Official Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Thread

Graham

Umm, you know the head machine guns are articulated, and you could just pose them pointing up, right? That oughta destroy the frog head look.

I would like to see what that looks like. Anyone?

I don't see the smiley face thing but to each their own I guess. ^_^ Oh and just so you know the red visor piece does have a cool feature. If you get some decent lighting and look at it from the bottom it kind of looks like the zaku monical sensor. :lol:

The Tomahawks look depends on the brightness of the visor, in my opinion.

If you brighten the visor enough you begin to see that glass area as the 'eye', much like Skull1, and the top guns as horns or something.

The darker the visor is (like yamato's dark, dark red), the more you see it as a frog mouth and the top guns as the eyes.

post-8486-1241442536_thumb.jpg

Thanks again Robelwell202,

Yeah, in that pic it still looks like a happy face to me. Maybe more so actually. I "get" intelectually and conceptually at least how it "is" a visor and canons but I can not look at this thing with out seeing a silly happy face. Otherwise it is a fantastic mecha design.

moving/removing the machine guns seems like the simplest change to get rid of the "eyes."

Sure but what about the silly smile. I think to just putty up the whole part or take it off and replace with a clear canopy showing the pilot inside. But I would be curious to see other peoples ideas. We could have a "un-frog-facing/smiley-facing the tomahawk" contest?

If I had the time and resources I would take out the top guns and cover the openings there, (that would be the easy part), then replace the red visor with green and add and LED -- and add an LED to the shoulder lamp as well.

And my Defender needs chest lamp LEDs. Oh - the knee lights too.

Hmmm - here I thought these were the ultimate destroids and I'm not so sure now. You watch, they'll come out with these in 1/48 with all the LED lights and even more detail . . .

If I had the time and resources I would take out the top guns and cover the openings there, (that would be the easy part), then replace the red visor with green and add and LED -- and add an LED to the shoulder lamp as well.

And my Defender needs chest lamp LEDs. Oh - the knee lights too.

Hmmm - here I thought these were the ultimate destroids and I'm not so sure now. You watch, they'll come out with these in 1/48 with all the LED lights and even more detail . . .

Doubt it... you don't see LEDs in anything besides the brand new gigantic Yamato Ingram, so there's no reason to expect them on Macross stuff, and 1/60 is pretty much designated 'THE scale' for Yamato Macross releases now, so I don't see any more 1/48 releases ever besides recolored VF-1s.

Wasted a few minutes in paintshop and came up with this:post-407-1241634924_thumb.jpg

I think I'd rather just stick with the froggy face than bother with a mod, but I do wish they had made the main sensors green rather than red.

Ehh... I'll probably not buy one anyhow unless they rerelease these things in a few years with all the classic markings tampoed on. And dammit yamato, make a Spartan.

Edited by Californium

Wasted a few minutes in paintshop and came up with this:

I think I'd rather just stick with the froggy face than bother with a mod, but I do wish they had made the main sensors green rather than red.

Ehh... I'll probably not buy one anyhow unless they rerelease these things in a few years with all the classic markings tampoed on. And dammit yamato, make a Spartan.

Thank you! That looks great actually!

People think it's bad when they see a froggy face on the Tomahawk. Well, one day I was looking at my defender and I realized it reminded me of a koala...

post-10222-1241843526_thumb.jpg

I've never been able to look at the defender the same way again.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

People think it's bad when they see a froggy face on the Tomahawk. Well, one day I was looking at my defender and I realized it reminded me of a koala...

Dudddeee... nice catch!

Duuuude - good find. I see it now every time I look at it.

The mouth of the koala should have been an opening escape hatch with ladder.

I forgive Yamto this oversight if they make the Spartan . . .

Got my Defender OD & love the green! The actual colour looks more "khakis" than Tomahawk OD. Except for colour, everything else are just the same as normal Defender.

RIMG0938.jpg

Edited by Javabean

If I had the money I would get two more defenders. One original yellow that I would panel line and weather and the other that sexy green one that I would put some custom decals on. Some day I will get my defender back, all pimped out, and I will post picutres here and... and... well nobody will care. But at least I will be stoked to have it!!!!!!

Sooo.......what's next on the Destroid List???? 2 down, 3 to go......Any updates?????

Still nothing new just as of yet. Still waiting for new pics on the Phalanx and No word at all if a SPARTAN is in the works. (but most of us are hopin for that Spartan!!!)

I'm not buying anything from Yamato until they announce a Spartan. I understand that this might be self-defeating, as this boycott-of-one might well put Yamato out of business, but at this point I feel drastic measures are called for. Hopefully they will realize their folly before it is too late.

• 3 weeks later...