Tomahawk's Pinup

cool8or

Hi guys.

I'm building a Tomahawk model kit, Moscato version. Searching ilustrations to see color schemes and decals, I found in the Macross World gallery section, these pictures about the Arii's version:

ar-301-12box.jpg

ar301-12b.jpg

As you can see, and according with the boxart, in the final model there are a Pinup of a girl seemed to "Vampirella" in the left leg:

vampirellapinupredimensid3.png ar30112b2redimensionar5re6.jpg

Does anybody have this model kit? Can you please post a scan of this pinup? Or a higher resolution scan of the boxart... (I'm begging you!!)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by cool8or

Hi guys.

I'm building a Tomahawk model kit, Moscato version. Searching ilustrations to see color schemes and decals, I found in the Macross World gallery section, these pictures about the Arii's version:

ar-301-12box.jpg

ar301-12b.jpg

As you can see, and according with the boxart, in the final model there are a Pinup of a girl seemed to "Vampirella" in the left leg:

vampirellapinupredimensid3.png ar30112b2redimensionar5re6.jpg

Does anybody have this model kit? Can you please post a scan of this pinup? Or a higher resolution scan of the boxart... (I'm begging you!!)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey Cool8or,

Well I consider myself somewhat of a big fan of the Tomahawk. I have built my kit, 8) have another kits but parts are missing 8( Somone sold it to me with missing parts. but here is some pics of the first one I did.

FYI the Cartoon picture of the Phalax is the correct "Tan" Color you want to use. Its not the correct color for the Phalanx but really great for the Tommy. Please disregard the color of the Yellowish Cartoon picture of the Tomahawk. it is totally wrong!! I only gave that so you can see what it looked like body and style from the Cartoon Only. Use the Phalanx color for your Paint job.

Also the Missile doors are Brown. More like a Camo Dark Brown. If you can find a good Darker Kaki that would do you just fine for main body paint color.

For Decals look on starship modeler for Cheesecake Decals if you want some decent Women Pinup art. Their is SOOO Many to chooose from. Thats how I got the Indian women on the front leg. I used a Indian Head from a P-47 Model kit to represent a "Tomahawk" Just kind of a touch I did to give it an affect you may want.

NOTE: The Missiles on MY Tomahawk are VERY VERY VERY VERY WRONG!! I am going to have to Repaint them. I dont know what the hell I was thinking giving them Red Tipps. Look at the pic of the 1/60 Yamato I have placed down here. THATS what they should look like and I am going to re do my Tomahawk Missiles Very soon.

Johns Kit is the Best Tommy kit we have ever had, so take your time and enjoy it. You will never see them again 8( Maybe, but I doubt it.

Oh for those who are asking why my feet are Orange/Red Dust? I like to Theme my kits, This Tomahawk is from the Mars Battle. Hence the Red Mars Dust on the legs :D

I am really anal when it comes to making my Kits Accurate. So Keep doing research before you start painting. FYI Faceplates on Tomahawks are Green, NOT RED! No idea I have never seen that on any of the Cartoons. ONLY Green! :lol: Look at the cartoon shots? They are Green!! Even the cover with the busted up Tommy. OH yeah I am doing that one next!! Just wait until I get my stuff out here in Cali. You going to see a PHAT busted up Tommy. I am prob going to use the Wave Kit for that. Not one of Johns.

I have also included the render of my Destroid Decals that I made. If you like to make your own decals, You can print these out on White decal Paper. Please Feel free to use them for your Kit. Or Anyone from Macross World. You can see mine on my Tomahawk. If you notice I also made my own Kill markings 8)

Hope this helps, I have lots of more things if you need them.

I also have Johns Instructions for the kit :lol:

post-1578-1232262772_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1232262783_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1232262819_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1232262825_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1232262839_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1232262847_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1232263376_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1232263476_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1232263525_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ranger565

A lot of the pin up art for the models can be found in the Macross Model World book.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/...s_hobbyhand.htm

This particular one is not in there though. I know a bunch of the Artland pinup art can also be found in Artmic Designs Works, so maybe its there. My book is packed away, so maybe someone else has it handy?

didnt Anazasi make a decal set with many of the pinups on including Minmay

yeah, I'm like 90% certain that he did that very pinup. I'm also pretty sure they were for the 1/48th GBP-1S armor so I'm not sure if they would fit on the 1/72 model, I totally forget right now what's the best way to get decals from him now though.

Guys, thank you very much for try to help me. :)

Ranger565:

Actually, I'm finishing both models (Tomahawk & Phalanx), so there are already painted. For Tomahawk, I used the Model Master's color #2136 (US Army/Marines Gulf Armor Sand), and for Phalanx, the color #2137 (British Gulf Armor Light Stone), so there is a little late to follow your color advices... but I really appreciate it. Anyway, I'm happy with those colors. :)

About missiles, yes, I'm painting it all white, and the doors were painted brown. Also, I saw some captures from the cartoon, and I observed the green faceplates, as you said, in all the episodes. But thank you again for your tips!!

Totoro242:

Thank you very much for that tip. I downloaded that book from somewhere (I'd like to purchase it, but that old book is not available anywhere!), and yes, there are too many interesting and "official" pinups. In fact, I decide to use this Apache pinup instead Vampirella:

Appeared in the book:

tomahawkpinupid3.jpg

After restauration:

tomahawkpinupfinalqu5.jpg

MechTech:

Thank you very much my friend, I really appreciate your generosity, but I really like the Apache pinup! :p

Edited by cool8or

No sweat! I love that book. Some of the emblems look dumb, but some look awesome. I think the ones for the Monster look bad. I was thinking of getting a BIG woman in a bikini holding two big cannon barrels. The title would say "BIG guns." ^_^ - -MT

If you want the Vamp pinup just ask John who did the decals forhis resin tomahawk. Th3e Vamp Emblem was included in the decal sheet

Hi HWR!

I have that decal sheet, but that "Vamp" character is not the same that you can see in the boxart that I posted. If you look carefully, the Moscato's version don't use the typical Vampirella Costume:

Moscato Vamp:

vampel2.jpg

Arii's Boxart Vamp:

vampirellapinupredimensid3.png

Vampirella Costume (this is the most similar picture according with the pinup that I found) :

vampi2.jpg

What you you think guys? Which one would do you prefer in your model? The Apache Indian or The Arii's Vamp? :unsure:

Edited by cool8or

Hi HWR!

I have that decal sheet, but that "Vamp" character is not the same that you can see in the boxart that I posted. If you look carefully, the Moscato's version don't use the typical Vampirella Costume:

Moscato Vamp:

vampel2.jpg

Arii's Boxart Vamp:

vampirellapinupredimensid3.png

Vampirella Costume (this is the most similar picture according with the pinup that I found) :

vampi2.jpg

What you you think guys? Which one would do you prefer in your model? The Apache Indian or The Arii's Vamp? :unsure:

I'd go for the Apache, just cuz he's holding a Tomahawk ;)

Not to hijack but since this thread is about emblems and markings. Does anyone remember the "super Ostrich" emblem someone made a while back? Im looking for it to put on the base for my VT-1. It was a cartoony running ostrich with a red cape on it. I know its on the forums but my searches are coming up blank.

I'd go for the Apache, just cuz he's holding a Tomahawk ;)

You know what? I nerver realize that a Tomahawk were that weapon!! :p (remember that I speak spanish)

So, I think that the Apache is actually the better option. B)) Thanks for the tip Edwin!!

Edited by cool8or