Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

Oh man those weathered Max's are too sweet!

My bank does not thank you for those pics as I have just snapped and ordered the TV-1A and some weathering wash.

Who was I to think I could start selectively skipping valks?! ... Now I am on the path to ruin and a complete 1/60 V2 collection.

oops....my apologies to you and your bank ;)

Got my Max VF-1A TV today! Less than 5 days from order to doorstep from HLJ! Love it! The blue is just awesome! 1 transformation in and no problems here! Bring on the Kaki, so I can have my whole Vermillion Squadron!!

Got my Max VF-1A TV today! Less than 5 days from order to doorstep from HLJ! Love it! The blue is just awesome! 1 transformation in and no problems here! Bring on the Kaki, so I can have my whole Vermillion Squadron!!

Thats good news Bro!! Post a pic or 2. Thats why I like HLJ.com, very fast, all the time!!

Thats good news Bro!! Post a pic or 2. Thats why I like HLJ.com, very fast, all the time!!

Yeah, Overdrive beat them by 1 day, but I'm still very impressed. Considering I ordered my Blu-Ray player from Amazon and they were like 7-10 days. Fail. lol.

Picture request!

Could anyone take a picture of the Max TV VF-1A with TV superparts (Or Dyrl if you don't have TV) in fightermode please ?

Im thinking of buying a TV Max with Superparts but i want to see how good it looks first.

If I get my camera to work this evening, I should be able to get a shot of this.

thanks man...

shoulder hinge? no problem at all

my Roy has both shoulder hinges cracked,

i just put super glue on it, and never bothered me since.

honestly i could never comprehend what all the fuss on shoulder hinge was about... :ph34r:

honestly i could never comprehend what all the fuss on shoulder hinge was about... :ph34r:

You are unable to comprehend why people don't want expensive toys to break and why they get upset when it happens? :unsure:

I haven't removed my Max VF-1S from the box yet, but as I add my 1/60's to the mix of my 1/48 collection they begin to look more like "action figures" compared to the 1/48's. Even still though, the sculpt, articulation, poseability, and detail of these things are just plain awesome! I'm staring at my TV Max VF-1A now and it's just __________ (fill in the blank with awesome word).

As small as they are, they are still the shiggity! Hope to have my camera working properly tomorrow to take some cool pics!

You are unable to comprehend why people don't want expensive toys to break and why they get upset when it happens? :unsure:

man, that i can comprehend.

...anyway, nope no problems with the Max so far

or my 1J hikaru for that matter

Edited by honkhet

man, that i can comprehend.

what i cant comprehend is all the fuss about something that can be easily fixed.

no promodelling skills or what have you required

That's just it though, the thing shouldn't break in the first place. It's the principle of it. That's why people get upset because when you pay a high price for a high end toy you shouldn't have to fix it yourself. And also a lot of people aren't happy gluing something back together because even though it's got glue holding it together it's still essentially broken. And a random break here and there is one thing, it happens with toys from all manufacturers, but this problem was particularly more acute because it was a widespread problem from the factory that could have been avoided.

honestly i could never comprehend what all the fuss on shoulder hinge was about...

It's because over time, the cracks widen, and eventually the entire arm will fall off. The crack on the left shoulder hinge of my Roy 1S had a crack that was wider than the right, and before, the crack was fairly small. This is from a company who managed to release 2 exponentially more complex designs(SV-51 Nora/YF-21) with relatively qc problem-free production runs.

What I couldn't comprehend was how the hinges were overlooked at the factory prior to release. Yes if you catch it in time, if, then yes you can get the super glue in there and possibly prevent breakages*crossing fingers*. However this shouldn't have happened in the first place. For a toy so solid in other areas, even more solid than the already durable 1/48 it puzzles me why just the hinges are a weak link on the toy.

alrite guys, points taken

agreed with SDK too that SV-51 and YF-21 are exponentially more complex designs

hope the shoulder issue with the 1/60 ver2 vf-1 will be ended with this releases onwards...

i just hate that the stand attachment for battroid prevents from having the wings fully folded/closed... otherwise, nice pose, it's just so painfully obvious that that fixed pose left hand is HUGE! :lol:

Better than tiny Darth Vader hands though :rolleyes: . I know you were making the joke anyway but I couldn't resist!

Picture request!

Could anyone take a picture of the Max TV VF-1A with TV superparts (Or Dyrl if you don't have TV) in fightermode please ?

Im thinking of buying a TV Max with Superparts but i want to see how good it looks first.

I just got my TV Max today and swiped the TV Super Parts off my Hikaru 1J.

Here you go:

1zx3w4x.jpg

2m6l743.jpg

2q16g6q.jpg

I think I like my 1J better with the Supers. The Max 1A scheme is completely obscured by the parts (though this does leave a very clean white Super valk from above).

Here you go:

1zx3w4x.jpg

2m6l743.jpg

2q16g6q.jpg

I think I like my 1J better with the Supers. The Max 1A scheme is completely obscured by the parts (though this does leave a very clean white Super valk from above).

Thanks, didn't look as good as i had hoped. Think i'll wait and get a VF-1A or J CF or a VF-1D Virgin Road for my TV parts.

Are they actually making a Virgin Road valk? It would be easy I suppose, just take the VF-1D sculpt and give it VF-1J Max colors but I didn't think they'd actually do it.

It seems they are, yes, though it hasnt been officially announced.

Im not into the FP's on the TV valks either. my TV packs wil go on the Skull 1 when we eventually get one.

My aim for the V2's is to make anime accurate groups and squadrons.

Here you go:

I never noticed until now just how... plain looking the TV max looks. the nose just looks so flat and vacant. It needs numbers or safety markings or something (the tempoed the ejection seat markings on the DYRL? version, why not here?).

TV 1A max just doesnt work for me in jet mode

the blue just looks awkward at the places that they are in jet mode

robot & gerwalk mode is OK...

but i'll prefer TV 1A kakizaki anytime

his yellowish brown (?) matches much better with the plain white than max's blue

• 1 month later...

ok, so the M&M 1J thread was locked. was it getting OT or something? anyways, this is probably the best place to discuss said product if that thread stays locked

ok, so the M&M 1J thread was locked. was it getting OT or something? anyways, this is probably the best place to discuss said product if that thread stays locked

why are the fast packs red and blue???.....in the anime, at least the first time we see them, they are dark grey........

why are the fast packs red and blue???.....in the anime, at least the first time we see them, they are dark grey........

because the rest of the time they're color matched, and color matched just looks cooler so :p

Yeah - the color match looks better on the M&M FPs.

-------

Anyhow - I was just about to place my Overdrive order for the TV 1A Kak and Max, had my shopping cart all set to go.

But then I thought if I wait just a BIT longer they might go from $90 to $74.

What's do you guys think?

Yeah - the color match looks better on the M&M FPs.

-------

Anyhow - I was just about to place my Overdrive order for the TV 1A Kak and Max, had my shopping cart all set to go.

But then I thought if I wait just a BIT longer they might go from $90 to $74.

What's do you guys think?

LOL! Everything in life's a gamble of some kind or another.........Flip a coin I guess....

Do you want it now or do you thing the economy is going to get even worse over the next 6 months and they start putting newer releases on sale too. Live a little buy them now.