Macross Ace

Ganbare

I went to the OC branch on Sunday.

The guy insisted M:TF has not been published yet, and neither has False Diva Guidebook. He said he usually works at the LA store and didn't see any new Macross item worthy of bring down with him to OC.

wtb some Macross respect from the OC store employees...

Yeah, what a bummer that he isn't in the "know". I picked all those up in one day, and the L.A. store has the Sheryl Nome visual book still available. Also got word that my copies of Macross Ace #3 are in, so I'll be getting those tomorrow. It's nice to work right next door to Little Tokyo. As for the guide book, I didn't see it there when I strolled in on my c7 (lunch break).

Hey guys Check it out!!

MACROSS THE FIRST will be done in english!!!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=31745

so let's go and help out (Gubaba, you're more than welcome to "join" )

No, just kidding..... Gubaba.

I read your thread on translation, and I do have a question. Maybe it's been answered before, but what is the money paid used for? Also, for example, if only 5 people were interested in a translation, how much would each person have to put in? I'm curious, cause most translation stuff that people do here is free, and any translation I've received, and have worked on has been free. Not to pester, so please don't take it the wrong way, I'm just curious what the money is for?

I'm starting to hate kinokuniya online book store. This is the second time they canceled a order of mine because something is out of stock. They have the worst inventory control system. Site says they have it. Place an order wait five hour later for an email that they don't have it anymore.

Hey guys :) Check it out!!

MACROSS THE FIRST will be done in english!!!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=31745

so let's go and help out :D (Gubaba, you're more than welcome to "join" :p )

No, just kidding..... Gubaba.

F'r cryin' out loud...

If anyone wants a copy of my translation of Macross the First, just PM me.

I haven't finished Chapters 3 and 4, but that's because I've been, y'know, translating a full book. <_<

F'r cryin' out loud...

If anyone wants a copy of my translation of Macross the First, just PM me.

I haven't finished Chapters 3 and 4, but that's because I've been, y'know, translating a full book.

If he was given the translations for free, would that mean that the download was free, too? If one still had to pay for it, then I can see where this is going. I went to the page regarding the place to get the other translations, and it's like $10 for a part of Mylene Beat, or something like that.

So tell me, ichido reichan, how does the money thing work. If more people donate, is it less money needed, and what is the money needed for? If it's for a translator, then I'd rather just wait for a fan who actually likes this stuff to translate, and I'd be glad to help in that. If you actually provide a nicely done hardcopy, and that's what the money is for, why not give people the option to simply download it?

Please stop senselessley arguing with eachother and stop making it look like some kind of competition.

We all know the reasons why it's hard to get something like Macross Ace in english officially. We also know that there are millions of ways to get it unofficially.

Everybody has the right to offer their own way - but please don't be rude and pick at eachother about it.

I think it's not right to poke at Gubaba here Ichido, because he is translating this out of love for Macross and has his reasons for not wanting to spread it everywhere on the internet.

You are free to do your own thing - but really why do you have to act like a school yard bully and call the guy out like that?

Just advertise your service without snide remarks about the other guy who happens to be doing it for FREE.

People who want it fast and who are happy to take you up on the offer will PM you.

People who want the version Gubaba is doing because they appreciate his offer will patiently wait for his.

The world is big enough for the two of you.

Stop acting like you're in kindergarten.

This is so totally rude and wrong. When somebody is taking their private time to do something FREE for fans - that person deserves a little bit of respect.

Nobody is saying you can't offer your translation services for money - fine. You can. It's a free universe.

But please refrain from snide remarks aimed at someone who is totally innocent and who is only doing something because they love Macross and also apparently love making the effort of translating from Japanese to english.

This whole thing really leaves a bad taste in ones' mouth the way you're going about it.

It's just not nice - I don't know how else to put it. It's like a little school yard bully and it's totally unnecessary.

And it derails a thread that should be about how much we enjoy Macross Ace and what people think of it and sharing our impressions and makes it into a stupid bit of bickering which just sucks.

Grow up a little.

Two or more people can work on the same thing. Have respect for Gubaba doing his thing and you go and offer your thing as you see fit and people will choose.

