Locations and Status of Super Long Range Emigration Fleets 01 to 55

sketchley

This is for my Macross locations project: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/L...s/Locations.htm

(Which, fingers crossed, and time allowing, I hope will end up becoming something like: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/Locations/Earth.htm )

Can anyone tell me the status of the 55+ Super Long Range Emigration Fleets? (That's Megaroad 01-30, and Macross 01-25).

I'm looking specifically for where (and when) they were last seen in the galaxy (and Macross timeline), and what, if any, locations (planets) that they have been mentioned as having passed.

I've added a few entries to the TOC (and text) of the webpage linked to, but I'm not sure if they are completely accurate, or not. Any assistance there will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Oh - the opening animations of Macross 7 and F do not count. Or, as the Compendium puts it: "The galaxy graphic in Macross Frontier's prologue is meant to be symbolic. " http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Talk:Eden

I most likely think those would be the planets which were trouble spots wherever Isamu Dyson got assigned. Really the guy is a trouble magnet.

The other places which his superior officer could exile him to but those places don't want him.

Quite possible Veil in Macross 7 Galaxy is Calling Me.

Okay anywhere else hmmm... Oh yeah the Varauta system.

Oh yeah colonies in the Macross M3 and VF-X. VF-X-2 maybe.

Edited by RedWolf

Oh - the opening animations of Macross 7 and F do not count. Or, as the Compendium puts it: "The galaxy graphic in Macross Frontier's prologue is meant to be symbolic. " http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Talk:Eden

Is that confirmed?

The page says "Moved from article", but no further explanation is given or bibliography provided. Do we have any reference materials to further confirm this?

As for the Colony fleets, a lot depends on if you intend to include game references...

Edited by Zinjo

Holy cow!! Are there really 55 different colony fleets!!?? Thats a lot. Although is 55 based on the series or does that also include the Alternate universes & video game time lines. Either good luck on your project, will be interesting to see it when its done!! B))

Is that confirmed?

The page says "Moved from article", but no further explanation is given or bibliography provided. Do we have any reference materials to further confirm this?

As for the Colony fleets, a lot depends on if you intend to include game references...

Macross Chronicle Worldguide 20a Eden

Eden is found by a Close Range Emigration Fleet in November, 2013.

as for viable sources, refer to: http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Macross_History (or the inverse, if it's on the following, it's not viable: http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Non-Studio-Nue_Stories )

Edited by sketchley

I didn't even know there were 55 fleets. That's cool.

So I guess there were far more long-distance colonization fleets than close-range colony fleets, since Macross 7 was the 37th such long-range fleet.

The implications from the Macross Chronicle article is that there are probably a bunch more close-range colony fleets, but there scope is much, much smaller (a handful of converted ships, etc.). Which isn't surprising, given that they are for colonizing only within 100 light years of Earth (which is what? At most one or two days fold away?)

Holy cow!! Are there really 55 different colony fleets!!?? Thats a lot. Although is 55 based on the series or does that also include the Alternate universes & video game time lines. Either good luck on your project, will be interesting to see it when its done!! B))

Series, from Megaroad 1. For example, the Macross Frontier Fleet, the 25th large-scale Super Long Range Emigration Fleet, is also the 55th Super Long Range Emigration Fleet.

In short, Fleets 01 to 30 are Megaroad Class. 31+ are New Macross Class/Island Cluster Class and are also given a "large scale" number. Confusing, eh?

Nevertheless, that's ONLY Super Long Range Colony Fleets. Short Range Colony Fleets, and other fleets (research, survey, exploration, etc.) also exist, and are implied to have Macross class emigration ships.

Edited by sketchley

??? :huh:

as nice as that map looks, I'm afraid it has nothing to do with Macross. It doesn't even mention the Orion Arm... nor local spur. <_<

and something ON TOPIC: went through the timeline (again ... ) in the Compendium, and added all the entries to the work in progress (see link in first post). Even though the sector organization is completely arbitrary and has nothing to do with canon Macross, me thinks that I should reorganize things somewhat... say everything within 100 lightyears of Earth (aka virtually every planet that's been mentioned in Macross so far) in Sector 1?

Edited by sketchley

Uhm, guys, do we *really* need to quote images?

Also, as much as I like Star Wars, it has nothing to do with Macross nor the purpose of this thread. Post it elsewhere!

I've fiddled with the locations page, and have added all the info I've been able to find on the Super Long Range Emigration Fleets here: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/L...tions.htm#slref ; with known launch dates, last known location and when, and fate. In one or two cases, due to a lack of info, I've simply added how it was referenced (eg: the 33rd fleet).

