The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

China's "kit bash"

Lol.

Yeah, production will start as soon as they collected enough parts from other car makers. This is the only hybrid with a stick and two exhaust outlets, am I so far behind?

Edited by Vince

Just another day in 'Socal...

I know you prolly can't see it in the pictures, but the 'Stang is sporting NOS, autobot, DUB and San Diego Chargers emblems. F**king awesome. Who needs Ram-Air when you can have all of that...

Yeah, that's the ticket! Never mind that stuff I was saving/planning to get: the new intake manifold, tube headers, head porting/polishing...who needs that crap to make HP? I needs to gets me some stickers! Horse-powah!!!! :lol:

I mean, if you're gonna rice out your car shouldn't you start out with the wheels? What's the point of busting for a full on wing/bodykit, stickers and all that but still be rolling on 15" stockers with wheel covers? Jesus...

I mean, if you're gonna rice out your car shouldn't you start out with the wheels? What's the point of busting for a full on wing/bodykit, stickers and all that but still be rolling on 15" stockers with wheel covers? Jesus...

I thought ricer needs to be at least a import subcompact.

People do strange things to their cars. I remember once seeing a beat up Cavalier with one of those bigass aluminum spoilers on it and no other mods.

The only thing that I want to do to my '05 SE-R SpecV is change the front end and wheels to the '02-'03 style.

Edited by Beltane70

Got wood? These guys do. As a graduate project at North Carolina State University, Joe Harmon Design of Durham, NC, is building a supercar out of wood composites. The Splinter will weigh approximately 2,500 lbs. and its engine is expected to generate 600 bhp.

Let's hope the engine doesn't catch fire, though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The self-igniting car...

Clearly a case of someone "...so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should." --Dr. Ian Malcom, Jurrasic Park

People do strange things to their cars. I remember once seeing a beat up Cavalier with one of those bigass aluminum spoilers on it and no other mods.

The only thing that I want to do to my '05 SE-R SpecV is change the front end and wheels to the '02-'03 style.

me and my friend (my friend and I for the grammar enthusiasts) once saw a cavalier with one of those adjustable aluminum wings put on their car backwards.

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

me and my friend (my friend and I for the grammar enthusiasts) once saw a cavalier with one of those adjustable aluminum wings put on their car backwards.

I've seen one (wing) put upside down a long time ago.

Edited by Vince

Well, IMHO part of the problem has always been that cars seem to use aircraft terms for "things on the trunk" that are completely opposite or unrelated of the actual aerodynamic function. Mounting things upside down can actually "restore" their correct name-function link.

I'm waiting for someone to mount something on a car's doors and call them ailerons...

Hell yes!

The G8 lives on.

July 11, 2009

By David Zenlea, Eric Tingwall

1L_gallery_big5.jpg

Only hours into his latest tenure at General Motors, Bob Lutz was back at what he does best, namely, slipping product information to the media and giving enthusiasts a reason to believe in the beleaguered auto company.

Asked about the future of the Pontiac G8, slated to end production with the 2009 model year, Lutz told Automobile Magazine the car would find its way into Chevrolet showrooms under the Caprice name.

"The last time we looked at [the G8], we decided that we would continue to import it as a Chevrolet," Lutz said. "It is kind of too good to waste."

CEO Fritz Henderson has repeatedly denied that the G8 would survive as part of another brand, saying he's "not a fan of rebadging."

But Lutz, citing export agreements with Australia and the fact that the Holden Commodore is already sold in many countries as a Chevrolet, assured us GM would not let the car die.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...ice/index.html

On a side note: I just bought a G8 last month. Pics soon.

Awesome! I want a G8, but simply cannot get one this year---but there won't be any Pontiacs next year! (and actually, most G8s this year have been sold, due to discounts etc).

Still----the Pontiac front end looks the best of all of them IMHO. I imagine the new Caprice (god I hate that name) will use the front end that the Mid-East Lumina does, as it's a ready-made Chevy front end.

Heck, maybe I'd get a "Caprice" and find some G8 that'd been rear-ended and swap noses...

Awesome! I want a G8, but simply cannot get one this year---but there won't be any Pontiacs next year! (and actually, most G8s this year have been sold, due to discounts etc).

Still----the Pontiac front end looks the best of all of them IMHO. I imagine the new Caprice (god I hate that name) will use the front end that the Mid-East Lumina does, as it's a ready-made Chevy front end.

Heck, maybe I'd get a "Caprice" and find some G8 that'd been rear-ended and swap noses...

it needs a new name like the nissan silvia and nissan 180sx crosses, sil-eighty (silvia front end) & one-via (180sx front end).

maybe the G-Price or C-8.

