Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

HECK, we even saw yellow heat shield for roy when he chased the captured VT-1 and entered that zentran ship and got himself captured.

yamato's move of changing max heat shield black to be "anime accurate"

no doubt will spring tonnes of questions about anime accuracy...

i mean this debate is going to be endless

lets all just refer to the macross mecha manual...

ahhh black heat shield for vf-1s max... what about hikaru...

damn cant really see the heat shield in that pic,

but the fast pack skulls are in black so the heatshield should also be black...

peace

... did max vf-1s ever appear in macross 7?

sorry that i never watched macross 7

Actually yes.....and you REALLY should watch Macross 7 (BOMBA!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E5V2x3-lVY (about 4:58 in)

Hikaru's VF-1S with red heatshield

Max's VF-1S with blue heatshield

holy smokes thanks for the reply to my question guys!!!

VERY appreciated :D

this kinda justifes collecting the max vf-1s and a miria vf-1j later on...

as its appearance in macross 7 proves they do co-exist.

previously i thought only the max vf-1j co-existed with the miria vf-1j (ala SDF TV series)

Ok, its been waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to long since I've watched Macross 7, Time to break out the DVD's and catch up, I forgot about Max's VF-1S showing up, its a brief scene, but it is there. I guess that explains why I thought I remembered him having a blue heat shield.

On the other hand, the 1/60 VF-1S is from the DYRL movie, and the black shield is accurate!!!

Thanks for the picture Javabean, I've yet to buy any of the V.2 1/60 Valks. But I'll make the exception for all 3 of Max's Valkyries, especially his VF-1S.

And yes the Phalanx is gonna be sweet!!

The Max 1S has been delayed to April.

WTF??!?!??!?! NOOOOO! :angry: :angry:

so... pissed... off... right... now... I want my damn 1S max I already payed for it on overdrive T_T

WTF??!?!??!?! NOOOOO! :angry: :angry:

so... pissed... off... right... now... I want my damn 1S max I already payed for it on overdrive T_T

They just changed it yesterday!

http://www.yamato-toys.com/after/index.html

I don't know if it is a good thing or not. I spent a lot for deposits this month.... Kakizaki TV-1A, VF-25S AP, VF-25S Super Parts... And also I got several MF model kits.

If it means waiting a bit longer to get Max's 1S because Yamato is making sure the shoulders don't snap or break, I'm all in favor of waiting. Been hoping since 1984 for a Max VF-1S, I'll survive a little longer. B))

I too am very interested in getting a Max VF-1S even though I'm not exactly easy on the money right now. However I have a 1/48 VF-1J Max and the new 1/60 VF-1S Max will go great with it, two different versions of the legendary genius.

I have a question though someone may know, I can tell the VF-1S Max isn't coming out with strike or super parts at first, any idea when we get a set with strike parts, or even when a strike parts set will come out. Or would any strike parts do for it? I don't know if they can be interchangeable (color wise and all, Roy's strike parts probably wouldn't work as well). Do they even sell individual strike and super parts for the existing 1/60s?

I too am very interested in getting a Max VF-1S even though I'm not exactly easy on the money right now. However I have a 1/48 VF-1J Max and the new 1/60 VF-1S Max will go great with it, two different versions of the legendary genius.

I have a question though someone may know, I can tell the VF-1S Max isn't coming out with strike or super parts at first, any idea when we get a set with strike parts, or even when a strike parts set will come out. Or would any strike parts do for it? I don't know if they can be interchangeable (color wise and all, Roy's strike parts probably wouldn't work as well). Do they even sell individual strike and super parts for the existing 1/60s?

Yes, there is the standalone SSP for the new 1/60, it's even on sale on HLJ (2850yen!).

I don't think they would release a SSP set, as they plan to, they probably would have done it first like the VF-1S Focker/Hikaru or the VF-1J/VF-1A Hikaru.

Just for a side note; the Max VF-1S never uses the SSP in the movie. It looks cool with it though. B))

If it means waiting a bit longer to get Max's 1S because Yamato is making sure the shoulders don't snap or break, I'm all in favor of waiting. Been hoping since 1984 for a Max VF-1S, I'll survive a little longer. B))

Just wondering, if they do make improvements to the parts, will they pass that little improvement to their other models? (Like a later-made VF-1A V2 gets the benefit down the line...)