Also, I'm beginning to think that the planet Elysium was colonized by an emigration fleet... given it's distance from Earth (starting at around 4,000 lightyears).

• 3 weeks later...

Added a map of the Macross Galaxy (yeah... entries are limited, but I wanted to do only one thing - convey the awesome scale of the distances involved).

Locations of everything except for the Eta Carinae Nebula is arbitrary (and even then, I'm not sure if I got the right location... the distance is estimated, but should be correct at 7,500 ly from Earth.

All of the planets near the galactic core are, as per the original text, "in the vicinity of the core". However, given the lack of glowing dust in the outer space shots in the various animations, and there not having been a threat from the super massive blackhole, I've placed them in a compromise postion; both near the core, but a safe (and non-glowing sky) distance away from it.

Due to the limitations of the map, the various planetary systems from M7 and MF are placed at a distance to be legible. They should be considered to be spaced more closely together.

The Green circle inside of the white ring labeled "Sun" is the roughly 100 ly radius from Earth that the Short-Range Emigration Fleets were sent out into.

Main Map: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/L...ilkyWay-Map.jpg

Zoom: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/L...Way-MapZoom.jpg

Don't know sketchley from Dynamite 7's dialog when a guy informed Gamlin where Basara is he said Basara is at the Rim.

Since Macross 11 is quite popular on Zola, even with the smuggler haven I think it is more likely Zola is at the Rim.

Edited by RedWolf

Hmmm...

if the statement does mean the rim of the Galaxy, it means that the M7 fleet has travelled quite far... which is why I'm going to interpret the statement as being at the rim of one of the arms or even the center.

Hmmm...

if the statement does mean the rim of the Galaxy, it means that the M7 fleet has travelled quite far... which is why I'm going to interpret the statement as being at the rim of one of the arms or even the center.

Or the rim of know space to that point.

Considering that M7 was heading toward the galactic core, I doubt Zola is on the rim of the galaxy.

I may have to dig up the pic of Dyson's personel file since it lists a few worlds he was assigned to on it.

Well the point of Macross Dynamite 7 and the final episode of Macross Frontier is that the galaxy's rim is the ultimate frontier or backwater region of the Milky Way.

Which makes sense since Earth is at outer edge of our galaxy.

You are here.

Milkywaymap.GIF

The Protoculture I surmise deliberately seeded worlds outside their territory. Exsedol did say that the region where Lux and Varauta were was where the Protoculture had their empire.

That region being at the galactic core systems.

Oh yeah in the first Deculture episode of Macross Frontier the computer of the space plane said they arrived at the Sagittarius spiral arm.

Well the point of Macross Dynamite 7 and the final episode of Macross Frontier is that the galaxy's rim is the ultimate frontier or backwater region of the Milky Way.

You are here.

Milkywaymap.GIF

The Protoculture I surmise deliberately seeded worlds outside their territory. Exsedol did say that the region where Lux and Varauta were was where the Protoculture had their empire.

Oh yeah in the first Deculture episode of Macross Frontier the computer of the space plane said they arrived at the Sagittarius spiral arm.

Cool Graphic!

True Lux and Varauta were in PC territroy however they were most likely at the edge as well. One doesn't test Nuclear bombs in New York...

And as the arm loops all the way around the galaxy at least once, relying on it alone is misleading.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...ay_Arms.svg.png

Nevertheless, it's both an interesting fun fact from the series (the fleet is in the Sagittarius arm in the vicinity of the galactic core) but comes across as redundant when one thinks about it (as the Macross Galaxy Fleet, which the transport departed from, is in the same arm...)

Nevertheless, it's both an interesting fun fact from the series (the fleet is in the Sagittarius arm in the vicinity of the galactic core) but comes across as redundant when one thinks about it (as the Macross Galaxy Fleet, which the transport departed from, is in the same arm...)

Not neccessarily... I seem to recall Sheryl's heading to Frontier was at the end of a big "galaxy tour", so while she and Grace orginally started on the Galaxy, that transport would've orginated from the previous stop on the tour that they were at, before heading to Frontier, and that might've been somewhere other than on the Sagittarius arm. We don't really know where that was do we? :unsure:

EDIT: Grammar, oh the grammar

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

You are here.

Milkywaymap.GIF

Wouldn't we be in the Delta Quadrant, and not the Alpha Quadrant?

since where suposedly talking about Macross Fleets, I'm going to throw this out here...

when about was the Macross Frontier launched? maybe more fleets were launched after the Frontier.

something I was just thinking though, there are 55 Long Distance Fleets, and as of when frontier was launched there were 25 NMC's but does that really mean that there were 25 NMC fleets and 30 Megaroad fleets?

