Locations and Status of Super Long Range Emigration Fleets 01 to 55

sketchley

Could be, but couldn't it also mean "Galaxy Fleet Tour"?

Presuming that it could be (a tour of the Galaxy), wouldn't it make more sense for the passengers to be in a larger vessel, such as the civilian ship Myung uses in Macross Plus to be transported to Earth? From a passenger comfort point of view, it doesn't make much sense to have a hundred or so paying customers couped up in a small cabin for a multi-day or multi-month journey, right?

From consideration of that, and my having read somewhere that the Macross Galaxy Fleet was close enough to allow regular transport flights between the two fleets, I am of the understanding that that particular flight originated from the Macross Galaxy Fleet. (Again, I have to stess that I'm probably basing this on info that I read in Japanese...)

I am open to agreeing that the Macross Galaxy Fleet is (just) outside of the Segittarius Arm and the Macross Frontier fleet is (just) inside of the arm.

The episode 15 recap mentioned it had been a several month tour, and in her conversations with Alto in episodes 5 and 6(and also in her official blog, if you want to count that), Sheryl said she'd been to a number of other fleets during the tour, and that she was finally going to see Galaxy again for the first time since the tour began. It seemed pretty clear she hadn't been home in a good while.

It's possible however that the particular vessel she was on wasn't the one she had been on for the whole tour: even a large production like her own might often be better off chartering space in whatever vessel is going that way rather than in hiring one for the whole trip, and if that's the case this could have been a short to midrange starliner that was going to Galaxy by way of Frontier anyway.

Further, it appears that long fold journeys, especially where travel is difficult, seem to manifest via time dilation: it might be a two week journey by terms of the outside world, but for the travellers it is a matter of hours. This would make long distance travel easier from a passenger perspective since you wouldn't need a ship you actually have to live on long, just there's the fact that the round trip will have days or months pass for everyone else.

All in all though, it's hard to be sure what the difficulty is of long-distance travel in the mid 21st century Macross universe. I get the impression that long distance passenger travel is doable in reasonable time and expense but not a casual thing, given Basara's travels and Sheryl's tour. By contrast a colony fleet takes years to cross the galaxy, but largely because it is blazing much of its own trail, and is hauling millions of people and all the materials they need to survive indefinitely and to settle a new world.

Could be, but couldn't it also mean "Galaxy Fleet Tour"?

Presuming that it could be (a tour of the Galaxy), wouldn't it make more sense for the passengers to be in a larger vessel, such as the civilian ship Myung uses in Macross Plus to be transported to Earth? From a passenger comfort point of view, it doesn't make much sense to have a hundred or so paying customers couped up in a small cabin for a multi-day or multi-month journey, right?

From consideration of that, and my having read somewhere that the Macross Galaxy Fleet was close enough to allow regular transport flights between the two fleets, I am of the understanding that that particular flight originated from the Macross Galaxy Fleet. (Again, I have to stess that I'm probably basing this on info that I read in Japanese...)

I am open to agreeing that the Macross Galaxy Fleet is (just) outside of the Segittarius Arm and the Macross Frontier fleet is (just) inside of the arm.

Well, again, it could be that the source (other than galaxy) is just outside the arm, with Frontier just inside of it.

Or it could be that before going to Frontier, they made a stop on the Galaxy which was just outside the arm...

If you find that source again, let me know, would love some clarity

No.

Yes, there has been 30 Megaroad Class Fleets, but there has not been 25 New Macross Class fleets.

There have been 25 Super Long Range Emigration fleets with a Battle class Transforming Stealth Space Carrier (I think that's the correct term for them, not checking my notes here) indicated as existing in Macross, to date. Of those 25 fleets, some have been the New Macross Class, some have been the Island Cluster Class, and some have been other class(es). For example, the Macross Galaxy Fleet is neither the New Macross Class nor the Island Cluster Class.

