Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

yeah, the pegs sit in the rails a little more securely so it doesn't pop out quite as easy as the 1/48 (kind of nice since it doesn't fall off during transformation) But the plastics actually a little more fexible so you can squeeze the part enough to pop it out no problem.

I'm wondering If I'm actually mistransfroming the shoulders? I've noticed they have both an up and down position, and while I think they look better up, I seen them in the down position in a lot of photos.

got my VF-1S today, this one is my first 1/60 v.2 and I'm officially sold on these guys. this is also my first 1S toy, my first skull squadron toy, my first true DYRL Valk (My 1/48 CF is kind of half and half) and My first large scale Max figure.

now I've got something to throw my Strike FAST packs on. Even though max never used a strike 1S, it still makes for a sweet combo.

DSC03710.jpg

DSC03711.jpg

DSC03712.jpg

DSC03724.jpg

DSC03728.jpg

DSC03731.jpg

I was really surprised when I first got this. A lot of the stuff that I thought would bother me about these based on pictures (skinny legs, priest collar, bulged chest etc. etc) really haven't bothered me at all. The only real complaints I have is that the whole shoulder design sucks compared to the 1/48. the hinged part is fairly loose so it swings in and out freely and the fact that all of the shoulder articulation is at the ball joint makes posing it harder than on the 1/48. I also noticed that the wings lack the click that the 1/48 has which makes it a little harder to get both wings even.

As display pieces, I still like the 1/48's better than the 1/60's; even with the strike parts these guy's don't have nearly the shelf presence of even a naked 1/48. at the same time, I think these make much better TOYS than the 1/48's; I feel much more comfortable handling and transforming the v.2 compared to my 1/48's. the v.2 fits nicely in my hand and handling it and the 1/48 side by side makes the 1/48's feel really unwieldy. And since my 1/48's have been panel lined/partialy repainted and are covered in takatoys stickers, I hate transforming them for fear of screwing something up. The v.2 really looks great without the any stickers or weathering which really adds to the playability.

Nice pics! I think I'll order this one next and maybe a 1D. So got yours with the strike pack? Were did you get yours from? Im thinking of getting some valks from toy-wave but they dont have the strike pack with it. http://www.toy-wave.com/eng/product.php?table=18e

The strike pack isn't included, he used the strike packs from another figure or he bought them separately. If you want some you could by the VF-1S, VF-1A combo i believe, or just by them separately.

Nice pics! I think I'll order this one next and maybe a 1D. So got yours with the strike pack? Were did you get yours from? Im thinking of getting some valks from toy-wave but they dont have the strike pack with it. http://www.toy-wave.com/eng/product.php?table=18e

yeah, the strike packs are the stand alone parts. I bought the 1S from Overdrive, and the strike parts I got from HLJ (they were about $5 cheaper through HLJ at the time, and they came with the Sheryl decals for the VF-25 model)

As others have said if you want the strike packs you will need to order them seperately. I ordered my 1S & seperate Strike Pack from Toy-Wave and should have it in the next few days (just cleared customs). I will just say that Toy-Wave have been nothing but good to me and I have ordered many valks through them.

Edited by General Chaos

Got my 1A TV Max today and I'm quite pleased with it. This is my re-introduction into the 1/60 2.0 line after being scared away by Roy's broken shoulders. I still am not fond of the whole shoulder hinge mechanism and how it doesn't lock into anything in Battroid mode, but at least it has been improved (I'm taking Yamato's word for it) and shouldn't break as easily. I decided I really want to enjoy this thing so I'm just not going to worry about the shoulders. If they break in the future I can be upset about it then. For now, this thing is a damn fine toy. I really hate to gush but QC-wise almost everything is perfect on my sample. Perfect parts fit, perfect paint, perfect tolerances in the joints. The only part I had trouble with was the feet/thrusters. They were incredibly hard to pull out of the legs. I actually thought for a while that I would have to take the legs apart and see what was in the way.

The color combination is so vibrant on this bird. I have him displayed with my CMs Legioss and Tlead and the colors seem to be an exact match - they look incredible together.

That said, I think I still like the 1/48 scale better but after so many years I'm so familiar with the 1/48 that I feel I can't make a fair comparison until I've spent a few years with the 1/60.

Any chance of Yamato releasing different colored heatshields? Don't really want to pick up a DYRL-1A Max just to get a blue heatshield for Max-1S.

:wacko:

Oh Yamato, way to milk us.

