Megahouse Ranka in swimsuit 1:8 figure

CF18

More new Macross frontier figures from MegaHouse here.

post-509-1232660916_thumb.jpg

OMG CUTE! 0.0

it's nice to know Megahouse is doing more macross figures (there work is some of the best out there). First we got micro Klan, now Ranka, when they going to be done with the loli's and get to some real women. I want to see sheryl and her hopes and dreams, I know Megahouse is good at that kind of stuff, I've seen them do it before.

also Grace and her despair and nightmares would be nice too.

Hmm might get one, but i just gotta ask,

WHY NOT SHERYL swimsuit!!!!

Hope this isn't going to be a Nadesico thing where that loli chick (whatshername) has more figs of her than of the more buxsom sheilas (like 10 other chicks)

there's more Ruri figures than anyone else because she's the most popular. (and most of those figures are of her as she appears when she's about 17 so technically not loli)

:edit: by the way, what we really need is Sheryl from episode 3 with anime accurate cast off... :o

Edited by anime52k8

Grace was one of the sexiest women in Frontier. Too bad they had to turn her into a neurotic psychopathic bitch

I found Grace to be about as sexually appealing as generic female accountant whose personal life revolves around counting assets in the dead of the night.

I think she was the perfect "sleeper villain" - insofar as she was such a bit of wallpaper as to hardly have made a connection as a character. When she turned out to be the villain, I wasn't like "oh no! Hot sexy wonderful Grace is evil?" - but rather like: "Huh? That seemingly unimportant rock behind the garbage can from episode three has suddenly morphed into one of the main characters from the cast?"

I found her male-disguise (didn't know it was her then) to be more interesting as a character and half hoped that he (turns out she) would be developed more as some kind of spy (although - the dress code and dark glasses kind of gave him/her away:) )...

But...anyways...sexually appealing? Grace? Nope. Sheryl was good looking, Ranka was utterly gorgeous, Klan-Klan I just didn't like (this actually makes three for three. None of the "big" Zendradi have ever been in my "wow what a babe" list - not Milia, not Emilia, not Klan - just something too perfect/bio-engineered about them)... And Grace, who is ultimately AI also did not appeal to me.

Hm... seems to be a pattern here. Bio-genetically engineered women and android-women do not arouse me sexually. Ergo: every woman who I don't find super attractive MUST therefore either be an android, or be bio-engineered :)

I guess I like natural girls :)

Pete

I guess they just wanted to do something that wasn't so obvious. The Monster-pose is a good candidate. It threw me at first until someone pointed out where it came from.

I like it.

I'm a Ranka fan.

I'll get it.

And now here comes the real question: Is she taking her bra off? ....or...is she having trouble putting it on? :)

Knowing our little munchkin - I'd wager that Ranka had trouble clipping/fastening the bra and was stumbling her way through the process - and maybe the artist decided to capture her that way, rather than wait for it to be fastened.

It's a very good character piece, in this sense, because it shows how so much of her cuteness flows from her clumsiness :)

Pete

Given that this is nose-art, the intention is probably that she is taking her bra off.

Ranka - Funny cute

Klan Klan - Just funny

Macro Klan - Uh... Not funny. Not really cute. Just overdone.

Sheryl - Pretty

Grace - Hot, better mannered Sheryl, complete with tentacles. It's not even fair!

Ram - Hot

Guys - I wrote the post about the 1:1 inflatable Misa :) And I think you should take it just as seriously as my post about the Yamato VT-1 coming with a 1:1 inflatable Minmey with built in oral massage motor mechanism :)

Pete

Nooooo! SK just made his worst retcon ever! He retconned the underwear into the picture on the lower left corner!

I honestly think the undies were always cannon. It's just that the string is so thin that you can't see it at an angle in the screne shots we get from the series :)

However - it is true that this is an urgent and important issue. We should dedicate more time and effort to the burning question of whether the undies are cannon or not.

It'll make or break whether this statue is a viable collectors item.

Pete

I honestly think the undies were always cannon. It's just that the string is so thin that you can't see it at an angle in the screne shots we get from the series :)

However - it is true that this is an urgent and important issue. We should dedicate more time and effort to the burning question of whether the undies are cannon or not.

It'll make or break whether this statue is a viable collectors item.

Pete

I would say that in this case, less is more ;)

Well it was more innocent [just a teensy bit] when it was in 2D form..I don'y think it was intedned as statue subject by any means. Not that I understand how Ozma approved of it in the show. (And maybe slightly OT, was Ozma the Quarter's CAG? I didn't think he was more than the squadron leader...)

Well it was more innocent [just a teensy bit] when it was in 2D form..I don'y think it was intedned as statue subject by any means. Not that I understand how Ozma approved of it in the show. (And maybe slightly OT, was Ozma the Quarter's CAG? I didn't think he was more than the squadron leader...)

1: It's tradition to make the best pilot (At the beginning) the CAG.

2: It's tradition to make Yellow the CAG.

3: He's the leader of the only VF squadron stationed on the carrier, thus the CAG.

4: He's also the leader of the only VF Air Team on the carrier.

Honestly, I don't care how loli Ranka is, that's a tradition in Macross.

..... Minmay was not flat. At least.. Thats not how I remember her. I don't even think drawing lolis was popular then.

Mylene wasn't loli either.

Mao was loli for sure... But she wasn't the main war-altering singer, that was Sara.

..... Minmay was not flat. At least.. Thats not how I remember her. I don't even think drawing lolis was popular then.

Mylene wasn't loli either.

Mao was loli for sure... But she wasn't the main war-altering singer, that was Sara.

if ur definition of loli is liking flat-chested/prepubescent girls, regardless of age that's true (which is probably how most define it; ex. kodomo no jikan is prob a series that most people would associate as loli)...but for me i guess the age still matters...but with anime, it of course a little more removed from reality. plus in anime the way characters interact, it makes you forget they're actually supposed to be teenagers.

As for Mylene, don't get me wrong, she's one of my favorite macross characters, but I dunno some of the official art and even the end themes my friends and dakedo baby had pretty suggestive images for someone that's supposed to be 14..that was something that really struck me when the series came out years ago when i was in highschool...then again it depends how you define loli and certainly mylene was not drawn to look child like...but she did act a little childish sometimes...

edit -

i guess with my initial post i probably should have added that for the most part every macross series has always had a young female main character, who is sometimes subject to some fan service- so perhaps loli is not the right word to use here...

Edited by em.gg