Yamato 1/60 v.2 Max Jenius

ruskiiVFaussie

does anyone want to buy any of my original 1/60 valkyries? i have all of them misb. i'll put up a post in the for sale section.

Edited by sh002

It just boggles my mind that the shoulder issue isn't something that was tested thoroughly during the design of the toy. At least it seems that way. You would think that if they are going to design a small thin plastic part that is going to be moved alot, it would be wise to thicken the part at the point(s) where it will be under stress. It's as if they didn't learn anything from the VF-0 debacle. I'm regretting buying the 4 V.2's I have so far, since, as it has been mentioned, it's probably only a matter of time before they suffer the same fate. I'm gonna have to be extremely careful with them and just try not to transform them as much or at all. What I'm fearing is that they will begin to crack or show stress marks from the stress of the metal pin in the long run regardless of being transformed or not. Yamato definitely needs to test these toys a helluva lot more than they are doing before going into production.

It just boggles my mind that the shoulder issue isn't something that was tested thoroughly during the design of the toy. At least it seems that way. You would think that if they are going to design a small thin plastic part that is going to be moved alot, it would be wise to thicken the part at the point(s) where it will be under stress. It's as if they didn't learn anything from the VF-0 debacle. I'm regretting buying the 4 V.2's I have so far, since, as it has been mentioned, it's probably only a matter of time before they suffer the same fate. I'm gonna have to be extremely careful with them and just try not to transform them as much or at all. What I'm fearing is that they will begin to crack or show stress marks from the stress of the metal pin in the long run regardless of being transformed or not. Yamato definitely needs to test these toys a helluva lot more than they are doing before going into production.

you could always mod the pin to make the hinge crack-proof. call it "preventive maintenance."

i know people are going to say "why do i have to do this and that for something that i paid a lot of money for?!?!"... but that's life, sh!t happens... you can either mope about it or get over it and/or do something about it. nothing in this world is "perfect" least of all these toys that we are all so obsessed about (including me)... i have also had my share of defective/paint chipped or scratched/missing parts/broken-needs-super-gluing etc. items, may it be from Yamato, Bandai, Takara, Konami etc. 2¢ ^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

the 1/48 vf-1j hands seemed to match really well with the vf-1s.. I tried to put the 1/60v2 vf-1j hands on him and those are SUPER white so it was definitely a better match.. And i love the boxing glove look lol!

Whoa, I didn't even notice they were 1/48 hands until you replied. Thanks for clearing that up sil80jdm. So the peg on the 1/48 hands are the same diameter as the 1/60, or did you have to mod it?

you could always mod the pin to make the hinge crack-proof. call it "preventive maintenance."

i know people are going to say "why do i have to do this and that for something that i paid a lot of money for?!?!"... but that's life, sh!t happens... you can either mope about it or get over it and/or do something about it. nothing in this world is "perfect" least of all these toys that we are all so obsessed about (including me)... i have also had my share of defective/paint chipped or scratched/missing parts/broken-needs-super-gluing etc. items, may it be from Yamato, Bandai, Takara, Konami etc. 2¢ ^_^

It's just disappointing that it's such a cool toy marred by a pretty significant design issue. I've owned over 20 1/48's and have never had anything break on them, so I was expecting that same level of quality on these new 1/60's. Nevermind the VF-0's since the shoulder/arm design is different. The new 1/60 isn't that big of a step up from the 1/48's. Is the new shoulder/hinge design one of the factors that allows the arms to be up higher in fighter mode? I'm at work right now, so don't have one in front of me to check. Is that why they had to do something different than the 1/48? Or was the design supposed to be for better articulation of the arms in Battroid mode?

So, basically, Yamato could have stuck with something that was tried and true, but instead, went with a redesign that served no real purpose only to have it backfire on them.

actually, worse. They stuck with a tried and true design and still fraked it up. The shoulder hinge in question is the same one from the 1/48 and the 1/60 vf-0. just smaller.

Whoa, I didn't even notice they were 1/48 hands until you replied. Thanks for clearing that up sil80jdm. So the peg on the 1/48 hands are the same diameter as the 1/60, or did you have to mod it?

yup, the pegs seem to be the same.. for some reason the peg on the trigger hand is a little tight fit in the arm but the open hand slides right in.. No mods or anything required but it seems to vary on the product because of the fitment on each hand..

actually, worse. They stuck with a tried and true design and still fraked it up. The shoulder hinge in question is the same one from the 1/48 and the 1/60 vf-0. just smaller.

They probably downsized the plastic pieces and used the same metal pin-- resulting in less plastic around the hinge area and increased fragility.

heh, i tried GBP-1S missiles with blue-tak on the 1/48's before.

:o Any pics to share? i'd like to see it!

maxvf1amissilesrc0.jpg

actually, other than the missile rack on the tail fins, in certain frames we can see some large-sized missiles and even wing tip missiles on the wings. (Episode 10) :p

Edited by Shun

Who cares about these missile racks? I want my question answered. Would Yamato be so kick ass as to include a Zentradi uniform for the Max 1A? That's a question.

I know there is a 1/144 or its a 1/100 Scale Max VF-1A with the Green Zentradi uniform on it, But as far as Yamato doing one for their 1/60 line.... Only time will tell on that. So many times Yamato will make an item that isn't even series related (the Stealth, woodland camo the urban camo Armor) and then years later make an important Valkyrie like Max's VF-1S & TV VF-1A. Thank you Yamato!!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

yes and i also would prefer a zentradi uniform instead of missile racks.

Blasphemy, nah just kidding!! :p But maybe they would consider offering it as an accessories kit for Max. His Zentradi coat & the missile racks!! B))

technically it was shown that max didn't have his strike armor in dyrl right? but you know he probably had it so getting the max vf-1s with or without the armor would be ok for me. i'd probably get it without the armor even though it would look cool with it.

Edited by sh002

where is the skull logo on the blast shield on the VF-1S? They seem to have these up on ebay now, although they say VF-1S "TV version" I was under the impression that he only had the S model in DYRL and not the TV show?, am I wrong or is this an error on theyre part?

Edited by micheal