It's just sad that a fan who is doing something for free should be subject to such rude harrassment - leave the guy alone.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Going away from the negative vibe, I looked through #3 last night, and this issue has the Minmay shower scene, just much more tame. Nevertheless, Mikimoto's pics are simply awesome. The story still falls in line, but has some differences that stand out. For those that got it, you see what I mean. For those that don't have it, don't wanna spoil it for you, but when you get it, you'll like the subtle changes. As for the other stories, there seems to be part of Macross7 Trash in it, but the other stories, I can't tell what's going on, as I don't read or understand Japanese yet. Anyways, I'm happy with it. Good art, and it's a complete book about Macross. What's there not to love?

Hey guys, I haven't been around the forums in a while, so forgive me if this has already been posted. I know there are people still hoping to get the first issues of Macross the First. I noticed today that HLJ and HMV have them listed.

Macross the First Vol 1.

HMV

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3691273

HLJ

http://www.hlj.com/product/KDK15319

Edited by sharky

That's not Macross Ace vol.1, that's Macross The First Vol.1. Macross the First is the flagship manga that is in Macross Ace. It appears it's popularity have earned it a solo book. I've been looking through Macross Ace 3 lately, and I'm really liking the designs of Macross the First. If Macross was redone as an anime series, I don't think it'd be such a bad thing, especially if it was similar to this updated version. So, now we wait another 3-4 months???

That's not Macross Ace vol.1, that's Macross The First Vol.1. Macross the First is the flagship manga that is in Macross Ace. It appears it's popularity have earned it a solo book. I've been looking through Macross Ace 3 lately, and I'm really liking the designs of Macross the First. If Macross was redone as an anime series, I don't think it'd be such a bad thing, especially if it was similar to this updated version. So, now we wait another 3-4 months???

I'm pretty sure the contracts for collected volumes are drawn up BEFORE the manga starts running...I imagine we'll see collected volumes of all the comics in Macross Ace as soon as there's enough material...probably by summer of next year for most of them.

And yeah...next issue comes out in March. I hope they at least up it to quarterly soon.

I see. I've been getting Macross Ace from day one from another online source. I should have been tipped off by the cover being different. I overlooked that it was Macross the First and not the entire contents of Macross Ace. The thing is, IMO Macross the First is the only reason to get Macross Ace. So, at least those people that missed out on Macross Ace can at least get Macross the First. I'm starting to think it's better to get these than each issue of Macross Ace since I am only interested in Macross the First.

Edited by sharky

I see. I've been getting Macross Ace from day one from another online source. I should have been tipped off by the cover being different. I overlooked that it was Macross the First and not the entire contents of Macross Ace contents. The thing is, IMO Macross the First is the only reason to get Macross Ace. So, at least those people that missed out on Macross Ace can at least get Macross the First. I'm starting to think it's better to get these than each issue of Macross Ace since I am only interested in Macross the First.

I would be cheaper to do so...the only problem is size. Macross Ace has larger pages than the collected volume.

I don't have the book yet (it should be arriving this week or next), but if it's like most manga volumes, the color pages from the magazine will be in B&W for the book.

Other than that, yeah...there's not much to lose by skipping the magazine if you only want Macross the First.

I would be cheaper to do so...the only problem is size. Macross Ace has larger pages than the collected volume.

I don't have the book yet (it should be arriving this week or next), but if it's like most manga volumes, the color pages from the magazine will be in B&W for the book.

Other than that, yeah...there's not much to lose by skipping the magazine if you only want Macross the First.

Hmmm, bigger pages on Macross Ace would be a reason to stick to collecting them. The HLJ description says that it has 4 color pages.

I quickly counted the pages of M:1st in M:Ace vol 1. As you know M:Ace vol 1 contains parts 1 and 2 of M:1st. There were roughly 84 pages of M:1st content, and the first 4 pages are in color. M:Ace vol 2 has roughly 91 pages consisting of parts 3 and 4 of M:1st. And, again, the first 4 pages are in color.

I would wager that the stand alone M:1st manga will be parts 1, 2, 3, and 4, and if the HLJ description is correct then only the first 4 pages will be in color.

