VF-25S neck modification

physioguy

post-917-1232270327_thumb.jpg post-917-1232270336_thumb.jpg

I was working on a custom Yamato VF-11B g-nu-dou but totally wrecked it, so i was sorting through the extra parts. If you replace the neck of the VF-25S with the hip joint of the yamato Macross g-nu-dou figures, you get a longer neck. Truly, it's just slightly too long, IMO, but it's way better than the too short production version!

Oh yea! The lasers ARE straight. How did you manage to get them that way, or is it just luck of the draw? Sharp eyes, Pete.

The lasers are straight but they took a few days to get that way. I popped the head off, and then with a hairdryer (on low heat first) I got them to straighten out. (I'm sure they came from the factory molds like that, so it just needs some heat to return to the original shape). But carefel not to use too high heat or the soft plastic will melt. Just be patient... and also don't mess around with them too much when they're warm. A few days after that i did it again and gently worked the 1 stuborn one straight.

And for the other question, no, I just transformed it like it is supposed to, but the 25S has a few vertebrae missing is all.

Yes those are very nice straight lasers. I'll do that if I can get one.

Although if you position the neck at an angle, you'll find that the

Pieces around it will accomidate it and lock the base of the neck in place.

I think the instructions are wrong. The head may still look stubby

Because of the size of the head, but I,ve yet to see it in that position.

The lasers are straight but they took a few days to get that way. I popped the head off, and then with a hairdryer (on low heat first) I got them to straighten out. (I'm sure they came from the factory molds like that, so it just needs some heat to return to the original shape). But carefel not to use too high heat or the soft plastic will melt. Just be patient... and also don't mess around with them too much when they're warm. A few days after that i did it again and gently worked the 1 stuborn one straight.

And for the other question, no, I just transformed it like it is supposed to, but the 25S has a few vertebrae missing is all.

Thanks... did you have to dissemble to head, pull off the laser turrets and heat them individually or anything?

Thanks... did you have to dissemble to head, pull off the laser turrets and heat them individually or anything?

Nope, just popped the head off the neck, held the head on my fingertip, and used the hairdryer (just don't melt them) you'll see the lasers start to move and reposition more straight.

I've just gotten my VF-25F 1/60 model myself the other day in the mail. overall the model is b*tch'n - one of the BEST valkyrie model kits I ever got.

I notice the neck is short as you said. If I may ask, Negotiator, if I flip the neck up to that angle as you have illustrated, will that make the neck look better. Will the head still be able to look upwards? As well as downwords now?

I've just gotten my VF-25F 1/60 model myself the other day in the mail. overall the model is b*tch'n - one of the BEST valkyrie model kits I ever got.

I notice the neck is short as you said. If I may ask, Negotiator, if I flip the neck up to that angle as you have illustrated, will that make the neck look better. Will the head still be able to look upwards? As well as downwords now?

these are the 1/60 toy. the model is 1/72. but if you have the toy, i think it looks better

and the head can look up and down. youll see the base of the neck will hold the position

and not flop around. hope that helps.

post-917-1232270327_thumb.jpg post-917-1232270336_thumb.jpg

I was working on a custom Yamato VF-11B g-nu-dou but totally wrecked it, so i was sorting through the extra parts. If you replace the neck of the VF-25S with the hip joint of the yamato Macross g-nu-dou figures, you get a longer neck. Truly, it's just slightly too long, IMO, but it's way better than the too short production version!

Looks good!! do you need to remove the "neck" to transform it to fighter?