Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

I know this valk comes out in April sometime, but does anyone have any idea as to when in April or is Yamato always this vague? I am just curious because right now I am wrestling with buying something either (much more expensive than this) or this VF-1S here but if this doesn't come out until late April I don't know if I will wait for it (if I don't get it this month I'll wait a while longer for it probably). However if this comes out early to mid April I may just wait for it (or place a pre-order).

usually when a release is listed in "April" (or any other month) it means "the absolute last day in that month." which sucks. I want my damn toy!!! :angry:

Screw the 1S trinity it's all about the true Vermillion Squadron, that's what I am waiting for.

well screw your screwing of the holy 1S trinity :p

and it's really all about the 1S quadrilogy, (you know you want a kakizaki 1S too :D )

haha... kakizaki 1S

honestly, the 1A dyrl kakizaki looks much better now in 1/60 ver2,

than it did in 1/48.

when i imagine the angel birds scheme in 1/60 ver2,

somehow it seemed awesome too :S

its got to be that tinted canopy playing tricks on me...

anyway good job yamato and i will continue to buy more 1/60 ver2

Good news, I've been waiting for the TV 1A to be released. Mine is already paid for through Overdrive. I hope the stands come out soon too.

Chris

Good news, I've been waiting for the TV 1A to be released. Mine is already paid for through Overdrive. I hope the stands come out soon too.

Chris

See now. Speaking of stands. You know how they keep including the attachment pieces for their launch arms...well...do you think they will come out with a "better" stand in order for us to use those pieces if we do not have one of the launch arm stands? I have 1 Launch arm. But that's probably the only own I'll own.

See now. Speaking of stands. You know how they keep including the attachment pieces for their launch arms...well...do you think they will come out with a "better" stand in order for us to use those pieces if we do not have one of the launch arm stands? I have 1 Launch arm. But that's probably the only own I'll own.

they supposed to be coming out with a new Generic stand that's cheaper than the launch arms and at least looks better. I don't know if they'll use the old mounting parts though.

IIRC they will. They show the old VF-0's mounted on them so I pretty sure that it uses the same mounts. At least I'm hoping so...I got 4 on order and plan on getting a few more if they work out well. Hopefully Yamato won't box them in 1/60 size boxes so we can save on shipping!! They really need to take lessons from Bandai on how to properly box toys :D

Chris

...so guys, how many of you are getting the 1S and/or the 1A?

i think i'll get the 1A,

cos my guess is that my gf would be furious if she saw i got an exact copy of roy,

with just a blue line for another 100 bucks (USD)?

she'd practically slaughter me :(

Yup, Max was the flight lead flying a 1S in DYRL after Hikaru and Misa were recovered. The scene where Kakisaki gets killed and then Max takes on Miriya.

Chris

And I got your humor there too! Anyways, it must have been a good fight that it slipped my mind.

Seriously, check out Mr. March's, Macross Mecha Manual, site and you'll be able to read more detailed information of what valkyrie(s) appeared in what series of Macross.

Thanks, Mr. March. ^_^

I want to get the VF-1S Max but I may put it off for a while until I have more to spend. I was going to do it sooner but for now I'm allocating funds to a VF-25G 1/72 model and fast packs for it. I might be able to get Max's 1S sometime in the summer or after though, I do still want it. It'll go great with my 1/48 VF-1J Max!

they supposed to be coming out with a new Generic stand that's cheaper than the launch arms and at least looks better. I don't know if they'll use the old mounting parts though.

YES!

IIRC they will. They show the old VF-0's mounted on them so I pretty sure that it uses the same mounts. At least I'm hoping so...I got 4 on order and plan on getting a few more if they work out well. Hopefully Yamato won't box them in 1/60 size boxes so we can save on shipping!! They really need to take lessons from Bandai on how to properly box toys :D

Chris

YES YES! Thanks...this is really good news!

What's the big deal about Max VF-1S? I don't recall seeing that in the cartoon or in DYRL.

It's there...TRUST ME.

You missed have had your eyes closed during the scene where Max takes on Miria in DYRL.

Such an awesome battle. I even put that battle on my cell phone cause it was so cool.

Dude, we all know how cool you are with those shades (your mom told us). But you really need to take them off when watching movies or videos. B))

:lol:

:lol: Sorry Agent GHQ...it was funny.

Thanks, Mr. March. ^_^

YES! Thanks Mr. March. You have been the biggest help.

I never tire of seeing that. Even in complete darkness he IS the most badass pilot of any show, anime, or whatever. I was going to pass on him but I will just suck it up and get his DYRL and TV 1A versions. I won't get the 1J though because I already have it in 1/48 scale and I like it in that scale. I do need to eventually buy Miriya to go with him.

Edited by kanedaestes

I never tire of seeing that. Even in complete darkness he IS the most badass pilot of any show, anime, or whatever.
One of the best scenes in the movie. Definitely the best dogfight he had onscreen. It's the sole reason most fans want his VF-1S. He was only Skull Leader for what, less than 10 minutes onscreen? Yet that scene is awesome enough to justify purchasing that valkyrie. Definitely something to purchase if you are a Max fan, in fact why else would anyone want it? It's not like it'll have a ton of resale value, it's not as recognizable as his TV VF-1J.