Official Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Thread

Graham

Well...the Phalanx COULD be headed the way of vaporware. It wouldn't be the first Destroid to see a resin prototype leak onto the internet, then disappear altogether. And since Yamato has already stated that it isn't going to produce a "complete" set of Destroids, who knows what we may or may not get. :unsure: It's similar to Zentraedi/Meltrandi mecha...we've gotten a single enemy mecha since the 1/60 line started back in the late 90s/early 2000s, with no apparent plans to make anything else.

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

...I don't necessarily believe they should have everything tampoed on but at least one or two of the obligatory markings would be welcome. Especially since we've been spoiled by the newer VFs.

The Destroids DO have a few obligatory markings tampoed on them. The white stripes on the legs (and hips of the Defender). Aside from that, everything else is decal-tastic.

What do you mean that Yamato is not going to finish the Destroid line??? As mentioned above, the Phaanx is a sure thing, which means that the only one left is left is the Spartan!!

I did not include the Monster because it's been vaporware for years now. I say release them all Yamato!! You are so freaking close.....and give us the cherry on top by actually releasing the Monster. The COMPLETE release of ALL destroids just screams AWESOMENESS!!! ...........otherwise, it will be a crime against (Macross) humanity!!!

What do you mean that Yamato is not going to finish the Destroid line??? As mentioned above, the Phaanx is a sure thing, which means that the only one left is left is the Spartan!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time Graham checked, Yamato had no intention of making the Spartan, much to many MW members' outrage...hence no "complete" set of Destroids.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time Graham checked, Yamato had no intention of making the Spartan, much to many MW members' outrage...hence no "complete" set of Destroids.

Just scan back a few pages in this thread. The outrage is there.

TBH, I never expected the Spartan. It's just too one-off to justify the cost. The Monster, you can do it and jack the price and still break even.. if you are lucky. The Spartan? The odds are not good for it.

It's similar to Zentraedi/Meltrandi mecha...we've gotten a single enemy mecha since the 1/60 line started back in the late 90s/early 2000s, with no apparent plans to make anything else.
Roy's version 1 1/60 VF-1S non Strike was released in like December of 2001 so it's been roughly 9 years and all we've gotten is one power armor and a repaint of it, which is outrageous. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I have them but compared to my experience with Yamato's other products they are highly inferior. Although I guess being a huge floppy mess is kind of about standard in some people's opinions for a Yamato :p

<nerd rage>Yamato owes me! They should make whatever I want, when I want! In the quality I want!</nerd rage>

If they don't think the Spartan is a stand-alone winner then i'd love to see them make it into some sort of giftset and package it with another toy that people might want. Make it a 1/60 Spartan and Vritai gift set featuring the Spartan toy and a Vritai toy with various points of articulation. Then people who want to have Vritai attacking Hikaru with a pipe will go ahead and buy the Spartan figure also.

If they don't think the Spartan is a stand-alone winner then i'd love to see them make it into some sort of giftset and package it with another toy that people might want. Make it a 1/60 Spartan and Vritai gift set featuring the Spartan toy and a Vritai toy with various points of articulation. Then people who want to have Vritai attacking Hikaru with a pipe will go ahead and buy the Spartan figure also.

That may also work against it too. Instead of making the Spartan with an average price point of $75.00 US, bundling it with another mecha would drive the two-pack up to be even more expensive than the VE-1 or VT-1.

• 3 weeks later...

hmmmm.......nothing for a couple of weeks eh?.........bump! ;) ........when the heck is the Phalanx coming out anyway?

IMG_1487.jpg

Edited by logos

next person bumps this thread without official images of a phalanx or spartan will get a bump on their head from my 1/60 YF-21

haha.... are you gonna throw it at them? ^_^

i too got excited for nothing.... sad times that there hasn't been any new news on this in awhile

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to the Destroid party, but Overdrive came through and I just opened up my Olive green Defender. I've got nothing but praise for it. I like my mecha blocky and industrial looking and the Destroids have always filled that niche. Chunky, yet flexible with a crapload of stickers that I'll probably never have time for-simply awesome. It's THE best Destroid toy I've owned, and it just sucks that Yamato won't go on with the Spartan.

