Macross Ace

Ganbare

Is this the proper thread for me to boast that I now own an original copy of Macross the First, and am very happy about this fact? :-)

Pete

Nope! :p

Actually, yeah, it is! I'm glad I've been following along with these. I have my copies of Macross Ace 1-5 and Macross the First on my bookshelf. I'm...going to rapidly run out of shelf space at this rate. :D Don't forget to grab vol 2. It should be coming out sometime Q3 or Q4.

Nothing yet. I hope it'll be something that makes Robotech fans angry, though. Their faux-outrage fuel is running a little thin these days. ^_^

Granted their reactions are quite irrational from our point of view, some would say irrelevant even. But what is there on the vol.1 cover are they raging about now?

Apparent bestiality.

And no, I'm not making this up.

Really? Where does that come from?

(Okay, yeah, normally I just lurk, because I don't see that I have a lot to contribute; my knowledge level beyond the basics of Macross is pretty slim. This just sort of surprises me.)

Really? Where does that come from?

(Okay, yeah, normally I just lurk, because I don't see that I have a lot to contribute; my knowledge level beyond the basics of Macross is pretty slim. This just sort of surprises me.)

Seems like kind of stretch to me, but uh...here's the offending cover:

macrossthefirst01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like kind of stretch to me, but uh...here's the offending cover:

macrossthefirst01.jpg

:lol: Are these guys from the bible belt?

Are they so sexually repressed that anything will set them off?

Such a thing hadn't ocurred to me until it was brought up... :rolleyes:

The mind boggles.... :lol:

Though, I guess if you were forced to compare Mikimoto's work to Tommy Yune's work on the same subject matter, I'd be jealous too... ;)

Edited by Zinjo

:lol: Are these guys from the bible belt?

Are they so sexually repressed that anything will set them off?

Such a thing hadn't ocurred to me until it was brought up... :rolleyes:

The mind boggles.... :lol:

Though, I guess if you were forced to compare Mikimoto's work to Tommy Yune's work on the same subject matter, I'd be jealous too... ;)

No, they aren't from the bible belt...Actually, if you knew the people behind the claim and knew their attitudes, you'd realize that they are being hypocritical more than anything. It's nothing more than them trying to trump up another debate that isn't there for the sake of trying to make themselves and Robotech look better. In reality, I think this has only done the opposite, as it seems even other Robotech fans seem to have had enough of the idiotic fishing for things to claim.

As for getting back on topic, yeah, September is just around the corner. So, is there any info on the new Manga supposedly coming this September?

No, they aren't from the bible belt...Actually, if you knew the people behind the claim and knew their attitudes, you'd realize that they are being hypocritical more than anything. It's nothing more than them trying to trump up another debate that isn't there for the sake of trying to make themselves and Robotech look better. In reality, I think this has only done the opposite, as it seems even other Robotech fans seem to have had enough of the idiotic fishing for things to claim.

As for getting back on topic, yeah, September is just around the corner. So, is there any info on the new Manga supposedly coming this September?

The bible belt comment was more sarcasm than sincere inquiry... ;)

Well, September 25 is a big day...we'll be getting Macross Ace #6, Macross the First Vol. 2, Macross Frontier: Secret Visions Vol. 1, and Macross Frontier: SMS Tales Vol. 1.

Luckily (for me), that's also my payday.

Well, September 25 is a big day...we'll be getting Macross Ace #6, Macross the First Vol. 2, Macross Frontier: Secret Visions Vol. 1, and Macross Frontier: SMS Tales Vol. 1.

Luckily (for me), that's also my payday.

I always remember the release day because it's payday! Luckily there's a Maruzen near the office! (or the Kinokuniya)

:p

:p

Budget. And make sure you stick to the allowance that you give yourself.

Also, watch your expenditures, as, and quoting from someone who gave advice before I came here, "Japan is a place where you can spend a life's savings in less than a week". On the other hand, before I came here to live, I did a 1 week trip, Osaka-Tokyo-Osaka, for less than ï¿¥30,000 (not including airfare). Of course, that was relying on the generosity of friends for places to crash.

Well, 30,000 yen would barely cover accomodations for 3 days from personal experience. A week if you really nickle and dime it by sleeping in capsules and internet cafes(something I hadn't had to do, thankfully). The shinkansen between Osaka and Tokyo would have eaten half of that budget on just one trip if you didn't have a JR Pass.

Hope you at least enjoyed yourself on that trip sketchley. Considering that to went back to stay, you must have.

Wow, all four Macross related books on the same day? It's been a long time coming.

Well, 30,000 yen would barely cover accomodations for 3 days from personal experience. A week if you really nickle and dime it by sleeping in capsules and internet cafes(something I hadn't had to do, thankfully). The shinkansen between Osaka and Tokyo would have eaten half of that budget on just one trip if you didn't have a JR Pass.

Hope you at least enjoyed yourself on that trip sketchley. Considering that to went back to stay, you must have.

Wow, all four Macross related books on the same day? It's been a long time coming.

Shinkansen? On a budget? You nuts? Shinya Bus, all the way!

Shinkansen? On a budget? You nuts? Shinya Bus, all the way!

Which is why I mentioned the JR Pass. You pretty much recoup the entire cost of the pass on just one shinkansen hop to anywhere plus you got the added benefit of boarding any JR line for free afterwards for the duration of the pass.

How long did the bus trip take? 5 or more hours?

JR? Who needs JR. Their expensive and dangerous: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amagasaki_rail_crash

You also only *really* need to take JR if you're heading out to an area that isn't served by a private railroad; which, by the way, are oft cheaper, and faster. As I dunno about the Kanto area, I can only direct you to the Surutto Kansai 3-day pass. 3 days, unlimited travel on all private trains and buses (sans JR, of course), in the Kansai area, for only ï¿¥5,000.

Here's a list of departures and drop-offs for the Shinya bus: http://www.bus24.jp/kansai/osaka/osaka-tokyo/

FYI: round trip less than double the one-way trip.

Unfortunately I will be spending most of my time on my next trip in the Kanto/Tokyo area where the JR pass would be most useful to my needs where JR has a greater coverage of the metropolitan area and beyond. The Surutto pass would be quite useful to my time in Osaka though since I will be there for exactly 3 days, unfortunately due to schedule constraints in the West, time is of the essence hence the Shinkansen and JR pass. Otherwise I would have quite gladly make use it and of the overnight bus to Tokyo which would give me more time in the West(Yes I prefer and enjoy spending time in Osaka/Kansai/West more than Tokyo. It's more... "alive" shall we say?)

Anyway back on subject; So what do you guys think the coming issue will cover? The 1st movie release on BD/DVD(CD Japan just got the DVD listed on their site for those who don't have a BD player) of course and obivously more on the 2nd, or are we going to have to wait till the issue after that for it? Hopefully something more about the so-called christmas special as well.

It will probably have reports on all the recent events that various ppl have mentioned here in the forums:

Megumi Nakajima, Chie Kajiura concert, Mari Iijima concert, First half of Mayns summer tour, Girasama Festival, probably some shots from the AX concert as well.

As for new news (and the thing I LOVE about Macross Ace is that it covers all things Macross. Apart from Macross the First, the event pics and valk/figure/merch announcements are often my favourite bits!) it will be way too early for news on the 2nd movie but I expect they will go into more details on the Christmas event, cover the bluray/ps3 game, announce some new figures, the usual :-)

• 2 weeks later...