Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

Oh I think the economy can get much worse.

More and more gov spending coming, higher and higher taxes too I'm sure.

I'lll wait a little while longer . . .

Well, if my sources are correct, it's gonna be Lehman part 2. CIT's in trouble already. And this time, the commercial property sector is being hit hard. BTW, commercial property > residential property (round 1). So your guess's as good as mine when things will actually recover.

TV 1A max just doesnt work for me in jet mode

the blue just looks awkward at the places that they are in jet mode

robot & gerwalk mode is OK...

but i'll prefer TV 1A kakizaki anytime

his yellowish brown (?) matches much better with the plain white than max's blue

are you blind, blue and white match perfectly that paint job of tv ver max is cool though alot of the 1/60 v.2 look cool with their paint.

Well, if my sources are correct, it's gonna be Lehman part 2. CIT's in trouble already. And this time, the commercial property sector is being hit hard. BTW, commercial property > residential property (round 1). So your guess's as good as mine when things will actually recover.

In 3 years no one in this world will be here to care about the economy.

He never said the didn't match ^_^

But he said they don't fit well or look awkward, I admit i over reacted I'm sorry if I got angry.

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the deal with Max's weathered VF-1S? I am seeing some selling it and stating that it is limited to 300. Is this confirmed? Does each one come a certificate of authenticity stating it is 1/300? Also, the box appears to be the same as the regular VF-1S and doesn't state whether or not it is "exclusive". If anybody has purchased one, please confirm. Thanks!

So what is the deal with Max's weathered VF-1S? I am seeing some selling it and stating that it is limited to 300. Is this confirmed? Does each one come a certificate of authenticity stating it is 1/300? Also, the box appears to be the same as the regular VF-1S and doesn't state whether or not it is "exclusive". If anybody has purchased one, please confirm. Thanks!

Bump. Anybody know? :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

meh... as much as I like the new v2 valks I can't bring myself to buy the same figure with a retooled mold... It's just too much money to invest all over again and I can't get rid of or sell my old 1/48's because I love them too much. One or two v.2 variants are good enough for me atm.

So is the weathered 1S max really limited then? I imagine it is quite more expensive than the normal one if so. I just want to get a 1S max. Then I'll have that representing DYRL Max, and my 1/48 VF-1J representing TV max. It may not be all the Max birds but I'm poor and not a completionist so it is fine by me. I see it as having all his final mechs... not counting the Q-Rau... or the VF-22...

I can't see how Yamato can justify charging that much for an existing variant that costs much less without the weathering. Just because they added some weathering to it, they want more than $100 more?! Seems like it doesn't take much paint or skill to do it. Has anyone noticed if the weathering on any one of these weathered versions is consistent with another one of the same type? For example, are ALL the Ver. 2 Weathered VF-1J Hikarus all weathered in the same areas? Or is it random?

exaclty. I agree with what eugimon said.

Besides, I like the clean sparkling from the factory look.

You mean like this?

PICT2052.JPG

^_^

To be honest, if mine weren't already stickered up and I wasn't afraid to use my GM02 Gundam Marker, I would have panel lined it a long time ago. :p

-Kyp

fren, i have brought this up in macross world before,

maybe you missed the discussion.

and its too hard for me to find the link to that thread for you anymore.

but please obey this one rule:

NEVER EVER use gundam marker for the 1/60 ver2 VF-1

you will regret it.

*note: gundam markers work fine for 1/48 VF-1 BUT NOT the 1/60 ver2 VF-1

you better use a 2B pencil for panel lining ur 1/60 ver2 VF-1.

Honkhet, not that I would bother since I don't think the Yamatos really need panel lining (although it would look cool), is there a reason why Gundam Markers are bad for the 1/60 v2s? I suspect different plastics from the 1/48. I am just curious.

Oh yeah, I had almost forgot about that, thanks for reminding me.

Master Dex, it is indeed because the plastic is different that you should never use a gundam marker on the V2 1/60 VF-1's. Apparently, any excess won't rub off and will only smear leaving a permanent stain on your Valk.

I can tell you from experience however, that you CAN use gundam markers on the 1/60 VF-0S. ;)

-Kyp

Where can I get a 2B pencil and what size is it, .03mm?

-Kyp

Any stationery shop that sells mechanical pencils will do. I personally use pilot 2B 0.3mm leads and a mechanical pencil left over from my school days 2 decades ago. I don't use a pencil at work. Heck, I hardly even use a pen now. No wonder my handwriting's gone to the dogs. :p:lol:

I can't seem to find any .03mm mechanical pencils here in the States, looks like I'll have to use Feebay....

-Kyp

any art supply or college book store should have them. they're pretty common for engineering or doing design work.

any art supply or college book store should have them. they're pretty common for engineering or doing design work.

I certainly wouldn't have any trouble finding one then, lol. I have to actually get a 1/60 v2 valk first though...

I certainly wouldn't have any trouble finding one then, lol. I have to actually get a 1/60 v2 valk first though...

lol, well, I don't know about now, but back in the old days when people actually drew up little diagrams and stuff they were common... :lol:

I tried the whole mechanical pencil route and it just looks to "shiny" for my liking on the 1:60's. A little time and patience with a small brush and some dark weathering wash will look a LOT better guys......

post-11393-1250560954_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

The lining really makes the TV VF-1A "pop". The paint scheme is pretty boring in fighter but much more dynamic in battroid like you've got it there. I've got mine in Battroid too just for that reason. Can't wait for my M&M 1Js so I have something nice to show off in fighter.