Macross Ace

Ganbare

Are any of you MWers in Japan trying to go to this.

(...)

Sooo, anyone trying to be one of the 100?

News seems a bit out of date, as Macross the First was released a couple of weeks ago.

Neverthless, not going. As living in Japan rarely means living near Akiba. Even if it was in Den-den Town I probably still wouldn't go.

Edited by sketchley

I believe that's referring to the Mikimoto signing sessions on 12/5 (which has currently already passed) and 12/12 for the release of Macross: The First and re-release of Macross 7 Trash.

2009年12月5日(土) 16:00START

有隣堂ヨドバシAKIBA店 TEL 03-5298-7474

〒101-0028 東京都千代田区神田花岡町1-1

ヨドバシAKIBA7F 有隣堂ヨドバシAKIBA店

2009年12月12日(土) 15:00START

紀伊国屋書店福岡本店 6Fイベントスペース TEL 092-434-3100

〒812-0012 福岡市博多区博多駅中央街2-1

福岡交通センタービル6F

It also sounds like he's only signing the (inside) covers of the three currently released books (Macross: The First Vol. 1 and Macross 7 Trash Vol. 1 & 2).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FYI

Nippon Export doesn't seem to be offering Macross Ace anymore. The listing is still there, but you are not able to place an order for it. I'm not sure what is going on. The good news is HMV is offering vol. 4, and it's up for pre-order. The shipping is killer though, so you might want to add a few extra items to make it worth your while.

Well, it is express shipping, so you get it pretty quick. But damn it's expensive. That's why I liked Nippon Export. I could use SAL shipping with them.

I just got an e-mail reply from Nippon Export explaining that they are sold out.

Their exact words

"I'm afraid it is sold out in Japan. No reprint is scheduled for it either."

It doesn't really make sense to me because vol. 4 is not even out yet. I wonder if they mean vol. 3 is sold out, but they will allow orders when vol. 4 is released. The way they do their listing kind of sucks because they don't list individual volumes under seperate listings. It's more like ordering a subscription. I just can't figure out if they are simply not going to sell it anymore.

There's probably no use in worrying about the lack of preorder options right. Macross Ace listings have always been slow to appear, usually only a few days before its actual release (even on Amazon.co.jp).

Now that they've actually decided it will be a quarterly, maybe listings will appear earlier; however, so far, this is par for the course (worrying included).

why even comment if you don't like it

jerk

I comment because I can and it doesn't contravene the rules.

Oh my, being called a name over the internet, I think I'll cry.... :blink:

I don't take the comments you make personally, I'd recommend you do the same... B))

IMO, I do not like the VF-9 battroid, or the VF-4's. Their fighter modes on the other hand, are very purdy... ;)

There's probably no use in worrying about the lack of preorder options right. Macross Ace listings have always been slow to appear, usually only a few days before its actual release (even on Amazon.co.jp).

Now that they've actually decided it will be a quarterly, maybe listings will appear earlier; however, so far, this is par for the course (worrying included).

Btw, how do you get that cover image while in Kadokawa official website I couldn't find info about Macross ace vol. 004. I'm not accusing you do something wrong, just try fulfill my curiosity.

• 2 weeks later...