For further info, see: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/index.php?topic=2017.0 (specifically Emigration Fleets and Super Long Range Emigration Ship Types and Fleet Composition.)

that kind of misses my point though. I haven't really bothered to read up on all the naming off all the different colony classes, so when I say NMC I'm talking about anything with a battle carrier connected to it. (seperating the Island from city fleets just makes things more confusing since it does nothing to address things like the Galaxy which is referred to as Island within the show even though it uses a completely unique setup, or the 11 which appears to be some sort of hybrid fleet.)

anyways I wasn't sepperating out the Islands from cities because my point is about the Battle sections anyways.

what I'm taking about is that based on what we've seen, all battle sections have been numbered in secession whether they hook up to a NMC or an Island or something else. now, if some fleets like the macross 5 have more than multiple NMC's with Multiple battle sections, how does that effect the numbering?

were they all named Macross 5, and there are actually 3 Battle 5's and 3 city 5's? were the extra ships not numbered? Maybe the Macross 5 fleet actually consisted of NMC 4, 5 and 6; so does that mean that there were No Macross 4 or 6 fleets, thus meaning that there were less than 25 SLRE's? Or maybe the Macross 5 fleet was actually the Macross fleets 4, 5, and 6 sailing together with Macross 5 acting as the lead.

the way they number it just makes it seem like they need to have 1 and only 1 battle carrier for every fleet, and the battle carriers are used ONLY for fleets.

what I'm taking about is that based on what we've seen, all battle sections have been numbered in secession whether they hook up to a NMC or an Island or something else. now, if some fleets like the macross 5 have more than multiple NMC's with Multiple battle sections, how does that effect the numbering?

were they all named Macross 5, and there are actually 3 Battle 5's and 3 city 5's? were the extra ships not numbered? Maybe the Macross 5 fleet actually consisted of NMC 4, 5 and 6; so does that mean that there were No Macross 4 or 6 fleets, thus meaning that there were less than 25 SLRE's? Or maybe the Macross 5 fleet was actually the Macross fleets 4, 5, and 6 sailing together with Macross 5 acting as the lead.

the way they number it just makes it seem like they need to have 1 and only 1 battle carrier for every fleet, and the battle carriers are used ONLY for fleets.

As I said earlier:

I've translated the Chronicle sheet on the Macross 5 fleet (now, if only I can make time to type it up...) It's neither an animation error nor additional fleets combined into one. There is 1, and only 1 set of "City 5 & Battle 5", with more than one ship (I believe the term used is "a plurality") of similar designed [shaped] ships in the fleet (going by the animation, that would be 2) in the fleet.

There is no further information on them (that I have come across) and they are not identified as being part of the numbering (nor are they indicated as being not part, but the implied meaning is that they are not part of the numbering, and are simply copies of the 5th New Macross Class combined ship.)

Further, it appears that long fold journeys, especially where travel is difficult, seem to manifest via time dilation: it might be a two week journey by terms of the outside world, but for the travellers it is a matter of hours. This would make long distance travel easier from a passenger perspective since you wouldn't need a ship you actually have to live on long, just there's the fact that the round trip will have days or months pass for everyone else.

Hmmm... looking at it from a publicists point of view (which I am not), it doesn't make much sense to keep the star both out of the loop and away from the public eye for an extended period of time. (My view is, of course, coloured by the Japanese and Korean presentation of musical stars - which remain firmly in the public eye as long as they are hot, and only disappear for a break when they work on a new album; with it's associated dance routines, etc.. It's not a lifestyle for anyone but the committed.)

Regarding time diliation: I wonder how much of that is due to the fold rifts/disolcations/fractures and how much is due to the actual fold itself?

I'm still not confinced that the in-bound flight Sheryl et al were on at the start of the series was anything but a short range flight (and I'm going to leave that vague other than define it by a timelimit: 8 to 16 hours for the people inside.)

