Rideback

wolfx

short for bishounen -> pretty boy

Ok, gotcha. Thanks.

Sorry, I love my motorcycle anime, but I'm not up on a lot of the anime and slang Japanese lingo.

Yes, there were a ton of slo-mo shots in this one. Somehow though, I just don't mind it in RideBack. It's just such a quality show, and really hasn't disappointed me yet.

Err,,,Raven, I think you should skipped the newest episode.....I could barely watched it due to

bloody murder

Which one? I've watched up through episode 9. Waiting for a sub of 10 still...

Err,,,Raven, I think you should skipped the newest episode.....I could barely watched it due to

bloody murder

Just watched episode 10. Ok even without your warning, you could see that one coming a mile away.

I have to say, though, they handled it so much better than I've seen anyone else do.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched episode 11.

Wow, this series is wrapping up nicely. I'm bummed that there's only one episode left though.

Minor Spoilers:

Those Grimoire robots are very cool, by the way.

The missile attack in this episode reminds me of the missiles at the end or Armor Hunter Mellowlink (Merowlink).

started watching this a couple of weeks ago... stopped at ep7... liking it... i think i'm going to wait for ep12 to come out so i can watch 8-12 in one sitting... anybody know if all 12 eps of the anime covers everything in the manga? really hoping there'll be more... ^_^

started watching this a couple of weeks ago... stopped at ep7... liking it... i think i'm going to wait for ep12 to come out so i can watch 8-12 in one sitting... anybody know if all 12 eps of the anime covers everything in the manga? really hoping there'll be more... ^_^

I've only been able to find the first volume of the manga; don't even know how many volumes there are.

If memory serves me right, it seems like the first volume of the manga basically covered only the first 2 episodes or so, plus a political protest

similar to the one in episode 10

i found out that there are 10 volumes of the manga:

2004-05-28 (Japan volume 01)

2004-07-30 (Japan volume 02)

2005-01-28 (Japan volume 03)

2005-05-30 (Japan volume 04)

2005-12-26 (Japan volume 05)

2006-06-30 (Japan volume 06)

2006-12-26 (Japan volume 07)

2007-06-29 (Japan volume 08)

2008-12-26 (Japan volume 09)

2009-02-25 (Japan volume 10)

only found scanlated Vol. 1 Ch. 001 and 001.5... still hoping there will be more of the anime than just the 12 eps...

i found out that there are 10 volumes of the manga:

2004-05-28 (Japan volume 01)

2004-07-30 (Japan volume 02)

2005-01-28 (Japan volume 03)

2005-05-30 (Japan volume 04)

2005-12-26 (Japan volume 05)

2006-06-30 (Japan volume 06)

2006-12-26 (Japan volume 07)

2007-06-29 (Japan volume 08)

2008-12-26 (Japan volume 09)

2009-02-25 (Japan volume 10)

only found scanlated Vol. 1 Ch. 001 and 001.5... still hoping there will be more of the anime than just the 12 eps...

Maybe a season 2 of the anime in the fall?

I'd be happy to find scanlated, or even translated ones to buy in hardcopy.

Just watched episode 12.

This has been my absolute favorite series of the season, but I have to say that I actually thought the last one was pretty disappointing.

Why the heck did GGP decide to work with the government, and pull Romanov out? This came out of nowhere, with not enough politics shown going on to explain this happening so suddenly.

Rin's dancing, in the final fight, to be honest... was pretty cheesy.

Those are pretty much my only complaints for the whole series.

i agree w/ your 2 complaints...

and wth didn't the grimoires use their guns during the "dance"??? (they didn't care too much when they wasted the traffic cop)

... guess they didn't want some neo-esque, slo-mo bullet dodging...

but overall it was a pretty good series... i would've liked more of Rin training w/ Fuego and mastering some moves, just like (i'm guessing) you would do when training for ballet...

LOL, still can't over Goblin's BIGA$$ nose! :lol:

i agree w/ your 2 complaints...

and wth didn't the grimoires use their guns during the "dance"??? (they didn't care too much when they wasted the traffic cop)

... guess they didn't want some neo-esque, slo-mo bullet dodging...

but overall it was a pretty good series... i would've liked more of Rin training w/ Fuego and mastering some moves, just like (i'm guessing) you would do when training for ballet...

LOL, still can't over Goblin's BIGA$$ nose! :lol:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I REALLY loved this series. Looked forward to every episode tremendously, but yeah, had a few gripes about the last episode.

You're right, I forgot to mention the same thing. The Grimoires seemed to use their machine guns on everyone except Rin... especially in that one scene with a whole LINE of them chasing directly behind her.

I just reread volume 1 of the manga. As big as Goblin's nose is (

and I was really glad he didn't die in the last episode

), he looks IDENTICAL in the manga.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I REALLY loved this series. Looked forward to every episode tremendously, but yeah, had a few gripes about the last episode.

