California Macross Launch Celebration?

If this is a go for Lakewood, let's set it up. What should we all bring, what food, will there be a BBQ, any collections??? At least I'll be able to attend since I'm gonna be on the a.m. shift starting in February (10:00p.m-6:30a.m). Hook it up.

Could be good. Maybe we could find a good park to have a BBQ in or something of that nature?

Where and when in OSCAL?... :ph34r:

There still interest in this? The date's this Saturday. UN Spacy's plan sounds feasible. Though there are numerous parks in both SF and SJ that could accommodate us. aybe even Japan Town. At the very least, we should have some sort of group showing of the four in day episodes.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I suppose we do need more time to set things up, though I really hate missing the actual date when it actually was plausible at one point. That and the seventh worked a bit better for me, but I can understand that we did lag a bit too much to make it happen. As long as we actually do get something off the ground, then it should be justified (at least the 22nd has the Japan tie-in[even if it is just a lame wordplay], so it's not an entirely random choice).

What be these posters you speak of?

Ginrai, MM, and other Bay Area MW'ers.

MW'er "Save" is purchasing the Macross Launch Ceremony posters this Saturday at Akihabara.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...mp;#entry711852

If you guys are buying one AND attending the Bay Area Launch Celebration.

We can have them all shipped to the same address and hand them out during the festivities. We'll all save on shipping.

I missed the last Bay Area meetup; hopefully I can make this one. The 22nd is free for me (provided work doesn't call) and I can probably make it anywhere from San Francisco down to San Jose.

I also just PM'd Save for the posters.

Edited by Valkyrie23

Thanks for the info. I'm kind of torn on the poster. I like the overall design, but rather dislike the presence of Sheryl and Ranka on something celebrating the original series. It sort of just screams that this as more a promo for Frontier than it is for SDFM. It should've been Misa and either Milia or Claudia. Though maybe they were trying for some commemoration between old and new, though if the case, the pandering between Sheryl and Ranka fans leaves poor Minmay outnumbered (and with the wrong date too). Though it is commemorative and would pretty much give a bargaining chip to make sure I have a ride to the 22nd meetup. So I may have to get one.

The shipping plan is a good idea. When's the cutoff day going to be?

I'll have to talk to my ride tonight. Now that it's pretty much settled for Sunday, he'll probably not want to go Saturday, as we also plan to attend AOD on the 14th. Three weekends in SF is some sort of taboo for him and he has school early morning Saturdays any way. Interestingly, trading Wondercon for a family trip to Disneyland makes the 22nd plausible as it now avoids a three weekend in a row bit. Though one never knows, as we still have to meetup with a local friend anyway. If I do make it up, I'll post here if anyone wants a potential minimeet at J-town or something.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Well we haven't set a firm date here, I'd personally like to go with the Japanese date, but whatever more people can do, I guess.

I'm more for the actual date, as the Japanese date is merely a tie-in to the Nyan-Nyan jingle, though I admit that we've all dawdled a bit too long to really make it possible and tying into that date is at least a consolation prize. Judging from the people actually replying though, I'd say the date's pretty much set to the 22nd. Unless you want to delay it to the originally planned July or October date that Nue ditched. ^_^ What we need moreso is a better set plan of attack and an attendance list. Also I would hope if we do the combined shipping plan for the posters that they'll actually be there in time.

Though to be sure, anyone interested state your preferences. I'm pretty much up to anything, and we should at least keep it in February. The Seventh is the official date according to the Compendium, but it is a little too close for comfort. The 22nd is the official celebrate date in Japan, tying in more with Frontier. So at least it's still somewhat official.

Any SoCal people doing this???

As a matter a fact yes....I love everything Macross, I know there is a big Macross/Robotech fan -Sort of "FEUD",but for those who want something local, there is a BIG "for fans,by fans" event in Norwalk,Ca. (Near Whittier/Downey area)

Its on Saturday the 28,from 10am-7pm. Full details on Robotechx.com , under SDF1 launch party.

-macross8511 B))

hmmmm again. like most others im beginning to wonder if Sk really pushed back the launch date to the 22nd instead of the 7th. because of the huge publicity surrounding the 22nd date, i guess pretty soon we'll see some changes in the compendium ...

Wait, the Robotechies are already mobilized and ready? We need to get on the ball, guys! ^_^

From what I heard, they're spending a lot of their own money for the get together. Among other things, there are plans for t-shirts, flyers, and custom coins all planned for Launch Day. Didn't know a lot of fans were loaded for stuff like that.

I got one. I'm seeing my SF friend in a few hours and Save my be opening up the list, so I'll ask his again if he wants one. We're damn lucky he found a bunch of people that just bought it for the lotto card.

Wow, the Robo fans are going all out... Good for them, but it hurts my pride a tiny bit I guess. ^_^

Though they did start selling the poster today, so at least the 7th is still somewhat in effect.

Okay, so the event is pretty much the 22nd, unless anyone has any objections, or good reasons to bump it. I will not to be able to attend if people want it moved to the following weekend due to a family trip.

The list so far of those interested appears to by

Myself, and I'll have at least one friend

UN Spacey

Ginrai

Dax415

Valkyrie23 (also ordered a poster)

miriya

Not to bad so far. All that's left is venue, and so forth.

From what I heard, they're spending a lot of their own money for the get together. Among other things, there are plans for t-shirts, flyers, and custom coins all planned for Launch Day. Didn't know a lot of fans were loaded for stuff like that.

Damn.

We have legions of Macross fans and the Robotechies are 20 steps ahead of us. Wheres the burning spirit guys!?

I'm up for a SoCal event by the way. :p

I wouldn't worry about being "upped" by a house party with a t-shirt and some coin. Think about it, how many years have there been macrossworld cons with all the frills and thrills. Ha, we've had shirts, products by Mikimoto raffled off, prizes, mari Iijima, poker tourneys, game rooms, presentations, rare and custom displays, Macross stuff to buy, and Booby Trap (my band, LOL). I would consider going to the Robotech gathering, but I'm probably not invited. I've been excommunicated for not liking all of their product.What you're really only missing is 20 people hanging out for a BBQ, not doing much else. Back in the day when I was throwing the parties, those were the parties that were worth going to. Same for the ones that RazorX would throw. If you go to the Robotech party, that'll be pretty cool, but I don't think you're missing much. Hey, they're celebrating Macross, not Robotech, cause without one, the other would never have existed. So, is the party still in Lakewood, CA for the Macross party? Fill us in...

DECULTCHA!!!

I got one. I'm seeing my SF friend in a few hours and Save my be opening up the list, so I'll ask his again if he wants one. We're damn lucky he found a bunch of people that just bought it for the lotto card.

Wow, the Robo fans are going all out... Good for them, but it hurts my pride a tiny bit I guess. ^_^

Though they did start selling the poster today, so at least the 7th is still somewhat in effect.

Okay, so the event is pretty much the 22nd, unless anyone has any objections, or good reasons to bump it. I will not to be able to attend if people want it moved to the following weekend due to a family trip.

The list so far of those interested appears to by

Myself, and I'll have at least one friend

UN Spacey

Ginrai

Dax415

Valkyrie23 (also ordered a poster)

miriya

Not to bad so far. All that's left is venue, and so forth.

I think Fortress_Maximus, grapetang, Grayson72, and a few others are in NorCal as well..... I'll PM them this thread to see if anyone else would like to hang out.