Edited by Chowser

Got my 1A TV Max today and I'm quite pleased with it. This is my re-introduction into the 1/60 2.0 line after being scared away by Roy's broken shoulders. I still am not fond of the whole shoulder hinge mechanism and how it doesn't lock into anything in Battroid mode, but at least it has been improved (I'm taking Yamato's word for it) and shouldn't break as easily.
So do the shoulder hinges on your TV Max look and feel significantly different than the Roy 1S that you had?

So do the shoulder hinges on your TV Max look and feel significantly different than the Roy 1S that you had?

It's hard to tell without having an older one in hand to compare it to, but the plastic around the pin does appear to be thicker, which would indicate a smaller diameter pin. The only other differences I notice is that sliding the piece over that bump feels smoother than it did on the Roy, like I didn't have to put as much force on it. That and the shoulder joints weren't so tight so when I move them there isn't as much pressure put on the shoulder hinge. Hopefully these small differences will be enough to prevent broken hinges in the future, but only time will tell. For now I'm not going to worry about it. ^_^

Is that a good thing or bad thing?

If you actually own the toys and have handled them you already know the answer to this.

It's hard to tell without having an older one in hand to compare it to, but the plastic around the pin does appear to be thicker, which would indicate a smaller diameter pin. The only other differences I notice is that sliding the piece over that bump feels smoother than it did on the Roy, like I didn't have to put as much force on it. That and the shoulder joints weren't so tight so when I move them there isn't as much pressure put on the shoulder hinge. Hopefully these small differences will be enough to prevent broken hinges in the future, but only time will tell. For now I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks for the reply man. Yamato probably reduced the thickness of the bump to reduce tension when pushing the hinge over. I really hope the smaller pin works well, ideally, it sounds like it will.

Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Good thing. On my Roy the shoulder balls were so tight that trying to move the arms really wrenched on the shoulder hinge. On my new Max the shoulder joints are not as tight as that. I'm not saying they are loose if that's what it sounded like. ^_^

Yeah that always bugged me about my Roy 1S. I was affraid that I'd just twist the plastic instead of the shoulder just rotating.

I did get my TV Max yesterday...I love it!!! My birthday was sat. so I just bought a 1S Max last night too! Of course I won't get it for at least a week. :(

So lets see. So far I have a 1S Roy with strike parts, 1J Hikaru with Super parts, a 1D, Tv 1A Max, 1S Max. I plan on getting the: 1A CF, VT-1, and the VE-1. Then I'm done......until some sweet customs start comming out like a Lv or something....YIKES!!!!

Chris

Yeah that always bugged me about my Roy 1S. I was affraid that I'd just twist the plastic instead of the shoulder just rotating.

I did get my TV Max yesterday...I love it!!! My birthday was sat. so I just bought a 1S Max last night too! Of course I won't get it for at least a week. :(

So lets see. So far I have a 1S Roy with strike parts, 1J Hikaru with Super parts, a 1D, Tv 1A Max, 1S Max. I plan on getting the: 1A CF, VT-1, and the VE-1. Then I'm done......until some sweet customs start comming out like a Lv or something....YIKES!!!!

Chris

I received mine too from Over Drive. It's looks really awsome in battroid mode...Just don't forget to loosen the shoulder screw though~~

I'll confirm with Yamato what changes were made and report back.

Also, some brave person that owns a set of digital calipers and a Max 1S or 1A could always try removing the shoulder pin to measure it and compare it with a pin from one of the older toys.

Graham

I'll confirm with Yamato what changes were made and report back.
Awesome thanks! Can you also ask if they tested out the new hinge so that they can confirm that the changes to the hinge will permanently decimate any chances of breakages? Also advice from them on preventing further cracks on pre-VF-1A/S Max toys would be appreciated too.

For those who have the TV Max 1A, could you post some pics of it with FastPacks on in fighter mode ? Hopefully with TV fastpacks.

I dont have the tv fps yet but heres what it looks like on the other one... :wub: Taken with my crappy camera YES!!! :p Another Yamato perfection shoulders are fine.

MacrossPics1Atvand1S007.jpg

MacrossPics1Atvand1S009.jpg

MacrossPics1Atvand1S011.jpg

MacrossPics1Atvand1S015.jpg

MacrossPics1Atvand1S016.jpg

MacrossPics1Atvand1S017.jpg

MacrossPics1Atvand1S026.jpg

my favorate shot

Edited by Gunpod71

Got my TV Max today, great toy... except the thruster on the right leg wouldn't extend to open into a foot. Had to unscrew the leg just to get it out. Any tips on how to fix this so i do not have to unscrew and screw inorder to transform the toy?