, Plus, Frontier, and II all have established characters who have died. All use love, song, war, and Valkyries. Should we consider Zero, Plus, and Frontier rehashes of SDF Macross? :rolleyes:

I would LOVE to see more about II. I voted Da!

I'd love to see Feff and Ishtar again, how about a Marduk heavy movie/ova(series??) and give the humans a rest lol.

Of course include humans, like peace keepers helping the Marduk on their new mission of re-building the Marduk race and culture.

Bring back Nexx, Hibiki and Silvie. Give them their own capital cruiser, with fancy high-end VF's fighting along side variable Meltran and Zentran mecha and of course Gilgamesh..

People here have probably poked fun at this one before. Not really a Macross 2 sequel, but this website uses material from Macross 2 to create a 4th Robotech war, with the Marduk attacking earth in 2082. Great idea eh........

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Spa/5972/mecha.html

Gotta love the RT maniacs, they can pick and choose whatever they want from proper (or alternative) Macross canon and try to incorporate it into a future for RT.

Should be laws against this crap.

Taksraven

People here have probably poked fun at this one before. Not really a Macross 2 sequel, but this website uses material from Macross 2 to create a 4th Robotech war, with the Marduk attacking earth in 2082. Great idea eh........

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Spa/5972/mecha.html

Gotta love the RT maniacs, they can pick and choose whatever they want from proper (or alternative) Macross canon and try to incorporate it into a future for RT.

Should be laws against this crap.

Taksraven

Man, they even include Gundam? Seriously lame.

More generally, I have to say that I agree with everyone who's talked about how great Ishtar looks.

Macross II had some excellent character designs. Hibiki is kind of generic, but everyone else is awesome.

Hmm, Macross II was curiously left out of the HD remaster fest last year, that in itself speaks volums of its chances of seeing a sequel.

I don't think anyone is saying it's possibility...the OP was just asking if people wanted to see it. There are lots of things that I'd love to see that no one will ever make. That doesn't stop me from wanting to see 'em.

There are much better shots of Ishtar than that.

The most generous comment I can make about that one is:

"24th Century Fitness Exercise Video" Ah-1! AH-2! Ah-1-2-3! Flex those abs! Burn those cals! Come on ladies - let's get rid of those thunder thighs!"

Pete

Man, they even include Gundam? Seriously lame.

More generally, I have to say that I agree with everyone who's talked about how great Ishtar looks.

Macross II had some excellent character designs. Hibiki is kind of generic, but everyone else is awesome.

Christ, I hadn't noticed the Gundam as well. How about this quote from the website to make the blood boil......

Welcome to the 4th Robotech War RPG Center. Our purpose here is to provide a detailed roleplaying environment by combining the original Robotech Storyline with the latest additions to the Macross Universe (Macross 7, Plus, and Macross II and a few others) along with the powerful mobile suits from Mobile Suit Gundam. While not combining all the aspects of the aforementioned series storyline's, some of it is retained in one form or another. In addition there is also a new edition of rules to amend the poorly constructed rules of the Palladium Megaverse system. Enjoy you're stay and have fun.

Sure, I know that it is really just a guy who wants to play some stupid D&D's, but it is still really dumb and insulting. Should dob him in to Bandai or HG so they can serve him with a cease and desist. The page looks pretty abandoned though.

Taksraven

"24th Century Fitness Exercise Video" Ah-1! AH-2! Ah-1-2-3! Flex those abs! Burn those cals! Come on ladies - let's get rid of those thunder thighs!"

Pete

between this and your comments in the 1:8 ranka figure thread, I've learned so much about you I wish I hadn't.

Pete

Hey now, those are quite healthy thighs, you just can't appreciate curves!

OMFG I FINALLY PROGRESSED PAST MACROSS II SURVIVOR, IT FEELS LIKE IT'S BEEN THERE FOR YEARS!!!

Edited by Keith

I doubt there would ever be a sequel to Macross II, but there is an extended storyline available through the five novels, specifically books three and four. Part of the story includes a Chinese mafia run by Minmay's "grandson," but it's revealed that Minmay never had children. It's been years since I've read these books, but they weren't bad and I've never been a Macross II hater. Except the general storyline, Macross II had nice character designs and Mikimoto did some awesome illustrations for the series.