Also, the HLJ description has M-1st at 18.1 x 12.9cm, while M: Ace is approx. 25.6 x 18.

I guess I'll stick to collecting M:Ace for the bigger size and more color pages. But, actually I'll probably be getting both. :p

I have it on order and I'll know for sure when I get it.

I'll double check when I get home tonight, as I haven't had the chance to read it thoroughly yet, but I believe the only color pages are the 'Flashback' section at the beginning of chapter 1. It doesn't have the pin-up from Vol.2 of Macross Ace, but I think it may have some extra gubbins at the back.

I'll double check when I get home tonight, as I haven't had the chance to read it thoroughly yet, but I believe the only color pages are the 'Flashback' section at the beginning of chapter 1. It doesn't have the pin-up from Vol.2 of Macross Ace, but I think it may have some extra gubbins at the back.

Correct. Only the "Flashback" at the very start is in colour. The 2nd colour section from Vol. 2 is in B&W.

There is some additional content, as well as changes.

Changes:

All of the content from Macross Ace Vol. 1 is referred to as chapter 1, and all of the content from Vol. 2 is chapter 2.

Additional content:

line-art/test colouring (sadly, in B&W only) of Minmei and her ferret (the text is more nebulous: ferret-like animal.)*

Gag manga: "Macross The First: workplace report" by Yuzuka Masanari.

Interview with Tenjin Hidetaka who collaborated in the VF-1D arrangement.

* It's mentioned that the ferret is designed by Yuzuka Masanari, and Yuzuka also designed the Chinese dress.

:sigh: As usual, I'm unable to find a copy of Volume 3 anywhere near CT. :( I lucked out with Volume 2 when a kind member sold me a copy on here. Do any of you guys have a spare to sell? Or a link to a good site? Ebay is ridiculous and Amazon.jp is claiming that they can't ship it to the US. :wacko:

:sigh: As usual, I'm unable to find a copy of Volume 3 anywhere near CT. :( I lucked out with Volume 2 when a kind member sold me a copy on here. Do any of you guys have a spare to sell? Or a link to a good site? Ebay is ridiculous and Amazon.jp is claiming that they can't ship it to the US. :wacko:

I am selling Volume 2 and Volume 3

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=31767

I ordered vol 2. here, and I have vol. 3 on the way via SAL.

http://www.nippon-export.com/catalog/produ...oducts_id=28878

No NSFW this time (Sorry, I forgot to put the warning. I didn't mean to bring NSFW theme on to this forum, I swear !).

I got copy of vol.3 (2 weeks as usual), and found interesting section called Mechatronnics. Mean to ask, could some one...um... translate it? Or just synopsis, what Mechatronnics talking about?

Thank you.

Has this one possibly flown under everyone's radar? A special issue for the pachinko machine:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B002YYPLAY/

61X9MZhzCfL._SS500_.jpg

Ah! Ive been keeping an eye out for one of these (I used to buy the Evangelion ones waaay back when) but so far my local stores have only had general pachinko mags with only a page or 2 dedicated to the Macross machine. Will pick this up. Thanks for the heads up.

Has this one possibly flown under everyone's radar? A special issue for the pachinko machine:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B002YYPLAY/

61X9MZhzCfL._SS500_.jpg

There are several color pages about this at the end of Macross Ace Vol. 3. Does the general public normally buy these machines or is it really just arcade owners who buy them? Are they really expensive?

Wow, that's tomorrow already! Guess I'll check it out.

I still really want to know what's on that Macross Fever DVD. Is it the promos, and new footage and stuff? I've heard of some sightings of it in Tokyo from Alex. Tochiro? Save? Can anyone confrim the content? Obviously I'm going off topic so I will ask this in the Pachinko thread as well.

Are any of you MWers in Japan trying to go to this.

From my e-mail bulletin from CDJapan:

"Hello/ Salut/ Hola from CDJapan,

This week end, first Macross's manga will be available and the drawer, Mikimoto Haruhiko, is attented in Akihabara shop to make a sign session for 100 people. In CDJapan, we are also trying to get such wonderful exclusivity but as you can imagine, it is a hard negociation with publishers.

Have nice week end!"

Sooo, anyone trying to be one of the 100?

Edited by sharky