Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

I'm not sure I follow that...wouldn't they just make a smaller hole to accomodate the smaller pin?

Yup, and that would leave more plastic. So the distance from the edge of the peice to the hole will be greater thus look thicker. Same size peice but with the smaller whole there will be more plastic. ;)

Chris

Yup, and that would leave more plastic. So the distance from the edge of the peice to the hole will be greater thus look thicker. Same size peice but with the smaller whole there will be more plastic. ;)

Chris

That I follow. I was thinking that he meant the made the overall piece bigger or something, which didn't make sense but yeah, making the hole smaller would make the piece look thicker. In any case, I just hope this fix resolves the cracking problem once and for all. :)

Chris

Sorry for the confusing. That's what I mean.

To me it is easier to observe that the plastic margin left is now thicker, than the pin diameter is smaller in the picture (flash light effect and the like).

And the pin actually looks smaller too in person when I compare them side to side.

any more pics of vf-1a tv version? :)

I want to apply stickers to the 1A first, it looks too plain to me in figther mode with just a UNSPACY kite on it...

Thanks for the comparison shot. Definitely looks thicker.

And SWOOSH!!! Great photos as always. Havent seen enough of you and your shots lately. It is good to see your stuff again.

Thanks Miriya, I got some VF-25G pic in strike a pose 3.0 pg19 ^_^

Sorry for the confusing. That's what I mean.

To me it is easier to observe that the plastic margin left is now thicker, than the pin diameter is smaller in the picture (flash light effect and the like).

And the pin actually looks smaller too in person when I compare them side to side.

Any signs of stress? I'm very tempted to order one right now.

The 1S looks GREAT too. I was thinking of passing but now I'm not so sure.....relevant scene in DYRL? which I absolutely loved, and the blue, sure it's just a repaint of Roy's but damn that blue looks good on the 1S.

I prefer the black heatshield on the 1S as it makes it different from Max's DYRL? 1A.

Great pics guys! I definately love the black heatshield on the 1S Max at least its different fm the 1A DYRL version. Good to know the improvement & difference on the pin diameter & we will see how it can stand the stress later on.

Edited by Javabean

Gotta say the TV VF-1A head looks much better in person than in the photos.

Despite not really liking the Max & Kakizaki TV 1A schemes, I gotta say in battroid mode the Max 1A looks really nice in 1/60. Still think fighter mode is meh though (too bland).

Graham

Could someone post some compairison photos of the DYRL 1A and tv 1A heads? I'd really like to see some compairson shots to see the differences. Thanks.

Chris

Gotta say the TV VF-1A head looks much better in person than in the photos.

Despite not really liking the Max & Kakizaki TV 1A schemes, I gotta say in battroid mode the Max 1A looks really nice in 1/60. Still think fighter mode is meh though (too bland).

Graham

I'm glad to hear the head looks better in person! I agree that fighter mode on the TV 1A is bland and yet for some reason that's part of what draws me to it.

My VF-1S Max is in NYC JFK, as long as it gets through customs I should have it by tomorrow.

Mine 1A Max just left Japan, so Monday for me. I was hoping to spend the weekend with Max, oh well. :p

i think the best thing about the TV valks (talkin' bout hikaru's vf-1j, vf-1d and max vf-1a) is the robot mode

in 1/60 v2, it looks really cute and kind of funny... provides comic relief

you can get them into hillarious poses without feeling bad,

poses that you would NEVER do to your VF-1S :p

i myself have the vf-1j which i always keep in robot mode without super parts,

looking at it just gives me a sense of warmth that i can never get from looking at my roy's vf-1s.

guess i'm talking crap here, is it just me?

Edited by honkhet

Man I'm really hoping this hinges were fixed, it does make sense that a smaller pin with thicker hinge would fix it, that's how the 1/48 hinges were and mine hasn't broken. You can push that thing through the stoppers and see no breakage.

After staring at the VF-1S Max Custom pics, I can see why the DYRL? valks sell well in Japan and why companies like Yamato and Bandai constantly pimp out the DYRL? valks first; it's just a damn sexy deco. Sure Max's just has blue trim instead of yellow like Roy, but blue looks good on a Skull valkyrie. So does red.

Damn I never imagined I'd want to get the 1S but I just might....DYRL? dogfight FTW!

I've spent a little time with VF-1S max and absolutely love it. On a downside I was comparing the shoulders with my VF-1J and I couldn't tell any difference. Doesn't mean it isn't fixed but with the naked eye they look the same. I'll probably take some picks soon but they aren't going to look very good compared to some of these other shots you've already seen. (Hence I don't have very good photo skills)

Edited by wipedout

Still think fighter mode is meh though (too bland).

Graham

Don't know about that. Especially after seeing this pic by Swoosh here. I have this in 1/48 as well and have to say fighter mode is definitely a tighter look than the 1/48. Not a lot of flash, but definitely a tighter and "crisper" look in fighter mode if that makes sense.

Hey Graham, we just love the 'bland' looking TV Max 1A! :D

What a year to start off with these coming ver 2 1/60.

I really like the paint scheme on this valk. Love the blue on the arms and especially the legs... its draws you in. :wub: Just ordered 1S Hikaru w/strike and TV Max and it just shipped last friday.... Cant wait... for all you MW members including me waiting for their shipment to arrive... this songs for you... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLCJEYLIBQY

Edited by Gunpod71

got my VF-1S today, this one is my first 1/60 v.2 and I'm officially sold on these guys. this is also my first 1S toy, my first skull squadron toy, my first true DYRL Valk (My 1/48 CF is kind of half and half) and My first large scale Max figure.

now I've got something to throw my Strike FAST packs on. Even though max never used a strike 1S, it still makes for a sweet combo.

DSC03710.jpg

DSC03711.jpg

DSC03712.jpg

DSC03724.jpg

DSC03728.jpg

DSC03731.jpg

I was really surprised when I first got this. A lot of the stuff that I thought would bother me about these based on pictures (skinny legs, priest collar, bulged chest etc. etc) really haven't bothered me at all. The only real complaints I have is that the whole shoulder design sucks compared to the 1/48. the hinged part is fairly loose so it swings in and out freely and the fact that all of the shoulder articulation is at the ball joint makes posing it harder than on the 1/48. I also noticed that the wings lack the click that the 1/48 has which makes it a little harder to get both wings even.

As display pieces, I still like the 1/48's better than the 1/60's; even with the strike parts these guy's don't have nearly the shelf presence of even a naked 1/48. at the same time, I think these make much better TOYS than the 1/48's; I feel much more comfortable handling and transforming the v.2 compared to my 1/48's. the v.2 fits nicely in my hand and handling it and the 1/48 side by side makes the 1/48's feel really unwieldy. And since my 1/48's have been panel lined/partialy repainted and are covered in takatoys stickers, I hate transforming them for fear of screwing something up. The v.2 really looks great without the any stickers or weathering which really adds to the playability.

Edited by anime52k8

Has anyone removed the heatshield from any of the new 1/60s? I would like to buy a DYRL VF-1A Max and swap out the heatshield with the VF-1S Max, but I'm worried that I could break the pegs on the heatshields.

i have... fairly easy, just squeeze one of the sides until the peg is out. i don't think the pegs will break unless you force it out while both pegs are still in their respective slots (BTW, it's easier to remove it if you pull out the whole cockpit/fuselage section first)... i usually remove it when i have it in fighter mode w/ FPs, so i can push down that hatch at the backplate so the antennae wont scratch the paint off of the vertical stabs... i even swapped the black skull heatshield onto my Hik 1J, and it looks fairly good on it...

Edited by m0n5t3r