I was looking at the M3 and noticed that in the Macross 5 entry it mentions that the Macross 5 fleet had 2 additional NMC's as part of the fleet. and to me it's never been clear if the Macross 13 really was part of a colonization fleet and not just a battleship.

if the frontier was the 25th fleet, does that mean that the Macross 5 was really 3 fleets together, or were the extra ships just not numbered (then what do you call them?) or maybe the Frontier wasn't the 25th fleet, just the 25th ship and there were enough Megaroads to make it reach 55?

I am so confused right now :wacko:

Edited by anime52k8

The multiple New Macross Class ships in the Macross 5 fleet could have been an animation mistake. I just included them in the description for completeness. Given that all the other Super-Long-Range Colony Fleets had only a single NMC ship, I think it's safe to say that the multiple NMC's in the Macross 5 fleet were either an animation error OR the rare exception to the rule. Attached below is the picture from the series (Macross 7, Episode 23):

post-114-1234142088_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr March

I've translated the Chronicle sheet on the Macross 5 fleet (now, if only I can make time to type it up...) It's neither an animation error nor additional fleets combined into one. There is 1, and only 1 set of "City 5 & Battle 5", with more than one ship (I believe the term used is "a plurality") of similar designed [shaped] ships in the fleet (going by the animation, that would be 2) in the fleet.

No where that I have seen has indicated that the Super Long Range Emigration plan has been stopped after the launch of Macross 25; which is also known as the 55th Super Long Range Emigration Fleet and the ?13th? Large Scale (Island Cluster Class?) Emigration Fleet.*

What has, and continues to be stated, in numerous sources, is that the Super Long Range Emigration fleets continue to be launched at a rate of one or two fleets per year. Macross 25, the 55th such fleet, supports the statement, even if the fleet was launched in 2059 (which we know it wasn't.)

*I'm putting in question marks because I haven't found a source that confirms that number. The source I am using is Macross Galaxy Fleet being the 9th Large Scale Emigration Fleet. See Compendium article.

Edited by sketchley

something I was just thinking though, there are 55 Long Distance Fleets, and as of when frontier was launched there were 25 NMC's but does that really mean that there were 25 NMC fleets and 30 Megaroad fleets?

No.

Yes, there has been 30 Megaroad Class Fleets, but there has not been 25 New Macross Class fleets.

There have been 25 Super Long Range Emigration fleets with a Battle class Transforming Stealth Space Carrier (I think that's the correct term for them, not checking my notes here) indicated as existing in Macross, to date. Of those 25 fleets, some have been the New Macross Class, some have been the Island Cluster Class, and some have been other class(es). For example, the Macross Galaxy Fleet is neither the New Macross Class nor the Island Cluster Class.

For further info, see: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/index.php?topic=2017.0 (specifically Emigration Fleets and Super Long Range Emigration Ship Types and Fleet Composition.)

Edited by sketchley

Sigh~ FYI Earth is at the Orion Arm. You can spin it around any which way.

Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta quadrants are Star Trek terms only.

Yes, let's keep Star Trek and Star Wars out of a MACROSS discussion. (there are other forums for that <_< )

Not neccessarily... I seem to recall Sheryl's heading to Frontier was at the end of a big "galaxy tour", so while she and Grace orginally started on the Galaxy, that transport would've orginated from the previous stop on the tour that they were at, before heading to Frontier, and that might've been somewhere other than on the Sagittarius arm. We don't really know where that was do we? :unsure:

EDIT: Grammar, oh the grammar

Could be, but couldn't it also mean "Galaxy Fleet Tour"?

Presuming that it could be (a tour of the Galaxy), wouldn't it make more sense for the passengers to be in a larger vessel, such as the civilian ship Myung uses in Macross Plus to be transported to Earth? From a passenger comfort point of view, it doesn't make much sense to have a hundred or so paying customers couped up in a small cabin for a multi-day or multi-month journey, right?

From consideration of that, and my having read somewhere that the Macross Galaxy Fleet was close enough to allow regular transport flights between the two fleets, I am of the understanding that that particular flight originated from the Macross Galaxy Fleet. (Again, I have to stess that I'm probably basing this on info that I read in Japanese...)

I am open to agreeing that the Macross Galaxy Fleet is (just) outside of the Segittarius Arm and the Macross Frontier fleet is (just) inside of the arm.