The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

When Chris Bangle left BMW's design studios, it was believed that he took his ugly stick with him. Unfortunately, that is not the case for BMW's latest iteration of the 5 Series. Hell, it might beat the Porsche Panamera for Ugliest Car of the Year.

2009 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo

eww... and I liked the panamera.

I like the Panamera as well. Granted it's nowhere near perfect, but I think people are a bit rediculous calling it out as the year's ugliest car. It may well look better in person anyway.

Edited by Letigre

The panemera is a station wagon. You guys like station wagons?

If I were Emperor, the designer of the Panemera would be put to death in the most humiliating way possible.

If I were Emperor, the designer of the Panemera would be put to death in the most humiliating way possible.

Nope, but they are extremely popular with families and lease companies. As the majority of large cars are leased for tax reasons everyone and their dog is driving a stationwagon over here. That Panemera is probably going to do very well.

I f*cking love station wagons. Station wagons are awesome, I love cars where the back seat can accommodate actual people with actual legs, and hatches are the shitz.

If I were Supreme God Kaiser all cars would have hatch backs/lift backs.

Look at what's up for sale online:

Ridiculous. What a waste of a perfectly good Mustang...

I f*cking love station wagons. Station wagons are awesome, I love cars where the back seat can accommodate actual people with actual legs, and hatches are the shitz.

If I were Supreme God Kaiser all cars would have hatch backs/lift backs.

Station wagons can be pretty cool, too. I suppose if I had to have a wagon, I'd want something like:

71chevywagon-2.jpg

I used to pass by one like this on my way to/from work--only metallic blue--that I kinda had a chubby for, for a while. Yup, with a nice stout 350 sm block in it to give it some oomph--make gettin' the groceries a real hoot...

Edited by reddsun1

The most powerful EVO X has been unleashed; unfortunately, it's available in the UK only. The FQ-400 uses a heavily modified version of Mitsubishi's turbocharged 2.0 liter inline-4, which generates 403 bhp and 387 lb-ft torque. The result: 0-60 in 3.8 seconds and a top speed of 155 mph (electronically limited). But is it really worth £49,999 (roughly US$81,000)?

2009-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-X-FQ-400-Front-And-Side-Speed-1280x960.jpg

2009-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-X-FQ-400-Rear-Angle-Speed-Tilt-1280x960.jpg

2009-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-X-FQ-400-Engine-1280x960.jpg

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-400

Edited by areaseven

Wow, who knew that people could be movie-truck fanatics like they could with movie cars, eh? Apparently, there's a guy in MO who owns surviving film-production vehicles from both the films Duel, and Convoy. Both of those are childhood favorites. LOL, I bet that Peterbuilt filling your mirrors would scare the sh*t out of anybody old enough to remember that movie...

MayCvr4-450x305.jpg

Museum_3-600x283.jpg

Both are from pretty iconic movies--but symbols of a by-gone era as well. With the advent of technologies like cell-phones, satellite navigation and the like, it'd be pretty hard to make movies like Duel or Convoy these days--and make them plausible, anyway.

Apparently, this guy would be willling to part with the Duel Peterbuilt, for the right price...

The most powerful EVO X has been unleashed; unfortunately, it's available in the UK only. The FQ-400 uses a heavily modified version of Mitsubishi's turbocharged 2.0 liter inline-4, which generates 403 bhp and 387 lb-ft torque. The result: 0-60 in 3.8 seconds and a top speed of 155 mph (electronically limited). But is it really worth £49,999 (roughly US$81,000)?

Needs more little wings and air ducts.

Dang, that FQ-400 is almost making me second guess not getting an Evo X. That body kit is fantastic for the X.

Anyhoo, today I shall be the proud owner of a 2004 BMW M3. I can't wait.

Vostok 7

I can't imagine that car being even remotely street legal. It's a JGTC car without the cool sponsorship stickers so it looks kind of hokey and over the top. Probably would've helped if they used an S15 instead of an S14, the S15 has much stronger contours than the S14.

Here's one for all the Silvia fans.

Yes, imagine how cool someone would look driving one of those....paralyzed with fear at the prospect of pulling into a parking lot over the entrance curb.... <_<

Nope...

