Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

a bit dumb to ask this in a max jenius forum,

but which 1S do u guys think made the most impact in DYRL?

hikaru or max?

i simply cant decide between these 2

What do you mean by "impact"? To the audience or to the Macross universe?

To the audience... It depends. Somebody doesn't even notice Max piloted a 1S. Some of us think it was a classic dogfight between Max and Millia.

On the other hand, the full-ammo attack from Hikaru is very impressive. I still would vote for Hikaru while I love Max more - H is the protagonist, after all. A personally feeling is that the movie is too short to portrait Max's ingenius pilot skill. The movie is cheesy enough to let Kakizaki yell "you are a genius!".

To the Macross universe... I think it's Hikaru. He has the honor to kill the big bad boss and end the war. That is a bigger impact than "shooting down an ememy ace and joining her thereafter".

Hey macross1979, I like that avatar. Cool pose.

Sorry if I am off topic guys.

But,

Back on topic....

I am sort of kind of jonesing and fiending for a TV max. I am envisioning him with dual strike cannons painted white and blue. Anyone else see that? Just put on your sake vision. It works wonders.

What do you mean by "impact"? To the audience or to the Macross universe?

To the audience... It depends. Somebody doesn't even notice Max piloted a 1S. Some of us think it was a classic dogfight between Max and Millia.

On the other hand, the full-ammo attack from Hikaru is very impressive. I still would vote for Hikaru while I love Max more - H is the protagonist, after all. A personally feeling is that the movie is too short to portrait Max's ingenius pilot skill. The movie is cheesy enough to let Kakizaki yell "you are a genius!".

To the Macross universe... I think it's Hikaru. He has the honor to kill the big bad boss and end the war. That is a bigger impact than "shooting down an ememy ace and joining her thereafter".

yeah, i meant to the audience

i have to admit, i'm one of those people who didnt actually notice Max piloted a 1S until someone told me :unsure:

Hey macross1979, I like that avatar. Cool pose.

Sorry if I am off topic guys.

But,

Back on topic....

I am sort of kind of jonesing and fiending for a TV max. I am envisioning him with dual strike cannons painted white and blue. Anyone else see that? Just put on your sake vision. It works wonders.

Thanks mate! I can totally see what you see when imagining what you are imagining with the dual strike cannons painted white and blue...YUMMMMMY! That would be one good looking valk.

EDIT -

It's so funny you mentioned dual strike cannons cause I just took a shot of the 1D with dual strike cannons :wub:

Edited by macross1979

Hikaru's or Max VF-1S?

What about mine?

If it wasn't for me faking of mine own Heroic "death" Kamjin would have lived, cause trouble and add an additional hour to the Movie's run time.

Aww crap! Not for me, that's the one I already paid for, while I'm still saving for the VF-11. Oh, well :(

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Just like the 1S Max being pushed back fm Mar to Apr, i guess Yamato needs more times to produce the new smaller pins & may not be able to supply on time for the 1A Max. Anyway, its good for my wallet as well!

Edited by Javabean

Not much of a frequent poster on here, but I was thinking of getting the TV VF-1A Max as my first 1/60 Valk. I only own one 1/48 so it doesn't impact a collection. I've always liked Max's colors and always had a soft spot for the TV VF-1A. When I saw the 1/48 limited version, I wanted it it so bad. But at that price its almost my paycheck. But, I was happy to see the 1/60th coming out.

I do have a question: To date, I haven't seen any photos of the pilot figure. It is coming with one right? Also, I know is brought up a lot but I haven't seen any thing that clearly says it: will it have the shoulder problem? Don't feel like plunking down the cash only to have it break.

Thanks

Not much of a frequent poster on here, but I was thinking of getting the TV VF-1A Max as my first 1/60 Valk. I only own one 1/48 so it doesn't impact a collection. I've always liked Max's colors and always had a soft spot for the TV VF-1A. When I saw the 1/48 limited version, I wanted it it so bad. But at that price its almost my paycheck. But, I was happy to see the 1/60th coming out.

I do have a question: To date, I haven't seen any photos of the pilot figure. It is coming with one right? Also, I know is brought up a lot but I haven't seen any thing that clearly says it: will it have the shoulder problem? Don't feel like plunking down the cash only to have it break.

Thanks

It will come with a pilot figure (TV max style blue and white) and they are working on the shoulder problem and its release date has been pushed back probably because of that. It should be a really solid yamato figure.

It will come with a pilot figure (TV max style blue and white) and they are working on the shoulder problem and its release date has been pushed back probably because of that. It should be a really solid yamato figure.

Ah, thanks. Glad to hear that they are working on that problem. Can't wait, I think I'll go pre-order it now.

I wonder if this delay has something to do with the shoulder joint pins or if Yamato is simply trying to space out the releases a little.
Good, they can take all the time they want or need, it will be worth the wait and it gives guys like us time to save up. I LOVE the v2 1/60 design and if the hinges are fixed, in my opinion it will be the best modern VF-1 toy.

Good, they can take all the time they want or need, it will be worth the wait and it gives guys like us time to save up. I LOVE the v2 1/60 design and if the hinges are fixed, in my opinion it will be the best modern VF-1 toy.

Does anyone know if the older v2's like hikarus and the vf-1d are going to get the new pin treatment?

Does anyone know if the older v2's like hikarus and the vf-1d are going to get the new pin treatment?
Most likely, I would say later this year or early next year. Yamato typically reissues products a while after the 1st runs saturate and are sold. Reissues are also in response to demand, for example the 1/48 VF-1S Roy Custom was released more than twice.
seems the VF-1S max is still on schedule though,

but will it have the shoulder pin fix...

Most likely.

Are we sure that HLJ is right about the vf-1a? It actually says 4-21 on yamato's website. They usually don't put out a release date for an item until it is actually ready to be released, otherwise they just have the release month listed.