I'm late to the Destroid party, but Overdrive came through and I just opened up my Olive green Defender. I've got nothing but praise for it. I like my mecha blocky and industrial looking and the Destroids have always filled that niche. Chunky, yet flexible with a crapload of stickers that I'll probably never have time for-simply awesome. It's THE best Destroid toy I've owned, and it just sucks that Yamato won't go on with the Spartan.

I think--at first, at any rate--a lot of people suspected that the Destroids were going to be a lot like the Q-Rau...a cheap block of plastic with relatively little difference from a model kit version. But the sheer level of engineering that went into these things is unreal. The legs and feet are fully designed for all-terrain, not to mention the hips that can lock and unlock, depending on how you're posing it.

i haven't bought anything in forever but i was hoping to pick up all 4 destroids at some point down the road when they eventually go on sale.

but seeing as they're leaving one out, i have no desire to pick up the others. i can get over my completest mentality when it comes to valks since they're all pretty much repaints but the empty space would bother me. leaving out one destroid is retarded when they're doing the other 3.

why does yamato keep giving me reasons not to buy their stuff?

I want two khaki / weathered Tomahawks. Never much cared for the other Destroids, though. Besides the Tomahawk, my favorite is the Phalanx II from Macross II.

Haven't picked up any v2 1/60 VF-1 yet. Maybe the Virgin Road. My inclination would be a Focker or Hikaru 1S, but don't want one that's gonna break. Any of these clear?

Now that I have my favorite 1/60, the Gamlin VF-22S, what I want most at this point, is a Regult, Followed by a Low-Viz VF-22, VF-19A. After that, I distantly hope for a Yamato VF-17D and VF-19S.

Haven't picked up any v2 1/60 VF-1 yet. Maybe the Virgin Road. My inclination would be a Focker or Hikaru 1S, but don't want one that's gonna break. Any of these clear?

Now that I have my favorite 1/60, the Gamlin VF-22S, what I want most at this point, is a Regult, Followed by a Low-Viz VF-22, VF-19A. After that, I distantly hope for a Yamato VF-17D and VF-19S.

Basically anything after the VF-1J seems to be fine even if they don't have all the fixes. I only have cracks on my Focker's shoulders but even they are still staying on. The replacements are still sitting in their bag for the day they might fall off.

Anyways the problem seems to be with the burred end of the pin and the thickness of the material. Post VF-1A (TV) and VT-1 toys seem to mostly have these fixes. If you buy any of the others I would prying off the shoulder pieces and losing the joint screws by 1/4 to 1/2 a turn. Getting rid of the stiffness in that ball and socket joint seems to help allot on the earlier models (like I said I have only had problems with my Roy).

Back on topic. Anyone have a real good solution for making the torso (up/down pivot movement) stiffer on the Warhammer.....opps sorry :lol: .....Tomahawk?

Basically anything after the VF-1J seems to be fine even if they don't have all the fixes. I only have cracks on my Focker's shoulders but even they are still staying on. The replacements are still sitting in their bag for the day they might fall off.

Anyways the problem seems to be with the burred end of the pin and the thickness of the material. Post VF-1A (TV) and VT-1 toys seem to mostly have these fixes. If you buy any of the others I would prying off the shoulder pieces and losing the joint screws by 1/4 to 1/2 a turn. Getting rid of the stiffness in that ball and socket joint seems to help allot on the earlier models (like I said I have only had problems with my Roy).

Back on topic. Anyone have a real good solution for making the torso (up/down pivot movement) stiffer on the Warhammer.....opps sorry :lol: .....Tomahawk?

i use an epoxy putty (green stuff/grey stuff) for a lot of my fixes such as this. if you aren't familiar with it the putty is two parts (like the gel or liquid versions). depending on how much of each part you use determines how ridgid or pliable it sets up. it's easily sanded and very forgiving. it is also extremely adhesive when workable. i used it to fill the cracks on my roy 1/60ths shoulders and even with such a small crack the putty held fast. shoulders are perfect now.

Yep I was going to do that....then I found out I could get complete replacement arms for $12 bucks from Overdrive (would be free but you have to pay for the shipping and handling....). So I took the lazy way out this time. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...