Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

There's a story behind that. IIRC, in that episode, Max single-handedly blows up a Zentraedi ship so the animators were like "Wait, one VF-1 shouldn't be able to do that... let's draw missiles all over his tail fins to explain it."

Then again, maybe I'm typing too much when I'm tired again.

Yes, this is true. Ichiro Itano is behind this change. The previous episode saw Hikaru have trouble beating the same enemy, even though he had the full armoured GBP, so these tailfin missiles were added to avoid a continuity problem. This info comes from one of those many freebie books that came with Animage featuring production notes aplenty. The lineart designs for the scene were also published in there, I never saw them anywhere else.

If anyone finds some closeup pics of the TV version VF-1A head can they post them? I want to see how that, what appears to be, seam line looks going down the middle of the head. Trying to decide if I want a couple DYRL or TV versions and while I am a pretty much indifferent to the paint scheme (except battroid mode, kind of) I will buy the one with the better head. So far I really like how the DYRL VF-1A's black cowling hides it from the pics. But then I do like the paint job, of the TV version, better in battroid mode. :huh:

Damn. So many versions so little money!

Edited by logos

Speaking of VF-1 Max, I`ve purchase the original 1/60 VF-1J M&M set from my friend for 80$ the set cuz now he prefers small figures like the Revos and he has the all Revo Macross line, including VF-M&M.

Pics soon.

Its seems I`ll be getting more VF-1 1/60, 1/60 ver.2

Good for you! You can compare it with the VF-1v2 M&M when they are released then!

damn hlj has early bird preorders for the vf-1a, vf-1a tv, and vf-1s max but they are all a little higher than overdrive. does anyone know if any of these can be sent sal through hlj? the option would be to pay now with overdrive but maybe save some money (which i don't have any right now) or preorder with hlj, get to pay a little later, but maybe pay a little more. however shipping with sal might balance the total price compared to overdrive's ems shipping.

the last option would be to wait until way later, hope that none of these are out of production, and buy them at about the same price that they originally were selling for.

It looks like the TV version of the VF-1A is using a new TV style head sculpt instead of just being a movie version VF-1A with the TV version paint scheme. Or am i just slow to post a comment?... :blink: Thats ok though...I am still getting it... :lol: HELLO macross valkyries......good bye tax refund check

While I am indifferent on the color of the heat shield, I feel a bit uneasy that Hikaru's 1S heat shield is red not black.

Well... We might as well have argued why Focker's heat shield isn't yellow...

I don't know. Personally I prefer Focker to be special, not Hikaru. Or look at it in another way; the blue 1A has a blue heatshield, so should be the blue 1S.

Or they should have made the Hikaru 1S heat shield black too. I sure did see a screenshot or two of this bird with a black heat shield.

cant decide which one to preorder...max dyrl vf-1s or max tv vf-1a...dont tell me max vf-1j is coming...argh...virgin road...im poor...

I think the VF-1a tx max is the way to go. Looks so classic :)

I can't decide between the VF-1s roy version vs. the hikaru version..

I think the VF-1a tx max is the way to go. Looks so classic :)

I can't decide between the VF-1s roy version vs. the hikaru version..

the 1s hikaru seems to be less shoulder cracking injury prone than the 1s roy, so get the hikaru. :)

i think there shouldnt be any debate on the colour of max vf-1s heat shield,

its blue just look at the yamato product page photos.

yamato's blog mentioning it to be black may just be a typo.

and if we're referring to that macross chronicles cover,

then we might as well say the head lasers are white :S

anyway, i'm only getting the max vf-1j if and when it comes out... none other

Edited by honkhet