You're right, I forgot to mention the same thing. The Grimoires seemed to use their machine guns on everyone except Rin... especially in that one scene with a whole LINE of them chasing directly behind her.

I just reread volume 1 of the manga. As big as Goblin's nose is (

and I was really glad he didn't die in the last episode

), he looks IDENTICAL in the manga.

no, i got that you REALLY loved the series... i really like it too... there were just those "complaints" that you mentioned about the last ep... and that it seemed abrupt, at least to me... i didn't really care much about the politics/oppression...

it was all just to motivate Rin to explore the limits of what she could do w/ Fuego... although, i really thought she would go revenge-crazy when Suzuri died... well, she is a mild-mannered ballet princess after all...

:)

as a whole i really liked it... i actually wish that it would be longer than just the 12 eps... and that they would show more Rin+Fuego action...

Edited by m0n5t3r

no, i got that you REALLY loved the series... i really like it too... there were just those "complaints" that you mentioned about the last ep... and that it seemed abrupt, at least to me... i didn't really care much about the politics/oppression...

it was all just to motivate Rin to explore the limits of what she could do w/ Fuego... although, i really thought she would go revenge-crazy when Suzuri died... well, she is a mild-mannered ballet princess after all...

:)

as a whole i really liked it... i actually wish that it would be longer than just the 12 eps... and that they would show more Rin+Fuego action...

Sorry, guess I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

Hopefully we'll have season two based on more of hte manga, but, considering the events that ended so abruptly here, I don't know if here's really more story to tell.

Just wanted to do some catch-up on the series only to find out that tokyo-tosho is now beijing tushuguan on the main page. Ow, my eyes... :wacko: (the colors)

I'm pretty sure it's an April Fool's joke.

any variable toys/models from this series going to be produced???

i can't even find line-art too see how the bike transforms.. <_<

I have some lineart-style pics from the manga, and some pics of some prototypes of models, based on the manga and not the anime.

Can post if you want.

Haven't heard anything about any toys actually being made. Only thing I've found are some shirts and stuff on HLJ.

no doubt ..wow,what a freeked-up design..very avantgard!

thou i perfer the artmic offerings...

-im not complaining about any variable bikes!..exept Some transformers, gobot designs..yuk.

I'm obsessed with all variable bikes.

While Artmic designs are my favorites, RideBack has a nice "realistic" element to it.

As long as it turns into a bike, I'll take Transformers, and even GoBots.

I'm obsessed with all variable bikes.

While Artmic designs are my favorites, RideBack has a nice "realistic" element to it.

As long as it turns into a bike, I'll take Transformers, and even GoBots.

digg it..artmic rules the day! :rolleyes:

yet...i'm bummed out that we don't get the new variations that macross/gundam fans enjoy..new versions every year practically. <_<

the new transformers 'knock-out' looks great..i can sink my teeth into this design..more artmic like than other transformers..have you see this one?

digg it..artmic rules the day! :rolleyes:

yet...i'm bummed out that we don't get the new variations that macross/gundam fans enjoy..new versions every year practically. <_<

the new transformers 'knock-out' looks great..i can sink my teeth into this design..more artmic like than other transformers..have you see this one?

I started a thread a few weeks ago about this. Basically saying that I'm torn, because Macross fans get new variants ever couple years, Gundam fans get new variants regularly, but MOSPEADA fans (or in general ARTMIC fans like us) don't, so, as much as I disliked Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, it is the closest to new MOSPEADA variants that we are likely to ever get.

The thread got shut down, because people assumed I was just trying to start fights, as opposed to legitimately voicing my frustration that we don't get anything new.

I was really looking forward to Viper's Creed, since, with Shinji Aramaki behind it, it was like more ARTMIC variable bikes. It wasn't bad, and the design did grow on me over the course of the series, but wasn't great either.

I don't know who "Knock-Out" is.

I know Chromia from Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (very cool combo of a Yamaha V-Max and a Suzuki B-King),

post-7028-1238788403_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238788429_thumb.jpg

And Prowl and Oil Slick from Transformers Animated (Prowl, I think, is my favorite variable bike TOY),

post-7028-1238788520_thumb.jpg

But don't know Knock-Out.

Nevermind, forgot his name, but yes, I have seen Knockout.

post-7028-1238789200_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238789226_thumb.jpg

Definitely cool, but something about him just isn't really blowing me away.

EDIT:

Just watched a video of his transformation. Definitely reminiscent of the ARTMIC designs BGC motoslaves.

Edited by RavenHawk

Nevermind, forgot his name, but yes, I have seen Knockout.

post-7028-1238789200_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1238789226_thumb.jpg

Definitely cool, but something about him just isn't really blowing me away.

