Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

The TV max will be my 4th 1/60. Can't wait.

What is that picture on the front? - Behind the Max fighter? Is it the SDF bridge?

Yup, it's the SDF-1 bridge (DYRL version)

... um yeah why the DYRL bridge for the TV Max? :wacko:

It's about time the box art is toon related! Now lets see if we can get those rough texture box like the 80's.

I'm not someone who usually cares much about packaging but damn if I wouldn't like to see a return to that textured style of the old Takatoku boxes. I actually like that even more than the Toynami Masterpiece boxes.

... um yeah why the DYRL bridge for the TV Max? :wacko:

Cause Yamato knows we need something to bitch about! Or....their artist was all hopped up on happy time substances and was like "yessss, that's the right one"....or he has never watched either SDFM or DYRL?

It's about time the box art is toon related! Now lets see if we can get those rough texture box like the 80's.

I agree....but isn't the box for the 1D toon related? I'm not sure...but it seems to be. I do however wish they were rough textured as well.

I'm not someone who usually cares much about packaging but damn if I wouldn't like to see a return to that textured style of the old Takatoku boxes.

I believe you're prob. right. There are not that many people that care about the packaging. But like GHQ said. I too wish it were rough textured packaging.

EDIT - Pic of 1D ox for judgment on how cartoony it is...

2009-04-07-003-1.jpg

Edited by macross1979

No word yet from Overdrive yet on my VF-1a either. It's been paid for for months now. I know it was just released today, I'm just being impatient and want it now!! :p:D

Chris

Hey all, couple quick questions. How much does HLJ usually charge to ship the 1/60s to the US EMS? Whats the difference for multiple valks? Full price or a combined rate? I never ordered from them before so my Max 1S is ready and the VF-11 should be soon so would it be cheaper to hold Max until the VF-11 is ready or just ship him now?

Overdrive has been moving for the last week... that may lead to some delays as they try to get caught up on everything.

<_< damn... My 1S is already payed for so all this weighting sucks, course If I hadn't already payed for this I would have canceled by now ( super broke right now)

Mine has shipped from HLJ. How long does it usually take shipped via EMS to the East Cost of the US?

I'm not on the East Coast, but EMS typically takes 3 or 4 days to get to Minnesota. I wouldn't think it would be much longer than that for the East coast. You should be enjoying your new Max on Friday I would guess. :)

which one do you like best ff97gj ??? I was originally thinking the tv-1a for sure, but from the pictures alone, the head looks less impressive than what i was expecting, and in fact, maybe better on the 1/48 than on the 1/60th... As for the 1S, it looks even better than anticipated. Both look great in fighter mode.

Man! God only knows how long until Over-drive will get these out. AFAIK they've been saying that the problem will be fixed soon, all month. Why would moving screw up your web shop?

Chris

which one do you like best ff97gj ??? I was originally thinking the tv-1a for sure, but from the pictures alone, the head looks less impressive than what i was expecting, and in fact, maybe better on the 1/48 than on the 1/60th... As for the 1S, it looks even better than anticipated. Both look great in fighter mode.

It's difficult to decide. I played a lot with the VF-1S, so I didn't have time to shoot the VF-1A. And then when I picked up the 1A, I cannot resist to take a few for the 1A too.

I'll probably say... I really like the blue and white on the 1A.

Besides the "eye sensor" not sticking out like the DYRL 1A does I don't see any defference between it and this TV style. Can you post any compairison shots? I thought there would be more changes.

Chris

Man! God only knows how long until Over-drive will get these out. AFAIK they've been saying that the problem will be fixed soon, all month. Why would moving screw up your web shop?

Chris

This has been absolutely ridiculous, even more so considering I had to pay for this up front more than a month ago. If I could actually log in on their site I'd seriously consider canceling the order and buying this somewhere else.

Picked up today!

c67d2faf.jpg

Reverse miclonization?!?! Deculture!!!

Nice shots and thanks for sharing. Just when I thought I was about to catch up, Yamato decides to drop a double nut loogie on us. Good thing I just cashed in some vacation time. Should have these two soon.