Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

I just used a gundam fine point gray marker. If you panel-line it before you apply weathering wash, the wash cleans up the lines. Even without the wash though, you can use an eraser to clean up any mistakes.

Interesting......I'm gonna have to find somewhere in my lame a** town to buy the Gundam Markers...

thanks for the tips!

now i'm gonna try some on my max vf-1s...

by the way how many yamato 1/60 vf-1 do you own?

i saw so many in ur pics :D

are they all panel lined? that would be awesome

I just have one of each. :)

I've weathered and panel-lined them all. Except the VF-1A Cannon Fodder. I just got that one and haven't had time yet. There are pics of some of the others on the first 2 pages of this thread

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=29427&st=0

Interesting......I'm gonna have to find somewhere in my lame a** town to buy the Gundam Markers...

Maybe you could order from here.. save u time, cost and money ... plus at the ease of your home..

hahah plus return customers are entitled to discounts for hobby wave japan.. but some items are not allowable for shipping outside japan..

need to look carefully..

Gundam markers with good price, direct from japan.

Rainbow ten Model shop with promot response within the day and with reasonable price.

• 2 months later...

These are a MUST HAVE!

Sheer perfection!

The only real gripe I have about the 1/60's are their inability to snap the gun onto the side of the arm. I have about 13 of these, and not one of them will do it. Which means the only way the gun is held under the belly in fighter mode is through friction. The "snaps" on the arm that is suppose to hold the gun in place is pretty useless.

Other than that-they are a solid toy. LOVE the clear windshield!

I'm probably preaching to the choir.

Bring on Max and Miria! I should have mine in about 2 - 3 weeks! Whoo-hoo!

You mean store the gun on the arm like this?

3770965180_8f1e1834b8_o.jpg

I have no problem with any of my VF's. You can try using a bit of nail polish on the arm peg so it has more friction with the gun.

As you said, the v2 VF-1 is sheer perfection!!

You mean store the gun on the arm like this?

3770965180_8f1e1834b8_o.jpg

I have no problem with any of my VF's. You can try using a bit of nail polish on the arm peg so it has more friction with the gun.

As you said, the v2 VF-1 is sheer perfection!!

NAIL POLISH! THat's brilliant! All my engineering skills and that thought never occurred to me!

THanks for the tip! I am going to try that out tonight!

Man, I can't wait for mine to ship, but I am disappointed that the stripes on Milia's legs are grey instead of blue for some reason.

Actually, I think that makes some sense, in terms of real life aircraft markings. Those stripes aren't decoration. That stripe on the legs (or any plane around this region ahead of the exhausts) usually is an indicator for where the front of the engine is (not sure if it means very front, or maybe the location of part of the compressor). Up to the point in the 80's where all the planes lost their nice shiny high-vis markings, these stripes were red. On camoflaged planes, they generally are painted grey.

Granted, a bright red fighter is nothing like camoflage. But I've never seen those stripes blue before on any aircraft. The grey color looks like it matches with the grey used on the intake warnings, since red wouldn't show up.

Actually, I think that makes some sense, in terms of real life aircraft markings. Those stripes aren't decoration. That stripe on the legs (or any plane around this region ahead of the exhausts) usually is an indicator for where the front of the engine is (not sure if it means very front, or maybe the location of part of the compressor). Up to the point in the 80's where all the planes lost their nice shiny high-vis markings, these stripes were red. On camoflaged planes, they generally are painted grey.

Granted, a bright red fighter is nothing like camoflage. But I've never seen those stripes blue before on any aircraft. The grey color looks like it matches with the grey used on the intake warnings, since red wouldn't show up.

I guess, but I allways took the leg stripes as a link to max, and his red leg stripes as a link to milia. Oh well, minor detail. Anyway I got my shipping notice today, jawesome.

Also, I just noticed that max's eject and intake markings are grey as well... odd...

Edited by DWN013

Got mine today.

They're beautiful...but there is a problem, imo.

The white paint that is used to make the accents on the red and blue parts is REALLY soft.

On the tabs that lock the chestplate in place in battroid mode, you have to be really careful when you're transforming from plane/gerwalk mode to battroid. There's a flyer about this in the package, but it's not really clear what they're saying, sadly, and it's in Japanese.

My Max was fine, but my Millia has two nice scrapes right down the middle of the two tabs.

There are also minor paint flaws on the bottom of the heads below the visors.

Now I need to find a compatible white paint to touch that up...

So uh, what are we supposed to see about millia's 1J that is bad?

The scratch on the tab behind the head. Right above the backpack to the right of the left super pod.

I edited to add an arrow to point out the scratch.

Edited by hutch

Got mine today.

They're beautiful...but there is a problem, imo.

The white paint that is used to make the accents on the red and blue parts is REALLY soft.

On the tabs that lock the chestplate in place in battroid mode, you have to be really careful when you're transforming from plane/gerwalk mode to battroid. There's a flyer about this in the package, but it's not really clear what they're saying, sadly, and it's in Japanese.

My Max was fine, but my Millia has two nice scrapes right down the middle of the two tabs.

There are also minor paint flaws on the bottom of the heads below the visors.

Now I need to find a compatible white paint to touch that up...

Yes, that's what the flyer talking about...

Yes, that's what the flyer talking about...

I figured it out, alas too late. Unfortunately there's nothing in the flyer that graphically indicates anything about scratching...

Just warning people not to make the same mistake I did...although I guess if everybody else knows Japanese they probably won't.