As I said earlier:

There is no further information on them (that I have come across) and they are not identified as being part of the numbering (nor are they indicated as being not part, but the implied meaning is that they are not part of the numbering, and are simply copies of the 5th New Macross Class combined ship.)

wow, that's even more confusing. if there not all "macross 5" and they're not numbered, what the heck are they? Big ass ship A and Big Ass Ship B? :wacko:

Edited by anime52k8

wow, that's even more confusing. if there not all "macross 5" and they're not numbered, what the heck are they? Big ass ship A and Big Ass Ship B? :wacko:

Big ass emigration ship A and Big Ass emigration Ship B ;)

Does that make the attached Battlesections "Battle Big Ass A" and "Battle Big Ass B" respectively? :p

I think the technical name is "Zentradi Varient (standard adjectives and descriptors) Battle Big Ass A & B". ;)

There is definitely a need for a list or guide to the fleet numbering/designations in the Macross universe. Each new piece of information being translated is further confusing the subject rather than clarifying it. I'm now completely lost on how everything is supposed to fit together.

Hmm, I'm getting more confused, so they are 25 New Macross class Long Ranger colony ship, so this mean there are 25 Battle class New Macross Stealth Assault Carrier attached to a colony ship. :wacko:

So Macross 13 does came from a Macross 13 colony ship. :huh:

BTW, is there a restriction for Battle class to be only in a colonization fleet?

Hmm, I'm getting more confused, so they are 25 New Macross class Long Ranger colony ship, so this mean there are 25 Battle class New Macross Stealth Assault Carrier attached to a colony ship. :wacko:

BTW, is there a restriction for Battle class to be only in a colonization fleet?

Presumably yes since that is what NMCACs are designed for. (New Macross Class Aircraft Carrier)

We don't have definite power comparison yet how powerful compared to each other the Macross Class and New Macross Class are in terms of Macross cannons but the Macross Class is definitely more heavily armed and with more variable craft than the New Macross Class.

From what we know Battle 13 was hijacked by terrorists backed by Wilbur Garland.

<sigh> no.

(feels like this conversation is repeating itself as I go and get my translation notes)

There are 25 known Battle Class Stealth Attack Variable Space Carriers.

There are less than 15 known (as the specific number has NOT been confirmed) New Macross Class Emigration ships with a Battle Class Stealth Attack Variable Space Carrier as a component of the two-component emigration ship.

Going by the text in "Kazutaka Miyatake Design Works", the Battle 13 came from the Macross 13 Fleet. It is implied that that is the 13th Super Long Range Emigration fleet, however it is not specifically stated that it is, or is not. The only other clue about the Battle 13 is that it is a "Next Age" Battle Class design.

"Kazutaka Miyatake Design Works" also identifies the Saratoga II as a "Macross 13 Fleet Carrier". It doesn't say if it is the only one of it's class, or is the basis of all the ships in the Macross 13 (naval) Fleet*.

Unknown if there is, or is not a restriction. To date, only the Macross 13/Battle 13 was shown without an emigration fleet; though as it appeared from the Factory Satellite in Earth's orbit, it isn't too much of a stretch to presume that a City ship was nearby or in the process of construction.

*The text uses 艦隊 (naval fleet/armada), which is quite different than the 船団 used to describe the emigration fleets. Perhaps it's intent is to convey that the 13th fleet is more militarized?

Edited by sketchley

Presumably yes since that is what NMCACs are designed for. (New Macross Class Aircraft Carrier)

We don't have definite power comparison yet how powerful compared to each other the Macross Class and New Macross Class are in terms of Macross cannons but the Macross Class is definitely more heavily armed and with more variable craft than the New Macross Class.

From what we know Battle 13 was hijacked by terrorists backed by Wilbur Garland.

NMCAC is an English fan made term. The correct name of the ship is "Battle Class".

The Compendium states that the Vinderance group is a terrorist organization. However, given that Wilbur Garland is a UN officer, it may be better to consider it an attempted coup d'etat.

NMCAC is an English fan made term. The correct name of the ship is "Battle Class".

The Compendium states that the Vinderance group is a terrorist organization. However, given that Wilbur Garland is a UN officer, it may be better to consider it an attempted coup d'etat.

In the Macross Frontier prologue NMC colonies have the New Macross Class Aircraft Carrier designation.

So a "New Macross Class" ship is only named such if the Battle 7 and the City 7 are combined? But otherwise they are called Battle Class 7 and City Class 7? Is that correct?

In the instance of the 7th New Macross Class Super Long Range Emigration ship, than yes, that is correct. I believe the shortend names for the two ships are Battle 7 and City 7.