Edited by shiroikaze

Yes, there is the standalone SSP for the new 1/60, it's even on sale on HLJ (2850yen!).

I don't think they would release a SSP set, as they plan to, they probably would have done it first like the VF-1S Focker/Hikaru or the VF-1J/VF-1A Hikaru.

Just for a side note; the Max VF-1S never uses the SSP in the movie. It looks cool with it though. B))

I know Max never used SSP on the 1S in the movie but I just really like strike parts on a 1S. Also I use Max's VF-1S with strike packs if SDF Macross on PS2 all the time (that or Max VF-1J with super parts, depends on situation) and it looks killer there.

However that makes sense that they wouldn't release a set just for Mac since he didn't use the parts in the movie. So the current standalone SSP set, will that work fine with the VF-1S Max you think? I was worried they'd have Roy or Hikaru colors that couldn't be changed or taken off.

I know Max never used SSP on the 1S in the movie but I just really like strike parts on a 1S. Also I use Max's VF-1S with strike packs if SDF Macross on PS2 all the time (that or Max VF-1J with super parts, depends on situation) and it looks killer there.

However that makes sense that they wouldn't release a set just for Mac since he didn't use the parts in the movie. So the current standalone SSP set, will that work fine with the VF-1S Max you think? I was worried they'd have Roy or Hikaru colors that couldn't be changed or taken off.

No worries; the skull logo on the backpack is for you to choose (stickers, obviously). Black, blue, red or green.

and anyway, roys skull colors for strkie parts would be the correct color, cos by they both have the same black heatshield. i dont see any reason why you would go for blue skulls on max vf-1s (even if it may or not appeared blue in the game ur talking about)

and anyway, roys skull colors for strkie parts would be the correct color, cos by they both have the same black heatshield. i dont see any reason why you would go for blue skulls on max vf-1s (even if it may or not appeared blue in the game ur talking about)

maybe because the blue looks cool and less generic?

The blue seems bright indeed. However it seems Max's VF-1S has a black heat shield. I think it looks a bit better as black than blue. Can't remember which it is in the game or the movie right now. So yeah, with the black skull logo, it would look fine with that on the fast packs. Good to know the fast packs can be made to be for any of them though. I think if and when I get Max VF-1S I may have to wait a while before picking up strike packs to save a little money.

I always thought that the skull color matched the skull on the Fast Packs. And the skull on yellow Background always looked weak when people customized it like that.

I agree.

In my opinion, I think that they should all be black skulls on the fast packs on the 1S variants and colored on the 1A's.

And I think Hikaru's 1S should have had a black heat shield if for no other reason than consistency's sake.

-Kyp

I agree.

In my opinion, I think that they should all be black skulls on the fast packs on the 1S variants and colored on the 1A's.

And I think Hikaru's 1S should have had a black heat shield if for no other reason than consistency's sake.

-Kyp

yup, i want a black heat shield for hikaru's 1S too.

in DYRL hikaru's heat shield is clearly black when he assasinates boldoza, and also when he tunrs around to report mission accomplished and he's heading home.

but yeah, it was also seen as red while his 1S hovering beside misa's command centre,

and the fast pack skulls are red as he flies into boldoza's lair...

anyway its not like yamato didnt provide an extra heatshield skull sticker,

and its easy as hell to paint the heat shield black ourselves.

In DYRL Hikaru's Heat shield is clearly RED, Not black. Maybe a few errors do to the fact it was 1984 when they made this Film. But Hikaru Had a Red Shield and Max's VF-1S clearly had a Black one. If you just have to have a Black shield, thank heavens for Spray paint!! B))

post-6180-1237998579_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1237998609_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1237998622_thumb.jpg

I know this valk comes out in April sometime, but does anyone have any idea as to when in April or is Yamato always this vague? I am just curious because right now I am wrestling with buying something either (much more expensive than this) or this VF-1S here but if this doesn't come out until late April I don't know if I will wait for it (if I don't get it this month I'll wait a while longer for it probably). However if this comes out early to mid April I may just wait for it (or place a pre-order).