Needs more little wings and air ducts.

Found a funny little list linked from CarandDriver dot com article:

The Funniest Car Names

10. Isuzu GIGA Light Dump

9. Mazda Bongo/Bongo Friendee/Bongo Brawny

8. Honda Life Dunk

7. Mazda/Autozam Scrum Stand Off Truck

6. Isuzu Mysterious Utility Wizard

5. Nissan Elgrand Homy

4. Sbarro Assystem

3. Daihatsu Charade Social Poze

2. Yamaha Pantryboy Supreme

1. Mitsubishi MUM 500 Shall We Join Us?

^_^

That poor Silvia.

I'm I alone in thinking that most cars look best in their original factory lines than with after market body kits?

Count me with you. It doesn't really add to the aesthetics of some cars...

Edited by shiroikaze

Nope, body kits are 99% epic fail if they aren't from the factory. Well, I liked the RX-7 with the extensive Veilside kit in Tokyo Drift but, well that car wasn't an RX-7 anymore after the kit...

Got an all acces pass to go to an Italian car event yesterday and thought I'd share some pics.

mg61472.jpg

Some old Maserati. Don't know what type.

mg61732.jpg

Ferrari 512 BB made into an endurance racer by N.A.R.T. (North American Racing Team)

mg61742.jpg

308 Chassis used as a testing platform for F40 technology. IIRC only three were made. Very VERY loud and very VERY ugly as seen below.

mg62102.jpg

mg63452.jpg

Classic Lambo.

mg65082.jpg

Ferrari 275 GT

mg65672.jpg

Classic Alfo Romeo...I think.

::EDIT::

I also got to join the pacecar-driver in his Audi S4 Quatro for a few laps. Dang those S4s go fast! Now I understand why they put bucket seats in those things. The guy doesn't have to pay the bill if he wrecks the car so he doesn't feel like he has to be extra carefull going around the track. Those boys really push those cars to their limits, we were overtaking all the exotics and watching the faces of the other drivers while we were doing it was loads of fun!

mg62592.jpg
Edited by Dante74

Fiat has announced that their best-selling 500 (a retro remake of their classic hatchback made famous by Lupin III) will be available in the U.S. by mid-2010. The Fiat 500 will be sold at Chrysler dealerships nationwide. There's also a possibility that they will be locally manufactured as well. Don't be surprised to see people trading in their Mini Coopers and New Beetles for this hatch.

Again, I must say that this is a nice ride. The Fiat 500 ain't too bad, either.

Daily Tech - Fiat 500 Will Arrive Stateside Within 18 Months

2008-Fiat-500-Ferrari-Loaner-Side-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

2008-Fiat-500-Ferrari-Loaner-Dashboard-1920x1440.jpg

2008 Fiat 500 Ferrari Loaner

2008-Hamann-Sportivo-Fiat-500-Yellow-Rear-And-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2008 Hamann Sportivo Fiat 500

2008-HR-Springs-Fiat-500-Woman---Side-2-1920x1440.jpg

2008 H&R Springs Fiat 500

Got an all acces pass to go to an Italian car event yesterday and thought I'd share some pics....

Great pics, Dante.

The Maserati in the first pic is the venerable 3500GT. I've always had a soft spot for them.

The car you guessed was an Alfa is actually a Bizzarini GT, so you did get the nationality right. Bizzarini was one of Ferrari's engineers in the late '50s/early '60s, and did a lot of the development on the original 250 GTO. He and Enzo had a falling out (coinciding with many of Ferrari's other engineers leaving the company), so Bizzarini went to ISO, an Italian industrial firm which was making inroads to car manufacturing at the time. Bizzarini developed the ISO Grifo as a direct competitor to the GTO for endurance racing, using a lot of the same engineering techniques which he employed in the design of the GTO. After producing the Grifo as a race car and a street car (and a couple of other models) for a while, ISO gave up the car business. Bizzarini made an agreement wherein he was able to continue production of the Grifo, under his own name - thus the birth of the Bizzarini GT. The Grifo and the GT both used Ford V8 engines and driveline parts.

I have some neat pics of one of these cars from the Monterey Historics from a couple of years ago... I'll see if I can fish them out.

Edited by Hiriyu