Just call it the Commodore, because that's what it is. Has alliteration with Chevy, too.

PS---I note the article says "scheduled to end production in 2009"---it's already over. Last shipment of G8s arrived in the US months ago.

This photoshop is the best non-G8 front end I've seen for the platform--it changes ONLY the grill from the G8: g8chev.jpg

I don't like the whole "square foglight insets" of the original Commodre and Mid-East versions. But odds are good GM will just use the Mid-East Chevy front end.

Still, I hate the name "Caprice" more than I dislike any of the existing front ends.

I wonder if there'll be a significant "freshening" and it'll really be more like a 2011 model, having taken an extra 6-9 months before making it for sale. Add a HUD, a blue interior option, new wheels...

A quickie pic I snapped with my phone the other day. So much improved over my Goat and yet, the same. It's like the hot college girl that matured into a sophisticated woman.

IMG_0499.jpg

A quickie pic I snapped with my phone the other day. So much improved over my Goat and yet, the same. It's like the hot college girl that matured into a sophisticated woman.

How many zillions does it cost to get custom wheels shipped to Hawaii? :)

How many zillions does it cost to get custom wheels shipped to Hawaii? :)

With the Tire Rack, about $39 a wheel through Fed Ex 2 day. Which is strange because some places will charge you the same for a t-shirt to Hawaii. :)

I had to have the Breytons. I was gonna go with the Race CS's but changed my mind at the last second (I even had them in my cart).

With the Tire Rack, about $39 a wheel through Fed Ex 2 day. Which is strange because some places will charge you the same for a t-shirt to Hawaii. :)

I had to have the Breytons. I was gonna go with the Race CS's but changed my mind at the last second (I even had them in my cart).

it was $60 to mail my teaching contract to seoul, korea. $60 for 20-30 pages of paper vs. $39 for a wheel, that's one heck of a good deal.

it was $60 to mail my teaching contract to seoul, korea. $60 for 20-30 pages of paper vs. $39 for a wheel, that's one heck of a good deal.

I think tire rack try to have the nearest dealer location to do the shipping, even local at some places.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY!!!

I passed my last drivers exam today and now get to sit back and wait for the government to send me my drivers license. Meanwhile, I can go buy a car!

Jeeeezzz was this a pain in the butt!! Two thousand dollars and 6 months! But whatever - it's done. I had to take the test three times. The first time was with an absolute A-hole who ordered me to adjust my mirrors in a way that I couldn't see them and then told me to drive backwards on a 90 degree turn without actually LOOKING backwards, all the while asking me whether or not I was handicapped since I drive automatic instead of stick shift...

The second dude was like a walking law. Ever sentence would start with "now in accordance with paragraph 4, section 5 of Driving Law 20442e6 please..." Things went "fine" with him until he decided that I was "not dynamic enough" because I didn't drive into oncoming traffic. "You had the right of way!" he said. Right - I'd rather be frickin' ALIVE than drive into a head on collision because "I have the right of way."

Thankfully, this morning, I gritted my teeth, drank four shots of honey coated liquor, got a kiss from my loving girlfriend and drove PERFECTLY.

The examiner said "Well, technically I have to pass you because you did everything correctly, but..." and went into a fifteen minute tirade about me being wierd.

But he passed me.

The end.

Now for the good part :)

Pete

What's neat is that the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0L Turbo qualifies under the cash for clunkers bill, i'm not sure what your gas mileage is, but you could trade in your mustang + $5000 credit from the govt and pick up a Genesis, i know i would.

The first time was with an absolute A-hole who ordered me to adjust my mirrors in a way that I couldn't see them and then told me to drive backwards on a 90 degree turn without actually LOOKING backwards, all the while asking me whether or not I was handicapped since I drive automatic instead of stick shift...

:D I know I shouldn't laugh but it's funny. Just be glad he didn't ask you if you had a boyfriend. There is still a strong dislike against automatics in Europe for being unmanly.

What's neat is that the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0L Turbo qualifies under the cash for clunkers bill, i'm not sure what your gas mileage is, but you could trade in your mustang + $5000 credit from the govt and pick up a Genesis, i know i would.

Darn, that's actually tempting cause I think I'm going to be on the market sometime soon for a new car. I'm sure the Cavalier would qualify under that bill.

That is a cool Pikes Peak video. Though my other favorite one is still from 1988 showing Ari Vatenen in the Peugeot 405 climbing the peak.