EDIT:

Just watched a video of his transformation. Definitely reminiscent of the ARTMIC designs BGC motoslaves.

yep..knock out has real potential..but its hard to get exited with his small size(scout class)..

hopefully he'll get a larger treament like acree(who's head sculpt is but-ugly)..and a repaint!

the little acree is great too..i ripped of her equally ugly head;and put on a gudam chicks head...it's like a little ride armor!!..

ill have to check out vipers creed..any models/or toys for this series?

+++that 'Chromia' is bumming me out..very lazy with NO legs...what a cop-out. <_<

i'll buy it and scratch build some legs since otherwize it's also very artmic-like!

and my insane lust for variable bikes in un-quenchable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by novaflo

yep..knock out has real potential..but its hard to get exited with his small size(scout class)..

hopefully he'll get a larger treament like acree(who's head sculpt is but-ugly)..and a repaint!

the little acree is great too..i ripped of her equally ugly head;and put on a gudam chicks head...it's like a little ride armor!!..

ill have to check out vipers creed..any models/or toys for this series?

+++that 'Chromia' is bumming me out..very lazy with NO legs...what a cop-out. <_<

i'll buy it and scratch build some legs since otherwize it's also very artmic-like!

and my insane lust for variable bikes in un-quenchable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should check out my variable bikes thread.

I've compiled a list of every single variable out there, as far as I can find, from every series, movie, comic, etc., that I've been able to find so far.

Chromia looks very cool as a bike. As far as the wheel instead of legs... well, I originally thought that she might look like that because she's one of the 3 bikes that combine to form the new Arcee, but since then I've seen a pic of Chromia as she looks in the movie and also realized that her bike design, as much as I love it, doesn't look anything like the three bikes that form Arcee.

post-7028-1238860304_thumb.jpg

As for Viper's Creed, there's another thread on here that I started about that show.

No sign of any toys, models, or any merchandising whatsoever from it.

I emailed Yamato USA, during a conversation about some Megazone 23 Garland issues I was having, and asked if they would be making any Viper's Creed toys, since, with the BGC and MZ23 toys, they seemed like a perfect fit, but got no reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Rideback. What the heck just happened in Rideback? :wacko:

From what i gathered:

1.) Rin is an andrenaline junky/fetishist....and she wants to get the same "thrill" she gets from dancing ballet. Not quite the best way to paint a picture but that's what i get by the end of the series.

2.) Random death of that girl....wth? She just died and everyone accepts it. No inquiries. No protests against police brutality. Nada?

3.) The whole arc about Hesner Inc and the GGP flew over my head. What just happened? GGP Japan was corrupted , romanov and his cronies decide to bring in the white riders as he will benefit some money from it?

4.) Finally....government passed back to Japan with GGP playing no role in its politics? I don't get it.

Ravenhawk, somebody, please explain to me what just happened. :wacko:

But generally i know the series is more to explore Rin letting go of her past regrets...but still....

Finished Rideback. What the heck just happened in Rideback? :wacko:

From what i gathered:

1.) Rin is an andrenaline junky/fetishist....and she wants to get the same "thrill" she gets from dancing ballet. Not quite the best way to paint a picture but that's what i get by the end of the series.

2.) Random death of that girl....wth? She just died and everyone accepts it. No inquiries. No protests against police brutality. Nada?

3.) The whole arc about Hesner Inc and the GGP flew over my head. What just happened? GGP Japan was corrupted , romanov and his cronies decide to bring in the white riders as he will benefit some money from it?

4.) Finally....government passed back to Japan with GGP playing no role in its politics? I don't get it.

Ravenhawk, somebody, please explain to me what just happened. :wacko:

But generally i know the series is more to explore Rin letting go of her past regrets...but still....

1) I don't think it's an adrenaline junkie thing, but it is a focus thing. The whole white light, I think, being a metaphor for it. Sort of like when they talk about runners reaching that point where they aren't conciously running anymore, just in a different state of mind and focus. Something she had with dance, or rather that her mother tried to give to her with dance, and that she now found on Fuego.

2) I don't think it was random. I think it was handled very well. There was just too much other stuff going on to prosecute at the time, and the GGP was pretty much creating a police state where none of their actions could be questioned.

3 & 4) That whole plotline was significant but, in my opinion, too glossed over at the end. My only real complaint about the series. Basically the GGP and Japanese government relationship was completely re-evaluated at the end, with a lot of power that the GGP had been wielding being returned to Japan, and heads of GGP and Hesner being arrested for bribery/illegal government and military contracts, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

All I've seen from Rideback for merchandise (besides the prototype models mentioned above) is 2 different t-shirts and a windbreaker.

That said, does anyone know where I can find this shirt?

post-7028-1240932592_thumb.jpg

The only place I've seen it is HLJ, but they're out of stock.

Edited by RavenHawk