Official Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Thread

Graham

True, but it seems that every time Yamato skips the CAD stage and go straight to showing off resin sculpts of upcoming toys, somehow they end up in the island of vaporware toys. It happened with the 1/60 Monster, and now it's happening with the SDF-1 and the Phalanx.

It happened with the SV-51, yamato went straight to showing off a painted resin prototype and it saw the light of day :lol:

Hope the SDF-1 and the Phalanax won't be bombed!!!

I think it's already been established that this has something to do with reissuing/releasing excess stock of something old.

It must be something not re-issued lately and something attractive enough.

My guess is that it may be the 1/48 Super VF-1J DX set... Or the Monster ("attractive" again because of MF).

1/60 v2 are too new to be "revived", M+ valks have been re-issued, M0 valks - ah, there is also the Shin VF-0A combo. SV-51s have been slow in sales, and VF-0S has been re-issued. Similar arguments for the 1/48s... Either re-issued lately or not sold well enough except for Super VF-1J maybe.

I'm hoping for the Phalanx - or the TV version Monster (doubt that though).

Not sure what the appeal is for that newer Konig version. I hate the design. The battroid mode looks downright go-botish, and making it modular ruins the cool destroid mode of the original.

I've seen clips of it in MF, still think its dumb IMO

What would be the point of having something like that change into a battroid mode? Is there a anime clip out there that shows it doing wayyy cool stuff in that mode?

------

Just frustrated I guess. This newer version just hurts my chance of ever seeing the beloved original in awesome toy form in my lifetime . . .

I'm not sure why you want a 1/60 mkII monster. Something that big would be hugely expensive, and it can't really do much of anything. It's too big to be really playable, and it's not really passable; you can swivel the arms around and angle the guns a little bit, that's about it.

about all I can think of to do with something like that would be to put it in the middle of my living room, put a piece of glass on top of it and use it as a coffee table.

The konig monster would at least give you something to do with it. It's got 3 modes to display it in and it's more possible by design. also I think the konig looks better than the original so :p

Personally, I don't need a transforming Monster.

The shuttle thing is bland and the battroid is ugly. The gerwalk mode is all what I care.

I don't need a Monster toy to be posable (it's meant to be an artillery). It just has to look big and monstrous.

I think I would prefer a decently done 1/60 Konig Monster over a Mk II. A Mk II is still way bigger than a Konig. A 1/60 Konig would still be somewhat manageable. A 1/60 Mk II would just be ginormous. Plus, I love the fact that it can transform and still retain the look of its predecessor.

Personally, I don't need a transforming Monster.

The shuttle thing is bland and the battroid is ugly. The gerwalk mode is all what I care.

I don't need a Monster toy to be posable (it's meant to be an artillery). It just has to look big and monstrous.

The Mk II does have that 'artillery' feel. It seems like the military might have actually built one, like the giant rail-guns of the past. It just feels right with the rest of the original destroids, more realistic and logical. Not sure I'm describing myself well here because I know all these mechs are pure fantasy.

By contrast the konig shuttle mode makes me laugh quite frankly, thinking of Go-bots and cheap robot toys. I see the battroid as a very bad design, and pointless from a military stand-point when you have heavy valks flying around.

I give a 1/60 TV Monster about half of 1% chance of ever seeing the light of day, especially in this economy. But if they did do it I would find a way to buy it, and a place to display it . . .

The Mk II does have that 'artillery' feel. It seems like the military might have actually built one, like the giant rail-guns of the past. It just feels right with the rest of the original destroids, more realistic and logical. Not sure I'm describing myself well here because I know all these mechs are pure fantasy.

By contrast the konig shuttle mode makes me laugh quite frankly, thinking of Go-bots and cheap robot toys. I see the battroid as a very bad design, and pointless from a military stand-point when you have heavy valks flying around.

I give a 1/60 TV Monster about half of 1% chance of ever seeing the light of day, especially in this economy. But if they did do it I would find a way to buy it, and a place to display it . . .

I think of the Koenig as a mobile Artillery piece that also doubles up as a troop transport for the ground grunts. You still need to capture the dirt to win the war, even in the near future, unless one's idea of victory is to blow up entire planets. :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So to breathe some life into this thread until we get some definite news of any new Destroids, I'd like to ask those of you who own any of these mecha how they stack up against other Yamato offerings lately (Version 2 Valkyries, redesigned FAST Packs, etc.)? I ordered the Olive Drab Tomahawk last week, so I'm wondering what the "wow" factor is on it. I've honestly heard mixed reviews about the Destroids with everything from awesome articulation to complaints that the missiles should be spring-loaded. Just interested in what other Destroid owners think...

I've heard about a feature in a few reviews that the cockpits of the Tomahawk and Defender actually have detailed control panels and monitors. It's always mentioned in passing and none of the review photos ever show this particular feature. Could someone snap a quick pic of the cockpit interior showing its details?

EDIT: I would have answered my own question if I had simply went back a few pages before posting this request. Anyhow, the cockpit detail is really cool, IMO.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=66446

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

I love my destroids. I really like the Olive green and wish I would have picked up my Defender in that color as well...maybe I'll see it on sale someday.

Overall I really like them for how solid they feel in your hands and how detailed they are. Sure there could be some more gimmicks but I'm not complaining.

I love my destroids. I really like the Olive green and wish I would have picked up my Defender in that color as well...maybe I'll see it on sale someday.

Overall I really like them for how solid they feel in your hands and how detailed they are. Sure there could be some more gimmicks but I'm not complaining.

I agree - I only have the tomahawk and that thing rocks.