Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

Max VF-1S has a black heat shield......WTF!!!!! It should be blue damn it! Sorry, I refuse to accept that black is anything but an animation error.

Gonna have to pick up a second DYRL Max 1A when they come out, so I can I can snag the blue heatshield for the 1S.

Oh well, planning to keep ithe Max 1S in fighter mode mostly anyway.

Graham

Max VF-1S has a black heat shield......WTF!!!!! It should be blue damn it! Sorry, I refuse to accept that black is anything but an animation error.

Gonna have to pick up a second DYRL Max 1A when they come out, so I can I can snag the blue heatshield for the 1S.

Graham

Frankly, I prefer Max 1S' heatshield to remain blue too. Oh well.

I have my swapped-head (and wing) 1/48 Max VF-1S having a blue one, so I am fine with the variety.

For comparison purpose, here is a pic for the 1/48 1S and TV 1A:

6cfb10b9.jpg

52522b0b.jpg

Graham

If you're getting a DYRL 1A, which is all but identical to the 1S, why even bother getting the 1S unless you were going to have it in battroid mode?

If you're getting a DYRL 1A, which is all but identical to the 1S, why even bother getting the 1S unless you were going to have it in battroid mode?

I plan to display the DYRL Max 1A in battroid mode with FAST Packs like in the opening battle in DYRL. Be cool to pose with a 1/60 Regult if Yamato ever makes one.

For the DYRL Max 1S, I want to display it in fighter mode on a flexi stand with 4 x UMM-7 micro-missile pods on the wings, so I can imagining it flying over the sea on Earth, like in the scene where Kakizaki gets wasted.

Graham

Is it me, or is the head on the max tv much nicer on the 1/48 than on the 1/60??? Guess it is harder for 1a head in 1/60th, cause the 1s looks perfect.

I was kinda thinking that the 1/48 head looked better, too. I still like the 1/60 head though.

I just checked... But by mere observation, I don't notice any significant difference between the new 1S/1A with the Focker 1S.

We are talking about the shoulder pin of the flipping part, right?

Yes, that's the part. Thanks for checking! The newer pins are supposed to be a smaller diameter. I wonder though if the difference would be enough to see with the naked eye. The pins are so small to begin with that it might be really hard to tell.

I have to amend my claim:

Previous me bad, I was only looking at them one by one. And it didn't look different to me.

Then I was trying to shoot a comparsion of the shoulders for your guys, so I put them (Focker and Max 1S) side by side. Then I think there is a quite obvious difference of white parts in the diameter if you look at it from the top! Excuse me for my clumsy English; in short, the pin seems to be smaller!

Edit: I'd better leave it to your own decision. Pic uploaded.

post-10384-1240414188_thumb.jpg

Edited by ff95gj

God I love the brightness of that white and that shade of blue on the TV 1A. Mine can't come fast enough!

As for the shoulder pins, I think it's the metal pins themselves that are supposed to be different, and they aren't really visible in those pics.

Edit: I'd better leave it to your own decision. Pic uploaded.

Thanks for the comparison shot. Definitely looks thicker.

And SWOOSH!!! Great photos as always. Havent seen enough of you and your shots lately. It is good to see your stuff again.